• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

cw supergirl upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
the small city level calc is legit but it applies for season 1, she has gotten stronger since then. I have two major points to support this.

first being that she claimed she would literally drop a moutain on mon-el if he lied to her again (he asked if she meant metaphorically and she responded with "geologically" so its clear she wasn't exaggerating), that should be at least large city/small moutain level right there at least (of course it could be more but theres no way of proving it)

and to help support that claim, when cadmus drained her of her energy (via using all of her heat vision energy into a special energy absorbing helmate they created) they were able to use that energy to power a nuke capable of destroying national city. in tandem with the mountain statement I think this should warrent an upgrade for supergirl, and possibly others that can be power scaled to her such as superman and martian manhunter

Did she literally say or imply she would die to like a 40 megaton bomb, when she turned the self destruct on on the fortress, which is why myxztl or whatever his name is since i can't spell it, was begging her to turn the self destruct off?

also it should be noted that despite his immense power, mr myx is rather stupid. there are any number of things he could have done to circumvent the situation with that, including containing the blast or teleporting kara to another location, however he didn't because hes not all that smart. so him falling for something like that wouldn't be that big of an issue

She still implied she herself would die to a city level explosion, i think her current rating is fine then, and statements of dropping a mountain on mon el are just hyperbole, either that or she has crap durability which would be strange.

her heat vision was enough to power a missile that would bust national city, the mountain statement adds on even more to support that, if we say national city is a large city (which is a pretty safe assumption considering in this pic of national city it stretches out to some far off mountains
National_City.png
) it would be consistent with a small mountain level feat, as large city and mountain are both ranked as tier 7-A so it supports each other

manipulating mr myx is a simple matter of bending the truth as opposed to the fact that she would literally die

if anything that's just an intellect feat to place kara above average (which is her current rating)

also with that pic of national city, it's almost certainly larger then what is shown since a city boarder ending at a place like that is unheard of. it would literally have to end at the heart of the city which is rather ridiculous for multiple obvious reasons

it would be larger since it would stretch in both directions, what we can see and what we cant

this is an image of national city viewed from roughly the other side (compare the skyscraper's)
National_City_0001.jpg

so yea its certainly a very large city. the mountain statement essentially is support for the legitimacy of her powering a large city level nuke

Celestial Pegasus said:
Did she literally say or imply she would die to like a 40 megaton bomb, when she turned the self destruct on on the fortress, which is why myxztl or whatever his name is since i can't spell it, was begging her to turn the self destruct off?
Actually it was a 400 megaton bomb with the fortress of solitude sealed off to make the damage even more devistating but to contain the blast to minimize the AoE. So that is 7A. Proof here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8W7vvo6VI8

@BRAFF ZACKLIN, It's not that Mxy is stupid, it's that there are certain things he can't do like stop someone from killing themselves or keep them from drinking orange juice. Whether or not these are self-imposed rules or rules that actually govern the imps is unknown atm.

there are a lot of ways he could have circumvented the situation but that is besides the point

kara deserves to be upgraded to large city or mountain level (im leaning towards mountain tbh, after all she can drop mountains on people, literally. stated in the musical crossover with the flash)

yes but its supported by the fact that her heat vision was able to power a nuke strong enough to destroy national city, which is clearly a very large city (scroll up for images of national city viewed from two opposing sides)

I think 7A fits nicely. We know:

1. She has the energy output to charge a nuke strong enough to destroy national city. This also means Kara's Super Flare attack is mountain level as she empties her solar reserves in one attack.

2. Kara basically stated that a 400 megaton nuke with the fortress of solitude sealed would have killed her. If it just took the 400 megaton nuke to kill her, then she wouldn't have needed to seal the fortress.

3. She did insinuate through a statement that she could pick up a mountain.

If not 7A then possibly 7A for the reasons stated above?

exactly my point. It would be great if we could get a staff member to approve this upgrade because she certainly deserves it.

I could get sources for both confirmation of her heat vision energy powering the nuke and her stating she can lift a mountain

If her Heat vision powered a City destroying bomb then, I can understand an upgrade to City level.

@Vegan Gains Thanks, do you have the clip of the heat vision powering a city destroying bomb?

Unfortunately, can't provide a clip, but the event took place during Season 2 Episode 14 after CADMUS absorbed her power.

I would like some more input on this thread, and I would like to see the feat, before I agree on anything.

Ya, just read the summary of the episode, there's no indication that they used her power, at least not from what I read. You'll have to wait for Exodus.

I can't seem to find a clip of Kara being forced to drain her solar energy but it occurs in the episode "The Darkest Place" which I think is S2 EP7.

yea it certianly happens, heatforce linked them discussing the nuke powered by her heat vision

the episode with the nuke actually has a quick flashback in it of kara draining her heat vision. so if need be I could just link the whole episode and then list times for the flashback and them discussing the nuke

I don't think the bomb is a fake, however, in that episode I believe it was used as a ruse to trick the heroes. Could we at least create a Feats list on her profile and add these three things to it:

1. Can use the Super Flare ability (first live-action krytonian to do so)

2. Had solar energy drained to power a fusion bomb that was stated to be powerful enough to destroy National City.

3. Stated to Mxy that a 400 megaton nuke with the fortress of solitude sealed would be enough to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back