• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Ghost Physiology Page Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm taking this reference stuff seriously. Here is the update thread for the Ghost Physiology page. Here's the current page, and here's the updated version.

Difference
The new version contains all the needed scans and information, along with the needed references as they have become a mandatory thing. Also, I decided to put the season and name of the episode because different sites have some episodes in different order so instead of risking the wrong episode number, I decided it would be easier to just reference the episode name and the season it appeared in.

Abilities
As you can see, all the applications of Ectoplasm Manipulation in the series has just been merged into the description of the power.

I did this because while every ghost can manipulate their ectoplasmic energy and thus would have Ectoplasm Manipulation. However, not every ghost bothers to use it in various ways and thus while the could all potentially have Aura or Light Manipulation, they do bother to us it like that. So when updating the profiles, the ghosts who use their ectoplasmic energy as an aura will get Aura with a scan of them using it and so on.

This will help people who read the profiles understand that while ghosts can use ectoplasmic energy, not all of them use it in a specific way. Power Bestowal was also removed because the ghosts are the ones in control and using their abilities through another, they aren't granting them the ability for them to use. Avatar Creation was removed because they aren't creating avatars, they are simply manifesting forms to interact with things but that's still their true self.

Resistances
Pain Manipulation resistance was added because the evidence presented in the blog.

Weaknesses
There weakness to anti-ghost technology was removed because it's like giving a roach weakness to raid... it's something specifically made to effect them by humans. It's not a natural weakness that can be found.

Conclusion
It's an improvement all around, the information in it has scans and references. The unneeded stuff that didn't work was axed, so it should be easy to understand.

For the ghosts categories, they will have Flight, Surface Scaling, Self-Sustenance, Ectoplasm Manipulation, Durability Negation, Non-Physical Interaction, Incorporeality, Intangibility, Invisibility, Possession, Data Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Body Control, Regeneration, Immortality

For those who use their ectoplasmic energy for electricity will get Electricity, same with Aura, Light Manipulation, Fire Manipulation and so on. As I said, this will help show which ghosts use their ectoplasmic energy for different means as explained in the Ghost Physiology update. This is not saying the others can't, just that they don't use it for that method. However since their energy can naturally effect intangible beings and, effect the body on a molecular level, they will all get Durability Negation and Non-Physical Interaction as shown in the blog.

Alright. Since this has normal and staff member approval, I'm going to update the page.

I'll also start updating the character profiles with references/scans. Will do Danny's first since he's going to have the most updated so look forward to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back