• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa: Reaching 8-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in my previous Danganronpa CRT I've felt that I've missed something, and now I realized what it is.

How are they gonna be 8-B

Let's see first Kenshiro's current AP description.

Known to be the only person Sakura couldn't beat in a fight. Stated to be able to break the ground in half with one punch, and even after gaining his illness, he still posed a great threat to the Warriors of Hope, and so, it was highly encouraged to not fight him alone, or better yet, don't fight him at all[1]

The last, bolded part, isn't really what was said in his Hit List description, but just about him being at very least superior to 1 Warrior of Hope, to the point of needing at least two of them to being able to "hunt him". And the Wariors of Hope use their robots when hunting, making Kenshiro at least x2 the likes of Kotoko even with her High 8-C+ mecha. The High 8-C+ levels of Danganronpa here are baseline (6.5 Tons) due of them upscaling from a 6.01 Tons calc, so Kenshiro here would be 8-B given he'd be =>13 Tons. Him being 8-B is even more solid given he was ill when the Warriors of Hope feared him.

A new AP description would be something like this:

Known to be the only person Sakura couldn't beat in a fight. Stated to be able to break the ground in half with one punch, and even after gaining his illness, he still posed a great threat to the Warriors of Hope to the point of them being afraid to singularly hunt him[1]

Scaling

How does this affect scaling?

Well, not much. Kenshiro is canonically the strongest character, being below only under Izuru/Hajime. Unfortunately, the likes of Post-Revival Nekomaru and MRBS Monaca won't get in 8-B, but just higher in High 8-C+, Nekomaru's boost still doesn't suggest him reaching Sakura levels (who herself and Battle Trance Mukuro will still be really, really high in High 8-C+ anyways), and Monaca herself still is below Kenshiro for the reasons of him being 8-B.

So new scaling will kust be this.

Awakened Hajime > Izuru > Prime Kenshiro > Ill Kenshiro => x2 Kotoko = 13 Tons >> Kotoko = 6.5 Tons

You can only bump once every 12-24 hours just be patient or post this on the pages of the verse's supporters to get feedback

Doesn't this just mean that Kenshiro is unquantifiably superior to 1 Warrior of Hope?
I don't think so? In the description not only they say to not hunt him alone, but to even stay away until he's tired before killing him, meaning that even 2 would have a hard time against him, that's why he is =>x2.

Beating two other characters at once does not necessarily scale to being twice as powerful as each of them. It could easily be a matter of superior skill, speed, tactics, and other abilities.

Beating two other characters at once does not necessarily scale to being twice as powerful as each of them. It could easily be a matter of superior skill, speed, tactics, and other abilities.
Danganronpa verse is pretty clear about this thing about strength. Martial Artists there are treated as stronger than other types of fighters because of a much harder training, as for example Sakura Ogami is stronger than Nekomaru Nidai due of not only her being focused on combat, but because of her harder training too. And Kenshiro himself is stronger than Sakura as she claimed in both her Free Time Events in THH (1st game) and the end of the Chapter 5 of IF.

And they're afraid to singularly fight a ill Kenshiro while they're pretty confident about fighting Genocider Syo alone, who herself is below Sakura as shown in IF.

Last edited:
Danganronpa verse is pretty clear about this thing about strength. Martial Artists there are treated as stronger than other types of fighters because of a much harder training, as for example Sakura Ogami is stronger than Nekomaru Nidai due of not only her being focused on combat, but because of her harder training too. And Kenshiro himself is stronger than Sakura as she claimed in both her Free Time Events in THH (1st game) and the end of the Chapter 5 of IF.

And they're afraid to singularly fight a ill Kenshiro while they're pretty confident about fighting Genocider Syo alone, who herself is below Sakura as shown in IF.
Okay, so you are absolutely certain that it is just about raw power then?

Okay, so you are absolutely certain that it is just about raw power then?
Yeah, they talk also about him being the strongest man alive on the planet (they don't know about Izuru existence tho) and that has an "assassin fist" in the description I've linked as evidence in OP.

I would disagree with the idea that beating two guys = twice as powerful.
Besides just being wrong in an actual fight even in fiction, Kenshiro is better in every stats and skills already, so him being able to beat them doesn't mean he just overpower two of them head on.

I would disagree with the idea that beating two guys = twice as powerful.
Besides just being wrong in an actual fight even in fiction, Kenshiro is better in every stats and skills already, so him being able to beat them doesn't mean he just overpower two of them head on.
Wouldn't even a "Likely 8-B" work? Even Monaca is afraid of him while ill and her mecha is > others.

Well, Psychomaster is a calc group member. His function in our staff is technically not to evaluate content revisions threads, whereas Yuri is a retired discussion moderator. Also, I am inclined to agree with Yuri.

Last edited:
Wouldn't even a "Likely 8-B" work? Even Monaca is afraid of him while ill and her mecha is > others.
I mean, it still works with him just being his current tier.
It would be like scaling a guy fighting an army to the entire combined power of every single members at the same time. Wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, noticed that the gap between Kotoko and baseline 8-B is of x1.89. It just means that Kenshiro is >>> her. However, given that in lore even Izuru is much beyond everything in the verse, more than the gap between Kenshiro and Kotoko, wouldn't him be 8-B make sense? Given his position as God tier in the verse, it would make sense for him be such comparated to the High 8-Cs of the verse.

Which characters are High 8-C and why, and how does he compare to them?

Which characters are High 8-C and why, and how does he compare to them?
High 8-C+ characters are basically.

Kenshiro > Sakura Ogami = Battle Trance Mukuro > Genocider Syo = Baseline High 8-C+

Izuru is basically the Ultimate Hope, a Supergenius which has developed every single talent in the to its peak potential, being much above the original users of it, as shown with him easily one shotting Mukuro with just moving his arm against her (scan is on Hajime Hinata's profile, as Izuru is basically the alternative personality), without even striking a punch, his Luck exceeding Nagito Komaeda's, who has as talent basically his ridiculously high luck itself or Junko's analysis powers, other than easily beating Junko with a single kick while not even moving from his bed, and Junko durability is >>> baseline High 8-C+. As he's basically built to be the pinnacle of humanity, he should be much above every character of the verse, and Hope's Peak Academy, the organization which created it, is pretty much aware on how the world's talents currently are.

Despite being non canon as it's only from a spin off mini game, this is a good supportive evidence of him easily stomping Sakura because of him being the Ultimate Hope.

If him being 8-B is accepted, he should be "8-B, likely far higher" as all his feats were done with little to no effort from him, given his immense lack of interest towards everything he interacts with.

I still disagree with current levels but that doesn't matter here ...
Now my opinion of the thread is .... I disagree with the thread, by:
1 That it takes 2 to even have a chance does not multiply the result.
2 Izuru does not do direct scaling with Kenshiro, according to the story, the data from the academy was used to do it Izuru, Kenshiro could not go because of the disease and Sakura went in his place, so they did not use his data and he does not scaling him

If Kenshiro has been explicitly shown to be stronger than High 8-C characters, that is probably a fine tier to give him.

However, I find it very hard to believe that any Dangenronpa characters reach beyond Extraordinary Genius level intelligence.

Jumping tier just for being stronger than someone is a no imo.
I mean. He's far stronger than someone who's almost 8-B on his own.
Izuru does not do direct scaling with Kenshiro, according to the story, the data from the academy was used to do it Izuru, Kenshiro could not go because of the disease and Sakura went in his place, so they did not use his data and he does not scaling him
That's ignoring HPA researches tho lmao

However, I find it very hard to believe that any Dangenronpa characters reach beyond Extraordinary Genius level intelligence.
Dude. I said Supergenius to mean that he's basically the guy with all perfected talents, he's called as such in the verse. Not that he's literally that rating on the profile.

Dude. I said Supergenius to mean that he's basically the guy with all perfected talents, he's called as such in the verse. Not that he's literally that rating on the profile.
Okay. No problem.

Anyway, I trust Yuri's sense of judgement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back