• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Feats are gags!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Danny Phantom feats are now gags!?

So I was recently notified that some people now believe the 4-A feat and Possibly Low 2-C feats in Danny Phantom are apparently gag feats... Really, gag feats!?. I didn't think I needed to come back here and explain way this is completely false but it seems I do.

4-A
Here's the thread discussing the rating https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3224776

So I assume the reason people think this is a gag feat is because two things. The first is that Sidney Poindexter (A low tier ghost) created the realm that contained multiple stars, the second is that ghosts creating realms of this size is inconsistent with the overall way the verse is portrayed in power and doesn't fit the story.

First of all, if you actually read the upgrade thread you would know I specifically stated Poindexter didn't create that realm, he just lives in it along with a bunch of other ghosts. So that argument that this is a gag feat is completely bs and that wouldn't be a gag feat, it would be an outlier. However it is neither as I explained why already but I will do so again since people like to put words in my mouth and twist what I say.

Poindexter consistently get bullied in that realm and tried his didn't want to be there at all. If he created it, he would have been the one bullying everyone else do to the power gap he would have. It was never stated he created the realm, fans just call it Poindexter's Realm because he's the only named ghost who lives there and is the most identifiable one. I live in an apartment but does that mean I created the entire building, hell no. So I don't know were people got the idea that he created it when I explained on the upgrade thread that he didn't.

On the the next argument. "This doesn't fit the scope of the verse, they are not portrayed like this". Firstly, this is not the only realm in the Ghost Zone that has celestial bodies in it. Yes, it's the biggest but Dorathea's realm has a Sun in it and King Dullaman's realm has a moon in it so this isn't anything new. There are literally Infinite Realms in the Ghost Zone so god knows how many more there are that could potentially be just as big or bigger. This doesn't even account for the ghosts who don't bother to even create a realm and just make moons and planets!.

As shown in the speed upgrade thread I made, you can legit see freaking moons and planets in the Ghost Zone so how on earth is a ghost creating a realm that contains multiple stars a gag feat when the Ghost Zone has other realms that also contain celestial bodies and outside theses realms you have ghosts who have entire planets they have created for themselves.

So no, this isn't a gag feat or an outlier since there are ghosts who are actually able to do shit like this. Danny just fights the weakest ghosts in the verse which isn't a surprise since we are told early on in the series that most ghosts just want to be left alone so it's not like these strong ghost even want to fight anyone. Pariah Dark, Ancient Ghosts, Danny Phantom (Ecto Skeleton) and the others who are 4-A because the are the strongest ghosts and are depicted as such in the series which puts them above the ghost who created that realm.

Possibly Low 2-C
I'm going to assume it's the same issue with the possible Low 2-C rating so I'll explain the reasoning for the rating and why it's not a gag feat, or outlier or whatever the hell the argument is.

Pariah Dark and the Reality Gaunlet

Pariah Dark: Pariah is the only ghost capable of handily and using the power contained within the Crown of Fire and the Ring of Rage. These two ghost objects together are stated to have gave Pariah the power to do anything, gave power unimaginable, and Butch Hartman even stated that they give Ghostly Omnipotence. Obviously these statements can't give him a rating, I use these statements simply prove that in terms of raw power, the Crown and Ring are the greatest form of it. This puts them above every other Ghost Weapon which includes the Reality Gaunlet.

The Reality Gaunlet: The gaunlet is repeatedly stated that a full power it can control all reality and the gaunlet can effect Time and Space but that's not the pure reason for it's possibly Low 2-C rating. The GIW (Guys in White) stated the gaunlet has enough "Spectral Power" aka ghost power to "eradicate ghosts forever". Now in order for the gaunlet to achieve this, it would need universal range and ap.

It needs the Universal+ AP because in order to "eradicate ghosts forever" it needs to destroy the entire Ghost Zone which is an endless void filled with infinite realms. It is the flipside to the human plane of existence so yes, the Ghost Zone is the size of a universe. Now the reason it needs to destroy the zone itself is because the zone like all ghosts is made up of ectoplasic energy. This ectoplasm energy is sentient, this is evident because structures inside the Ghost Zone and objects are ghost themselves. The River of Revulsion is one giant river that is actually an entity, along with Carnivorous Canyon which is just one big ass sentient mouth.

The Infi-Map is just suppose to be a map yet it is sentient and can move on it's own. The Soul Shredder released a storm that created lightning bolts that literally extended beyond the range of the storm and tagged inanimate objects to turn them into ghost and when Danny and Sam hit these ghosts with the Fenton Phomer (A device that completely destroys ecto energy) the ghosts reverted back into the inanimate objects clean of any ectoplasm. Danny's clones that Vlad made are nothing more than Danny's ectoplasm that took form albeit unstable and while three of them were basically mindless, Dani gained a consciousness of her own.

All of these things are ectoplasm, ectoplasm can gain sentience on it's own or can form just by coming into contact with an object. So in order for the gaunlet to eradicate ghosts forever (meaning no more period) it needs to be capable of destroying everything that is made of ectoplasm which the Ghost Zone is otherwise more ghosts will just appear. This actually fits with what the GIW planned on doing as I'll explain next.

The Ecto Skeleton and the Anti Ghost Missile

Danny Phantom: Danny in the Ecto Skeleton isn't possibly Low 2-C only because it allowed Danny to fight Pariah Dark. It is also because it is likely superior to the Anti Ghost Missile.

Anti-Ghost Missile: The weapon was created by the GIW to destroy the entire Ghost Zone. The reason the Ecto Skeleton should be above the Missile is because Fenton Works technology is better than the GIW's tech. The Fenton's have literally created weapons that negate ghost physology and neg their powers while the GIW just uses Ecto Weapons which is just weapons that use Ghost Energy. Majority of the stuff you see the GIW with, the Fenton's have it and more plus the GIW couldn't even create a Ghost Portal which the Fentons have done. Even in an alternetive timeline Maddie Fenton did it by herself.

So if the most powerful weapon the GIW created can destroy the Ghost Zone (a universe) why would the Ecto Skeleton (the most powerful weapon the Fenton have) be inferior in terms of power when their tech is superior to theirs, they are smarter than them and it was made for power.

There is no gag feat here. The missile and the Reality Gaunlet were treated as serious threats. The GIW wanted to use the gaunlet to eradicate ghosts forever by destroying them and the Ghost Zone itself which is evident as they state their goal is to destroy the Ghost Zone entirely. This isn't an outlier since Pariah Dark is the most powerful ghost in the series and literally causes hordes if ghost to flee on sight without him even having the Crown of the Ring, Danny isn't an outlier since he's using suit that vastly increases his power. This isn't even solid Low 2-C, they have a possibly Low 2-C rating from this and that's it.

Note: I won't be able to reply quickly so if I don't respond right away I will later.

You should probably inform all relevant members about this thread.

Honestly, I read the OP, have being part the past 4-A and Low 2-C upgrade threads. I don't think the 4-A and Low 2-C tiers are gags or Outliers but valid since they were back by a lot of evidences.

This has got to be a joke. Danny Phantom is not Dr. Slump, Looney Tunes, or any other shown know for being a gag filled or gag relevant show. To my knowlege I can't even think of a single moment that would fall under the "gag" archetype. Even serious shows like DbZ & Naruto have gag moments, not DP.

All the feats stated above were don as serious feats, statements, etc., with everyone (in-world) believing it to be credible. It's not like Courage screaming the sun to death, Arale cracking the sun, and many other things. The show bases itself in a form of reality and has never actually strayed from a serious standpoint to warrent a "gag" claim on any of it's feats without proof/evidence. All of the subjects mentioned are fine where they are and should be left alone until actual gags are presented.

@Antvasima

I'm currently in the process of doing that. I'm just busy but I'll get it done.

???

Don't you think this is a bit of an excessive reaction? As far as I'm aware there's only been a single comment that referred to these feats as gag feats and even then it was almost immediately countered. There haven't been any CRT's on this matter or at the very least there haven't been any CRT's that have gotten any serious consideration.

All in all this feels a bit too much like making a mountain out of a molehill, excessive and wholly unnecessary

I agree completely with Griffin Danny Phantom isn't a toon force or gag reliant verse and while it has the latter it's usually played for laughs or just jokes. Never do the feats themselves are done for the sake of humor and are often important plot points/serious threats in the episodes themselves.

@Davidsteel1

I apologise for this then. This reaction was not just do because of that. I've had people off site call me an idiot for even remotely thinking these stats are true. No matter how much I try and convince people that these ratings are possible they just laugh at me and say I know nothing about Danny Phantom so I guess I got triggered when I heard it's now being suggested they are gag feats.

Again, I apologise for this overreaction.

Maybe I am not in a position to say anything since I have zero presence in any powerscaling site outside this one and never have been personally insulted like this but, but ratings here are called idiotic elsewhere all the time. Just see if they are actually saying anything logical or not. If it just boils down to "so dumb" paying any mind is pointless

I'm sorry to hear about that Griffin just know your easily the smartest person about Danny Phantom I've ever seen and all your hard work on this wiki is very admirable. And the fact people outside the wiki are inevitably gonna insult it that's just how the internet is.

And if it means anything one user did suggest to ask you and explain about this like you just did even if it was unnecessary since you already did that in the 4-A thread.

@Andy

You are correct. I shouldn't let outside opinions get to me especially if there arguments are bad (which they are).

I just don't understand the problem and that irritates me. Regardless I believe I did need to explain the Low 2-C reasoning since the orginal thread was a mess.

Well, just invite the people who doubted the scaling to this thread, and then we can hopefully soon close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back