• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Revision

Has anyone here watched all of Season 6 or 7, let alone the portion of Season 8 that's been syndicated?

If so, what feats are there that we haven't discussed? I heard Godspeed channelled the power of a thunderstorm (although that's a prerequisite, being a Power Rangers and all).
I've watched Season 8 crossover and part of Season 6 and 7 but I mostly remember abilities and not overly major feats

Though Season 8 had an interesting stuff for Despero since he could destroy all of Star City with the Flame of Pytar and Barry had to severe his connection to it to win

Because it obviously doesn't scale to Firestorm's normal AP or Durability. One is via absorption, the other is via a meltdown.
I don’t think you can prove that he absorbed enough of the blast so that his durability wouldn’t scale at all. What his body took would just be lower into tier 7.
His Earth-2 counterpart took ages to kill Joe with a normal blast.
Ah 1) so he’s 10-A now? 2) He could have been holding back or torturing Joe, 3) I don’t even remember this, 4) this only applies to Deathstorm not the Jax/Stein one.
At best, you might get High 7-C via Steel scaling, but I haven't seen enough of LoT to know how strong Steel is compared to everyone.
He should be relative to Vixen and Wally iirc.
Fourth, we're talking about a train that's heavier than kilometres-wide asteroids. I'm pretty sure this is just bad math on the CW's part unless this train is highly enhanced.
This was discussed back when the feat was accepted. It’s supposed to be a feat so we see it as one despite the train’s supposed limitations.
or even be able to accelerate at full speed with it?
I think we can deduce the speed from the scene.

I've watched Season 8 crossover and part of Season 6 and 7 but I mostly remember abilities and not overly major feats

Though Season 8 had an interesting stuff for Despero since he could destroy all of Star City with the Flame of Pytar and Barry had to severe his connection to it to win
Barry has outright scaling to the SF in like season 6-7. But I didn’t see it yet, so imma stay neutral on that.

Barry has outright scaling to the SF in like season 6-7. But I didn’t see it yet, so imma stay neutral on that.
I was mostly busy asking myself how was is possible for this series to sink like that honestly
There are interesting stuff in terms of feats though, like Godspeed

Ok, I watched the episode. I wish I didn't, but I did.

Firstly, no. We're told it's loaded with the alloy, but we don't get a good sense of how much there is.

Secondly, it's just referred to as dwarf star—one of the rarest minerals in the universe. They refer to it as an ore, and don't say it's actually pulled from Dwarf Stars (maybe they say that later or earlier in the Arrowverse, like Supergirl from what I remember, but idk).

Third, it's a normal train.
I don’t think you can prove that he absorbed enough of the blast so that his durability wouldn’t scale at all. What his body took would just be lower into tier 7.
He just absorbed it. We have no reference.
Ah 1) so he’s 10-A now? 2) He could have been holding back or torturing Joe, 3) I don’t even remember this, 4) this only applies to Deathstorm not the Jax/Stein one.
1) I'd argue his standard blasts just aren't as powerful as you think they are.

2) All blasts in this episode do the same thing.

3) Then watch the episode.

4) Who's a counterpart of the person that performed the meltdown feat.
He should be relative to Vixen and Wally iirc.
Didn't he knock out Vixen?

Didn't he also knock out Dominators that were overwhelming Supergirl?
This was discussed back when the feat was accepted. It’s supposed to be a feat so we see it as one despite the train’s supposed limitations.
Then say we should rectify that, especially since we're getting rid of so many calculations based on inconsistency and bad math (in-universe, not Spino).
I think we can deduce the speed from the scene.
Sure.

Last edited:
So I looked into it, the 1 million-ton key that Supergirl lifted was not just Dwarf Star, it was 'condensed' Dwarf Star. And it's not actually stated to be from a Dwarf Star (but maybe Ray says his alloy is in different works, like it is in the comics).

An identical key is stated to be 500 tonnes in season 4.

Yes, the Arrowverse writers are terrible when it comes to logic, physics, etc, but that extends equally to measurements, quantification and values of mass and energy, and especially any form consistency.

Sorry, but I think we should remove Spino's calculation (even if the metal is truly from a Dwarf Star), and I doubt similar variations will be anywhere close to that level of power considering how a train heavier than 20,000 Empire State Buildings only got us under 0.6 megatons of TNT.

Last edited:
When did the Firestorm stuff happened already? Was it off screen?
During one of the best on-screen TV superhero team-ups ever. Episode 2 of LoT.
Secondly, it's just referred to as dwarf star—one of the rarest minerals in the universe. They refer to it as an ore, and don't say it's actually pulled from Dwarf Stars (maybe they say that later or earlier in the Arrowverse, like Supergirl from what I remember, but idk).
I'm assuming it comes from a meteor.
Third, it's a normal train.
We were aware of that. But it's still a feat for Steel stopping that much dwarf star ore.
He just absorbed it. We have no reference.
Actually we do, if he had absorbed all of it immediately then the blast wouldn't have expanded that much.
1) I'd argue his standard blasts just aren't as powerful as you think they are.

2) All blasts in this episode do the same thing.

3) Then watch the episode.

4) Who's a counterpart of the person that performed the meltdown feat.
1) So weak that he can't easily kill a human? Either you argue he's tier 9 consistently and use it or you don't and then you don't use it.

2) And this means he isn't holding back or torturing him why?

3) A clip would be appreciated.

4) Sure, I'm fine with 7-C meltdown not scaling to anyone. But you brought it up as a counter to Jax's Firestorm.
Didn't he knock out Vixen?

Didn't he also knock out Dominators that were overwhelming Supergirl?
He never fought Vixen AFAIK and he wasn't there with the Dominators. Also you could potentially scale everyone to season 2 Supergirl via the Dominators, the question is whether we should since I'm pretty sure this includes the likes of Oliver Queen.
Then say we should rectify that, especially since we're getting rid of so many calculations based on inconsistency and bad math (in-universe, not Spino).
No like the issues were brought up before and we decided to go with tier 7 anyways since he still stopped that much dwarf star ore, outlier for the train to have that much dwarf star on it. That's what I'm getting at.
So I looked into it, the 1 million-ton key that Supergirl lifted was not just Dwarf Star, it was 'condensed' Dwarf Star. And it's not actually stated to be from a Dwarf Star (but maybe Ray says his alloy is in different works, like it is in the comics).

An identical key is stated to be 500 tonnes in season 4.

Yes, the Arrowverse writers are terrible when it comes to logic, physics, etc, but that extends equally to measurements, quantification and values of mass and energy, and especially any form consistency.

Sorry, but I think we should remove Spino's calculation (even if the metal is truly from a Dwarf Star), and I doubt similar variations will be anywhere close to that level of power considering how a train heavier than 20,000 Empire State Buildings only got us under 0.6 megatons of TNT.
I don't get your logic here, we're not even basing ourselves on statements for the calc right? Also dwarf star matter is from a dwarf star, like duh.

I'm assuming it comes from a meteor.
Maybe. That’s how it happened in the comics.
We were aware of that. But it's still a feat for Steel stopping that much dwarf star ore.
I’m aware of that, but it’s still probably millions of times less impressive than calculated.
Actually we do, if he had absorbed all of it immediately then the blast wouldn't have expanded that much.
He could also be absorbing the portion he’s making contact with.
1) So weak that he can't easily kill a human? Either you argue he's tier 9 consistently and use it or you don't and then you don't use it.
I didn’t argue his standard blasts were tier 9.
2) And this means he isn't holding back or torturing him why?
Because every blast he fires is just as powerful, even when he’s explicitly not restraining himself.
3) A clip would be appreciated.
It happens over time, and I can’t get one rn.

Edit: The blast.
4) Sure, I'm fine with 7-C meltdown not scaling to anyone. But you brought it up as a counter to Jax's Firestorm.
I brought it up as a counter to both.
He never fought Vixen AFAIK and he wasn't there with the Dominators.
The wiki says otherwise, but I don’t know how reliable that is. I’ll have to look into it.
Also you could potentially scale everyone to season 2 Supergirl via the Dominators, the question is whether we should since I'm pretty sure this includes the likes of Oliver Queen.
I’ll take your word for that, but I do vaguely remember him killing them (I’m assuming it’s not with special arrows).
No like the issues were brought up before and we decided to go with tier 7 anyways since he still stopped that much dwarf star ore, outlier for the train to have that much dwarf star on it. That's what I'm getting at.
And I’m saying we’re taking those kinds of issues into account now, which we’re using this entire thread for. Also, there’s plenty of other issues that I brought up.
I don't get your logic here, we're not even basing ourselves on statements for the calc right?
We’re still relying on the CW’s misunderstanding of science and massive amounts of non-sense for our calculation to work, is what I’m saying.
Also dwarf star matter is from a dwarf star, like duh.
Yeah, probably. But is that stated?

Last edited:
Probably better to just scale her to her own stuff and use Flash as supporting evidence. Especially considering she still tops out at just under lightspeed.
Agreed, it's already confusing enough so we should focus on stuff proper to each character

K8znJn.gif

Normal dudes can move relative to bullets, so who knows how you can even scale anything in this show.

For real though, he's ridiculously inconsistent, probably enough to make tiering him in a profile just impossible at all. Although he isn't necessarily worse than a lot of comic characters, so there might be a way to work something out, but it'll be sketchy.

I still think we can get something for a profile but like you said, it'll be very tricky and it'll probably involve a "likely higher" and a not for his profile to explain just how ridiculously inconsistent the whole show is

Yeah I'm fine with removing the Steel calc since it's just that
I would note Atom has a 9-A+ we could scale Flash and co too tho

Here's everything that seems to warrant a calculation, imo.

- Turning the sand guy into glass isn't that impressive, but it's a good supporting feat.

- Atom Smasher barrels through concrete. I'd say Zoom is inferior, but not vastly because, like I mentioned, he one-shot Barry's spine.

- Barry's whirlpool feat from episode 15. A whirlpool of similar size from Jojo got High 8-C+ results (with RKE no less), and it forms just as Barry begins running, so it definitely scales to his lightning.

- Oil Tanker feat in Magenta.

- Vibrating a train.

- Even assuming both characters created a hemisphere 10-metres wide that raised the temperature of 1 kg of wood to 800 C, I got some pretty high Tier 8 results. So the combined lightning feat from episode 21 seems worth it.

F3 Tornadoes are Large Building level+. Rival did kind of run for a bit, so I could see Large Building level Flash.
Firestorm was uninjured by a blast from Tokamak and one of Tokamak’s energy blasts vaporized a small part of a football field. I assume it’ll get low end Tier 8 so prolly a good supporting feat

Anyways there’s this feat of Godspeed robbing a truck in like an insanely short timeframe and this scales to Nora who scales to Post-amp Zoom. Pre-amp Zoom backscales from this and potentially early season 2 Barry as well. And hell even season 1 Barry could scale to this via time travel. But perhaps that is too inconsistent?

Oddly enough, there are cameras capable of operating at such speeds, and even 5 or 70x faster.

Tbh, I sort of see it in the same light as Barry not being able to cover a street in 0.21 seconds, and it supposedly being so far above him that he needed to amplify his speed more than he’d done between the first episode and mid-season 3.

Writers don't do math in full force
It's kinda really ******* bad in the CW tho like deadass even smallville did Clarks speed progression and usage pretty decently and rando's wouldn't just be able to blitz him all the time and usually other stakes were involved in him not being able to just blitz people or getting caught off. It's just handled in a way that doesn't even lack common sense even if they try and involve any basic numbers or thought into their math(talking about the CW ofc)

It's pretty damn sad because honestly, I don't think the writers are actually that bad at it, I think they just don't care and throw numbers with complicated speed-related terms to give off the impression everything is growing more spectacular to viewers who have no knowledge of it (except even I was able to tell there's a problem with some numbers even though saying I suck at math is a MASSIVE understatement...except for money, I'm pretty good with it)

Also, Smallville handled Clark's power level much better I think. With Flash, it was fine good the first seasons and then from Season 5, the mess started and it just became worse (and the previous seasons weren't perfect)

The math is horrendously bad, not just inconsistent.

‘We’ll need at least 6.7 terraelectron volts to stop that black hole!’

There’s about 110 trillion mosquitos, I’m sure they’re more than willing to send at least 6.7 adult mosquitos to fly into it.

Edit: Autocorrect.

The math is horrendously bad, not just inconsistent.

‘We’ll need a time least 6.7 terraelectron volts to stop that’s black hole!’

There’s about 110 trillion mosquitos, I’m sure they’re more than willing to send at least 6.7 adult mosquitos to fly into it.
LMAO
It’s 0.21 seconds regardless, and the Flash can easily accelerate to those speeds.
Did they actually phrase it like that?

Back