• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D: More Revisions (Deities)

Not sure if we should assume that Qawsed, Even Lady of Pain might be said to transcend divinity considering how laughably above the other deities she is.

So, are we concluded?

Also, 4e is sorta like Dark Souls 2. Technically, it isn't bad. It is well made. Most of us (myself included) find it to pale in comparison to stuff like 3.5e (my personal favorite).

If he Transcended Divinity then wouldn't that put him in Overgod territory?

Perhaps. I mean, if you talk with the people that played with Gygax, they will say that Gygax's Tharizdun was an Overgod (that is why in older D&D websites he is listed as an Overgod). I guess this alternate Tharizdun is a canon version of Gygax homebrew Tharizdun.

4e is sorta like Dark Souls 2. Technically, it isn't bad. It is well made. Most of us (myself included) find it to pale in comparison to stuff like 3.5e (my personal favorite).

It's ok. I mean, in the years I've been playing, I've known people who thinks the same about 3.x. For them, their fave is 2e. Then, others says the same about 2e, because they like 1e or Basic, or 0e, or Holmes... I guess that we can coexist, nonetheless.

In the end, the lore is the same. I mean, for instance, by the end of the edition they revealed that most of the Blood War stuff and the Orcus stuff (the Shadow that Was) and Vecna stuff is canon for 4e. So yeah, those demons that helped Tharizdun with the Shard of Evil are in fact the "loths" for instance (seems they planned all of this and all "is going according to keikaku").

Anyways, does that mean do you need more feats from 4e? I mean, I have a few ones left. Mostly the stuff about a primordial who spawned the modrons vs Mak Thuum Ngatha, Tharizdun's feats (he has a few on his own), the Abyssal Plague, and a few other stuff.

We would only need more 4e/General lore stuff if we were making additional profiles at this point.

@Zeromaru X

Would only need them if we were to make a (forgive my spelling mistakes) Tharzidun, Asmodeus, or Demogorgon profile.

@Antvasima

Same as before but with the some suggested changes of removing the possibly higher rating from Io and adding a "at least" rating for the Lady of Pain

Make a new Revision thread then with what statistics you think fit. Because I don't think either are technically gods. Although I might be getting my Dark sun lore wrong with the former, but I think the mage-kings are technically gods (even if they were a ridiculously high level).

Neither are gods, yeah. Though Iggwilv can defeat demon lords (she defeated Graz'zt among others), so she will be at least at the level of a lesser deity.

but I think the mage-kings are technically gods (even if they were a ridiculously high level).

They fancy themselves gods, but they are just ridiculously powerful wizards (to the level of people like Larloch, or even more powerful). They can grant spells, but it seems theirs are more like arcane in nature (at least, this is true in 4e). The Dragon is way more powerful than any of the Sorcerer-Kings, so perhaps he will be akin a lesser deity.

EDIT:

If we go by 4e levels, the Dragon is like a Greater Deity.

I remember that magic in Athans is different in compassion to other worlds. They kill the surrounding nature or something if the wizard isn't being careful. Anyways I get Iggwilv being that high since she imprisoned Graz'zt for awhile (although I think he's done the same to her) amongst other magic shenanigans.

> (to the level of people like Larloch, or even more powerful)

I know mechanic wise The Dragon is rated as a stronger mage, but since neither are human I dunno how they compare outside of that.

> They can grant spells

Could mean that they're similar to demigods.

I will unlock the following profiles:

The Lady of Pain (Dungeons and Dragons)

Orcus

Vecna

Gruumsh

Corellon Larethian

Asgorath

Ao (Dungeons and Dragons)

Wizard (Dungeons and Dragons)

Tell me here when you are done.

I remember that magic in Athans is different in compassion to other worlds.

It's not that magic in Athas is different, is that magical practices are different. Arcane casters of Athas can exploit some bug in the "arcane weave" (for the lack of a better term) of Athas to increase the power of their spells by sacrificing the life force of the world by using defiling casting. But, this is also possible in Abeir-Toril using forbidden techniques.

Could mean that they're similar to demigods.

I don't remember how they granted spells in 2e. In the 4e reboot, they granted spells by investing magical power to their templars using special rituals.

Just piping in that I remember Iggwilv and Graz'zt supposedly having multiple battles, with her winning some and him winning others, so her being Demon Lord level would make sense, I'd think. I think she also had a small portion of Demogorgon's essence, or something.

Been a long time though, so I'm just going off of memory.

Okay I edited in everyone's new stuff except for the Wizard. Who I have no idea what he becomes.

I have locked all of the pages except for The Wizard.

Dang. I completely forgot to add a key to Orcus's profile. It was supposed to be "Outside of his realm | Inside of his realm"

Ao is "Avatar | True Form". I'll also edit in the various calcs and blogs into the main page

Also that entire Sphere of Annihilation section should probably be removed from Ao's profile.

I will unlock the following pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Ao (Dungeons and Dragons)

Orcus

Now that these are mostly through, hopefully we can finish the other things, get it all nice and tidied up. Goodie.

Okay I edited in the keys. Wizard will have to be handled by someone else though, I'm a bit busy right now.

I can do it (as in, downgrade it to Low 2-C, possibly 2-C), though that page should honestly get a CRT of its own, considering it is such a weird case.

I thought it was just a random claim. If it as backing then yeah it should stay.

No, wizard should scale to, at most, Low 2-C/2-C due to being able to ascend to the level of lesser gods. That said... that page needs a CRT of its own.

I mean. I'd like to make a CRT for it but if it helps for the purpose of your thread, then yes, I'll change it quickly.

Question:

Why is Ao said to be more powerful than the Lady of Pain? I mean, Ao is all powerful, but as stated before "only within the bounds of the spheres of Abeir-Toril". He has no power beyond that (he couldn't stop the Spellplague because of this: the Spellplague was powered by something that came from beyond his reach). There is any proof that he is actually stronger than LoP?

He is infinitely above all deities, including Multiversal level beings. Lady of Pain shows no showings of this.

Link of the above statement (of Ao being powerless to stop the Spellplague): https://i.imgur.com/fQ2Lc7S.png

He is infinitely above all deities, including Multiversal level beings. Lady of Pain shows no showings of this.

The Lady of Pain is one of the few known beings credited with the creation of the whole D&D multiverse (that includes more worlds than just Abeir-Toril, the only two worlds Ao is credited of having created). Yeah, despite what 5e want us to believe, nope, Forgotten Realms is NOT the whole D&D multiverse. Is just one universe (or two, if you count Abeir) amid the whole multiverse.

The only other known two beings credited with that feat are Io/Asgorath and Annam the Prime.

And also, LoP can destroy the WHOLE D&D multiverse with just showing her true form. How Ao can compete to this?

Back