• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D: More Revisions (Deities)

The last key would vary pretty hard since it'd vary between 6A and 2C.

Ascending to Godhood has always been a thing. It was a recommened thing in 2E if the PCs got to powerful, you could play as Gods in BD&D and 3E, and like you said it was a thing in 4E.

My issue is that I don't know what tier the Wizard's final tier would be. I get "at least 6A" via Abomination scaling, but I don't think we can really scale them to being Tier 2 unless we want to scale everyone to Raistlin Majere or Karsus's Avatar.

Wouldn't need if its a composite of every Wizard. Raistlin Majere (in one future) kills every single god in Krynn which includes multiple Greater Gods.

Oh boy. Wizard needs a LOT of keys lol.

Base Form (9-B, Subsonic, Levels 1-4, based on spells like Burning Hands, lvl 1 spell)

Early Levels (9-A, Supersonic+, Levels 5-8, based on spells like Tidal Wave, lvl 3 spell)

Mid Levels (High 8-C, Supersonic+, Levels 9-14, based on spells like Daylight, lvl 5 spell)

High Levels (At least Low 7-C, likely Low 7-B, Supersonic+, based on spells like Sunburst, 8-B, Earthquake, Low 7-C, and Legendary Dragons, Low 7-B, Levels 15-16, non-epic characters)

Epic Characters (At least Low 7-C, likely Low 7-B, Supersonic+, 6-B with Prep Time, Levels 17+)

Demigod Status Characters (God-Touched, maybe? Avatars? Anybutt, High 6-A, Supersonic+)

Lesser Deity Characters (At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C, Immeasurable)

Greater Deity Characters (At least 2-A, Immeasurable)

Sources: Weekly's Calcs

For the Low 7-C thing

For the High 6-A thing

For the 6-B Prep thing

Oh and all speed tiers come from two of three speed calcs I did awhile back, Hypersonic+ still needs looked at.

And if anyone finds another speed feat feel free to show me because epic characters and such should be immensely above any speed a lesser character can catch up to lol

Speed feats, it's hard to find anything better than what we have. D&D is pretty consistently locked down for speed amps. Hell, an epic monk (Grandmaster Kane) has one of the best travel speed feats in Faerun for travelling 100 miles to gather information (gathering info takes at least one hour) and then travelling 100 miles back to Drizzt and friends.....in the course of a single night.

Combat-wise, even a guy so fast he makes USain Bolt look like a toddler simply keeps in showing with the Hypersonic+ reactions (casually dodges arrows, leaps into the midst of an orcish horde and never comes close to being touched, fights Drizzt to a standstill without trying his hardest).

I don't believe speedsters truly exist in the D&D world, primarily cuz people like Gygax probably recognized they're busted as shit in fiction. The best argument you could make is Time Stop since it canonically is speeding the caster up to the point that the world around them doesn't move for anywhere from 12-30 seconds, but idk how to even calc or apply that.

Getting time stop through a speed amp means they'd be amped to infinite speed for that amount of time, but that doesn't sound right for DnD.

I agree entirely, thus my mention of it in a pseudo-dismissive manner. Time Stop also doesn't let you interact with anything, so it's interesting and a fringe case at best.

That's too bad, if only because the high tiers would be laughably faster than our Supersonic+ to Hypersonic+ people. Oh well. "Possibly higher" should probably be given for people suitably above low-tier people (as in, epic levels or so and above).

We should probably just call it a Time Stop ability. Most consistent basis, and it is named that, and it does that, and so on.

Back