• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Why Ao is High 2-A for being vastly superior to 2-As? That just warrant a "at least 2-A".

Also Asgorath is "at least 2-A, likely far higher" because he is comparable to the Lady of Pain who is 2-A

They are High 2-A via transcending infinitely 4D beings. Not simply being much stronger than 2-As, which is the justification on Ao's profile.

Not much of a D&D guy, only played some of the video games based in the setting and the rules, but yeah Ao's scaling seems a bit off. Also, at best Asgorath's justification would get "at least 2-A" for being possibly superior to The Lady of Pain, but the justification seems indecisive about that.

Also, sorry to derail a bit, but how come the Tarrasque is being scaled to high tier dragons based on the fact it does comparable damage with its bite to the breaths of top tier dragons? First of all, that sounds like game mechanics. Second of all, unless I'm mistaken, the only time it seems to be comparable in damage in either 3.5 or 5th editions is when it gets a critical hit, and even then it doesn't quite seem to hit the mark. Is there anything else supporting the ranking in some lorebook or story nobody knows about?

I agree that the scaling of the Tarrasque seems off. It also has Mid-Godly regen based on something that sounds like Low-Godly. I'm not expert in D&D though.

@Kaltias

Perhaps you could write a better clarification in the Ao profile?

It's not really about clarifying, it's more that he is High 2-A for a feat that doesn't qualify as such. As I said, i'm not an expert, I just found the profile and thought that the justification was off

Okay. I will ask Aeyu for assistance.

Ao is High 2-A because of what is stated at the bottom of this blog, which was used as a source during the making of Ao's page. Asgorath's page, on the other hand, was admittly made without this blog in mind explaining the weird tiering and because the page was protected I couldn't change it.

(Pardon my sudden appearence, I just saw this thread and thought, given I had wroten the pages for Ao, Asgorath, and several others, I should explain my reasonings for the current tiers)

So, which Dungeons and Dragons pages need to be updated, and to what?

I'm really not seeing anything justifying High 2-A though. Sure, he is immensely stronger than many other 2-As. But someone like YHVH is in the same situation, and he is "at least 2-A".

Well.... if it was up to me, based off what knowledge I have, I would change and list the characters teiring as this.

- Asgorath would be "At least 2-A" (Forged the infinite multiverse, On par with Greater Dieties such as the Lady of Pain who was immenslly stronger then Vecna, a being that had damaged the multiverse)

-The Lady of Pain would be upgraded to "At least 2-A" (Repaired the multiverse and was immenslly stronger then Vecna, a being that had damaged the multiverse)

- Other primordials such as Dendar and greater dieties such as Grummsh should be "At least 2-A" (Comparable to those such as Asgorath)

and if it must, Ao would be downgraded to "At least 2-A, likely far higher" (Vastly superior to all other gods of the multiverse to the point where they follow his rules, including the Lady of Pain who repaired the multiverse and was immenslly stronger then Vecna, a being that damaged the multiverse)

Edit: I also side with Aeyu about Ao's tier considering what shes said, though if it must be changed, I won't oppose.

Apologies for the confusion I have brought up and hope I can help with the fixing of it.

Generally speaking, I think that Ao is rated thus because he has been noted to exist at a level comparable to a being who transcends all of space and time, as well as being above all Realmspace, being well beyond the confines of the divine ranks and even alignment itself, and vastly above all the other gods combined. However, there's nothing to suggest that just because he transcends the multiverse, that he is anything beyond that. I generally understand the reasoning for the "At least," but it might be misleading, because his power did have limits, which were those of the Luminous being which existed beyond all things, though he said himself he serves no one. Personally, I think that he should be rated a solid High 2-A or Possibly High 2-A, and maybe we should drop the At least part. The rest should stay 2-A for reasons outlined above.

Okay. What do you think of their suggestions Kaltias?

Okay. Which pages do you need unlocked for editing?

I can do the 2-As (later in the day, not now) but I would prefer if we could came up with a new justification for Ao's tier first

Might I suggest High 2-A based off of this explanation or something similar:

High Multiverse level+ (As its Overgod, Ao is superior to, and exists beyond, the combined cosmology of the Realmspace. Transcends concepts like alignment and divine rank, and can influence the laws of the multiverse easily and handily, with no restrictions whatsoever. Pre-existing all of time and space, he is credited with the original creation of the cosmos in its complete entirety, and has total control over all its creations, including the gods, even when they exist in other realms. Completely unaffected by the actions of even the most powerful gods. Though he was originally stated to serve a higher being, he was later noted to serve no one.)

(Edit: I have have added rationales from my post below. Additionally, the above redtext non-link can be removed, but I or someone else should create the Luminous Being's page at some point, who would almost definitely receive a Low 1-C or possibly rating.)

I like it. It gives a good idea of why he is tiered as he is

I feel there should be a link to where the information comes from, thought that might just be the paranoia talking. Otherwise the explanation is good.

It's mostly from my knowledge of Forgotten Realms, though I can link to these pages to reference what I'm talking about.

I am also fine with Aeyu's suggestion.

This could also factor into the decision, with the following, sourced text recognized:

Lord Ao created the crystal sphere that holds the world of Abeir-Toril4. After he created the crystal sphere, it was just an empty, gray, and misty void, a timeless place of nothingness that existed before light and darkness became two separate things. Out of this shadowy realm came the two beautiful twin goddesses: Sel├╗ne and Shar, goddess of light and goddess of darkness.

Okay. So should I unlock any profiles, so they can be edited?

I will fix the tiering of Ao, and leave the rest to Kaltias. I may also add a page for the "Luminous being," whose tier can be further debated if necessary.

I would appreciate if you could write a list of all the exact titles of the pages that need to be unlocked, so I can handle it with a script.

Well, I more intended that Kaltias needs to have pages unlocked as well, but alright, I will start with Ao.

I will let you know when all edits are complete. Additionally, I am creating a page for the verse's supreme being.

Back