• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyrus (Pokemon) vs Simon Belmont

Pretty certain their hax are thought based, at the very least it shouldn't take more than a few seconds. Also I'm going to ask about the time stop thing.

Ic, if they open with thought based BFR there's not really anything Simon can do there but if its a few seconds he could hit them in the soul with vampire killer I guess?

Ok I just asked a staff member and no, time stop resistance does not grant general time manip resistance

Wait I ****** up. Even if dialga/palkia's hax is thought based cyrus would still have to order them, so it would take longer than I thought

Huh Ic, this might be viable then after all. So VK attacks your soul on contact, will D and P be okay against that?

Even if they resist soul manip im pretty sure they're baseline while simon has a pretty good scaling chain, so he could probably one shot.

Ic, was just I couldn't see it on their profile so not sure there. Simon can also do shockwaves with his whip as well think that was a move of his in Judgement

How likely is he to start with shockwaves? I feel like it's more in character for him to go in close first.

Errrrr idk, I managed to get a clip of him using it in Judgement

He can also AOE with Holy Water I guess

Unless special circumstances are met, which would be analyzed on a case by case basis, characters who have shown resistance to time-stopping abilities are assumed to be resistant to time-slowing abilities by default.
This is from the versus thread rules page. Resistance to time stop grants assumed resistance to time slow, but not anything else.

Simon >> Castlevania1 Dracula >= Castlevania 3 Dracula > Trevor >> Hector >> Leon Belmont >> Death >> Time Reaper >= Baseline

Rough idea of Simon's scaling chain

Honestly it just all depends on how likely Simon is to start with ranged attacks, if he tries to close the gap and use melee at the start then cyrus will just bfr him to the past or something.

Back