• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Revision

Well I simply calculated the rotational KE of it.

Although now that I think about it doesn't Barry require some time to build up to that speed? Might knock things down a bit.

EDIT: Actually it seems like the whirlpool forms pretty rapidly once Barry starts running in a circle so it's probably fine.

What are the agreements on rejecting statements? I think Devoe's and Cisco's breaches closing in picoseconds should still be valid as they are fictional elements of the show, and cannot be contradicted by real life logic

Btw is Black Siren going to be scaled to her building busting feat or overall lower portrayal in Arrow? That will be relevant for season 2 and further scaling

So, like a lot of people I haven't been watching the Flash in ages, so naturally his page is lacking keys for his newer seasons. I read up his wiki page a bit
Why doesn’t killer frost have AZ? Also why doesn’t captain cold have Az? Why doesn’t cw flash have resistance to AZ? There are feats and statements

What are the agreements on rejecting statements? I think Devoe's and Cisco's breaches closing in picoseconds should still be valid as they are fictional elements of the show, and cannot be contradicted by real life logic
I think the argument is that the showrunners don't know what the hell they're talking about and are just throwing out random numbers, such as in cases where the calculated speed of Barry by STAR Labs literally contradicts what's shown on screen (that is easily calcable), how a black hole has the energy of a mosquito flapping it wings but Barry isn't strong enough to stop it, 1 gigajoule = 1 megaton and so on. So it probably wouldn't be usable too since the writers likely have no idea what picoseconds are.

Btw is Black Siren going to be scaled to her building busting feat or overall lower portrayal in Arrow? That will be relevant for season 2 and further scaling
I brought it up earlier but the way she uses her blasts is not really consistent as a lot of people don't get harmed but are just incapacitated by the sound.

Also I think we should ditch the FTL calc. The connection between Godspeed attacking with 5 billion joules and Nora's lightning being MHS+ was honestly flimsy

I think the argument is that the showrunners don't know what the hell they're talking about and are just throwing out random numbers, such as in cases where the calculated speed of Barry by STAR Labs literally contradicts what's shown on screen (that is easily calcable), how a black hole has the energy of a mosquito flapping it wings but Barry isn't strong enough to stop it, 1 gigajoule = 1 megaton and so on. So it probably wouldn't be usable too since the writers likely have no idea what picoseconds are.
In the case of the picosecond instance, Barry was stated in the same season to move faster than the speed of light, but was also fodderized by a sound-based attack, so.... take that one with a grain of salt.

Sort of.

New ratings (pending some calculations, obviously).

Attack Potency: Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Faster than Rival, who can generate F3 tornadoes). At least City Block level with amp (Severely injured Zoom, even after he added Barry's speed to his own) | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Superior to his early Season 2 levels of speed. Consistently defeated the Rival) to at least City Block level (Appears to have regained his previous levels of speed by the Dominator Invasion. Increased his speed enormously throughout the Season) | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Destroyed DeVoe's satellite after he increased its mass a thousand-fold), Higher at full power (Curbstomed Cicada). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (Comparable to Eobard Thawne) | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force (Increased his power significantly since his fight with the Reverse Flash. Fought and defeated Despero, who was stated to have power on par with Kryptonians. Contained the Flame of Py'tar, which would have destroyed Central City). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Comparable, though somewhat inferior, to the Reverse Flash). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (After disconnecting himself from the Speed Force, his wake placed immense pressure on the Earth's mantle, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami and melting the polar ice caps)

Speed: High Hypersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ after his amp | Relativistic, Higher after his amp (After increasing his speed naturally, he eventually outclassed Zoom even with Barry's speed) | Relativistic (Somewhat faster than his Season 2 self) to at least Relativistic (Outclassed Supergirl during the Dominator Invasion. Could keep up with Wally and Savitar by the end of the season; Julian Albert previously suggested that Barry would need to surpass his current speed by the same level that he eclipsed his early season 1 self) | FTL (Blitzed Wally. Moved so fast that lightning appeared to stand still. Lapped the world several times in quick succession), Higher at full power (Easily blitzed the Reverse Flash), far higher with Electricity Absorption (Managed to run across an entire corridor before DeVoe's portal closed, despite previously being unable to even approach it from a much shorter distance) | At least FTL (Significantly faster than before) | FTL

Durability:
Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with Speed Force Aura (Can withstand his own lightning, which is generated from the energy he produces while running). At least City Block level with amp | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ to at least City Block level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force, Higher at full power | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Withstood a lightning blast from the Reverse Flash)

Key: Season 1 | Late Season 1/Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4-7 | Season 8 | Armageddon Timeline
Bumping this since this is getting more attention and it's what we currently have plus thr high 8-C calcs for season 1 pre amp barry

I think statements should be usable unless outright contradicted
We decided over the course of the thread to drop most of the statements because there's lots of outright false statements made by the show that contradicts the feats given like

"Mach 7 is enough to run loops(circles) around the world" which obviously is isn't correct

Or
how a black hole has the energy of a mosquito flapping it wings but Barry isn't strong enough to stop it, 1 gigajoule = 1 megaton and so on
This for example

Scrutinizing statements more is fine but I don't think we should just drop any uncontradicted statements that don't defy logic because a lot of the other statements do

In most cases they are our only way of procuring enough information about feats

Scrutinizing statements more is fine but I don't think we should just drop any uncontradicted statements
I don't like this line of thought. If we're saying the writers are so consistently wrong most of the character dialogue can't be trusted then we shouldn't cherry pick statements that we happen to agree with.

We either acknowledge that it's inconsistent so the Flash should get a variable rating or we ignore them completely because it's just not reliable.

Also statements are important to conveying what's going on, so we obviously can't ignore all of them, some standards would be needed on what statements to ignore and accept

Because its what we had before. It's ignoring stuff we don't like and cherry picking things we do.
No it's not, contradictions have nothing to do with personal preference. 3 billion joules won't suddenly become equal to 3 megatons if I just happen to like low 7-B Flash

Also it's not like "Authors don't know maths" is a concept unique to Flash, we have used this to ignore certain statements that defy logic before without dismissing all statements about the verse in general

I mean, obviously? I'm against applying a blanket rule to dismiss all statements but that doesn't mean I want to go the opposite extreme

Funny how I was once one of the only people still interested in the Arrowverse and now that I've lost most of my interest for it, the verse is getting more attention lol

Also statements are important to conveying what's going on, so we obviously can't ignore all of them, some standards would be needed on what statements to ignore and accept
I mean you have narrative statements and capability statements, the former shouldn’t be disregarded. Technically one can’t disregard any statements without an explanation, case-by-case analysis of consistency is required, obviously in Arrowverse that’s quite hard to do…

No it's not, contradictions have nothing to do with personal preference. 3 billion joules won't suddenly become equal to 3 megatons if I just happen to like low 7-B Flash
I mean you could also argue that the authors wanted to say the characters have 1 billion joules lightning bolts (surprisingly close to the real life value of lightning) but miscalculated that they could hit 3 megatons, which is why I'm not so sure about how we currently cherrypick in that situation.

Given the AP upgrades if the lightning has energy greater than 8-C it's MHS+ anyway by wiki standards.
Yeah but the joules value corresponding to irl lightning was a point in why the lightning should be assumed to have the properties of natural lightning

Is there evidence to consider the lightning Nora was releasing to have the properties of natural lightning?

Barry uses SF lightning to shock his own suit in season 4, it has electrical properies but might actually be tachyons or smth.

Back