• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D (Vampire Hunter D) vs Ren Amamiya

Would Ren's death manip be able to get past D's Low Godly regen?

If not, I'm definitely voting incon. It seems like Ren has a notable AP/Durability advantage. Even his Near End Game self was Low 2-C, and not only is Joker with Satanael far more powerful than that, but it outright one-shot another being who was At Least Low 2-C, Yaldabaoth, without any buffs or debuffs. When you also include Statistics Amplification for himself and Statistic Reduction that he can use on D, mixed with the Omnipotent Orb that would nullify almost everything thrown at him, Firm Stance which reduces all damage he takes by half, and so much more, D would surely not be able to even harm him. Yet if Ren isn't able to get past D's Low Godly Regen, then they're at a standstill.

Ren gets past it via all of his attacks being extensions of his Mind and Soul Manip. Recovering from mind and soul destruction is Mid-Godly.

Also, Sinful Shell is an Almighty skill, which bypasses D's resistance to Mind and Soul Manip.

In that case, I'm voting for Ren.

Distant One11986 said:
all almighty are skills right. if this is a ability so basically all D need to do is to copy it and used it againt them.
If he is able to copy it than it is possible for him to win, but then again what is his first move? He can't copy something if he is already dead.

And as i said above, Ren has massive range advantage of several km while D only has range of hunderds meters via space manip. With speed equal, D first move is to get close to Ren while Ren first move is possibly spamming almighty spell.

Though feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

I'm pretty sure D was supposed to get Mid-Godly thanks to healing from his own Fount of Life being cut.

Also, what's stopping D from just cutting Joker in half with a slice that ignores dura and negs low-godly regen?

Especially since his mere aura paralyzes opponents, including vampires and monsters with similar but weaker auras of their own.

On top of the fact that he can send Akira/Ren/whatever buzzword he's called now flying just by wanting to kill him really badly. (so good luck even getting close to him)

Well Ren is in range of D's spatial manip as well, so he has just as much of a chance of cutting first

AogiriKira said:
Well Ren is in range of D's spatial manip as well, so he has just as much of a chance of cutting first
I don't think so.

SBA says The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers.

D's range: Hundreds of meters with space manipulation.

Ren's range: Extended melee range with knife, Several Kilometers with Persona skills.

They start at 4 km giving Ren the range advantage.

Oh damn, I thought I remembered the space between them in SBA being like 10 meters or something lmao

AogiriKira said:
Oh damn, I thought I remembered the space between them in SBA being like 10 meters or something lmao
Just change the range if you want, though i don't know if doing that will make the battle fairer.

Eganergo said:
D's range: Hundreds of meters with space manipulation.
This is wrong/supposed to be changed too.

Someone who can warp all of space and time with a stab, extend their sword across infinity, and kill an omnipresent god with a single sword attack is definitely not limited to "hundreds of meters with space manipulation".

Hmm. Should we wait until Vampire Hunter D's revisions go through until contiuing this thread then? Sounds like this would lead to many major changes in his power set.

I would say so, although at this point it's looking like I'm going to have to be the one to carry out all the changes myself like I have to do with every other obscure character I actually like on here, and I have no idea when I'm going to have the time and energy for that.

I heard that D is getting a Mid-Godly Upgrade? That would be able to regenerate from... pretty much everything Ren has, right?

DarkGrath said:
I heard that D is getting a Mid-Godly Upgrade? That would be able to regenerate from... pretty much everything Ren has, right?
Yeah, Ren only chance is to incap with his ailments now. I don't know if that will work on D though.

Well, in the event that ailments do work, they are actually a perfectly viable solution. He uses them in-character, and some of them would be devastating if they worked on D (such as the Forget ailment, which would nullify all of D's powers).

Dizzy: What's it do?

Sleep: Left Hand has his own sleep manipulation and can almost certainly wake D up if necessary. He's actually outright brought him back to life before, so it's not like D being incapped stops Lefty from being able to do anything.

Forget: Lefty can literally show D his past again and give him back the knowledge he's been made to forget.

This is also assuming Joker does any of this before D can hit him with one of his abilities.

Back