• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Current Luffy vs Third Raikage

This is a tough battle. Luffy is Mountain level while the 3rd Raikage is Mountain level+.

Luffy is Mach 637+ while the Raikage is Mach 449+. So Luffy is roughly 1.5x times faster than the Raikage.

Luffy has a speed advantage but he isn't fast enough to speed blitz the Raikage.

I'm going to say that the 3rd Raikage would win this match. Luffy is not fast enough to blitz the Raikage. But the Raikage has a DC and a Durability advantage compared to Luffy. So even if Luffy is faster,the Raikage is capable of taking more blows than Luffy can, and he has higher firepower than Luffy.

One other thing to note through is that the 3rd Raikage's attacks are piercing attacks, not blunt attacks. A few Hell Stab's would end Luffy seeing as Luffy is more resistant to blunt attacks, compared to piercing attacks.

Uh... Wait... What? You're kidding right? We don't even know how durable said rubber was. Luffy's rubber is "super rubber" compared to it. Luffy can stretch for kilometers without said rubber materials lessening. He can tank attacks like a giant fist smashing him (his durability is far higher when taking blunt attacks), and unless you have feats, I'm thinking that God Thread is Superior to Hell Stab. Especially if Luffy takes to using his Gear Fourth.

So let's see about this, OK. What blows has Raikage tanked that make him superior to Luffy's who has taken a punch of blows, and has dished out blows such as a singular, normal, Haki punch which destroyed a Town Equivalent Stone Mountain. Let's not even get to the fact that whatever Zoro and Sanji can do, Luffy can considering he is often cited as their superior MULTIPLE TIMES in the pre and post skip.

Luffy has the Speed advantage. So Raikage's not landing as many hits as Luffy is, and isn't dishing them out as quickly either.

It seems to me like you're taking the in universe nickname 3rd Rai has. It doesn't count in an actual fight against superior opponents, you understand this right?

No, his finger pierced its horn which is why it's without one of its full horns. He could contend with a Bijuu, but we don't know in what way. Hell, A is said to have power "comparable to a Bijuu". That doesn't mean he is as powerful as a Bijuu, especially since he showed nothing of the sort in his fight against Madara.

This is probably the last time I'm gonna be replying in a while.

But let me just clear something out here. There is no such thing as a "Mountain Level+" people only add the "+" because it makes their character appear stronger. Don't believe me well take a look at the Attack Potency page then.

Now let's go forward with comparing their stats.

DC = Equal or Luffy is superior. Why Luffy may be superior well if you've seen this calc you would know that 796.879 Mt result is only around a half of the entire energy required for that feat.

Speed = Luffy as he is mach 630+ while Raikage is mach 440+. You're also forgetting that there was a translation error for sea which could actually disreagard the whole calc but then again I never actually brought it up so it is my fault in a way. Still doesn't change the fact that Luffy is faster.

Durability = Equal or Luffy is superior. Luffy is either Mountain Level or Large Mountain/Small Island in durability.

So final tally Luffy wins because of Superior speed, possibly superior DC and Durability.

Sigh I'm gonna have to bring up the translation error in a thread soon and ask someone to provide a proper translation of the full sentence.

"It seems to me like you're taking the in universe nickname 3rd Rai has. It doesn't count in an actual fight against superior opponents, you understand this right?"

I don't understand what you mean by this comment

" I'm thinking that God Thread is Superior to Hell Stab. Especially if Luffy takes to using his Gear Fourth."

Doflamingo is only listed as Mountain level while the 3rd Raikage is listed as Mountain level+. 3rd Raikage > Doflamingo stats wise.

"DC = Equal or Luffy is superior. Why Luffy may be superior well if you've seen
this calc you would know that 796.879 Mt result is only around a half of the entire energy required for that feat."

On the List of Accepted Calcs, the King Kong Gun is listed as 760.669 MT which is only Mountain level https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Accepted_Calcs

"Speed = Luffy as he is mach 630+ while Raikage is mach 440+. You're also forgetting that there was a translation error for sea which could actually disreagard the whole calc but then again I never actually brought it up so it is my fault in a way. Still doesn't change the fact that Luffy is faster."

The Mach 449 is accepted and I didn't forgot about the translation thing. Also Luffy is only roughly 1.5x times faster. Luffy is faster than the Raikage but he is not fast enough to blitz him.

"Durability = Equal or Luffy is superior. Luffy is either Mountain Level or Large Mountain/Small Island in durability."

Luffy's durability is only Mountain level. His profile says "likely Large Mountain/Small Island level" It only says 'likely' not that it is that high.

"But let me just clear something out here. There is no such thing as a "Mountain Level+" people only add the "+" because it makes their character appear stronger. Don't believe me well take a look at the
Attack Potency page then. "

There is a "+" On a LOT of stats on this wiki.

Yes the "+" is because no one bothered to remove it. Let me ask you this is there a given amount of energy for Mountain Level+ like the one we have for Moon+ on the attack potency page.

Did you look at the calc.

If the correct translation was shoreline instead of sea then I can get it unaccepted you know.... I've just been too lazy to look it up or bring up a thread about it....

"Yes the "+" is because no one bothered to remove it. Let me ask you this is there a given amount of energy for Mountain Level+ like the one we have for Moon+ on the attack potency page"

Well alright then. If Mountain level+ doesn't exist (And it really should because there is a Moon level+,Planet level+,Multi-Planet level+, etc) then Luffy takes this.

"Did you look at the calc."

Yes. I understand that 760.669 MT is the energy required to lift the rock on the left. But because the rock on the right does not rise as high as the rock on the left, you can't double 760.669 MT to get the final result. 760.669 MT is accepted and while the actual result is higher than that, it is unquantifiably higher because you can't calc the energy for the rock on the right.

"If the correct translation was shoreline instead of sea then I can get it unaccepted you know.... I've just been took lazy to look it up or bring up a thread about it...."

In the raws of that chapter it says "µÁÀ" ("Umi") which can really only be translated to sea. Sea is the correct translation.

Sigh. Why do you think there's a likely Large Mountain/Small Island Level. Even the the person who did the calc addmited that the true result would be 1.1 Gt to 1.3 Gt. And I need to go and edit the accepted calcs page.

-_- You do know how japanese works right. I'm guessing that you saw what some random person translated on the comment section of the calc.

Tell ya what. When you combine the Kanji for Fuji "Õ»îÕú½" and the kanji for Yama "Õ▒▒" what do you think you'll get.

Japanese doesn't work in a way where you can just translate one Kanji and be done you'd have to translate the whole sentence.

I got the translation thing from the comments in the calc http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=24486&page=2. The comment says" He just says "µÁÀ" ("Umi") which can really only be translated to "sea". If he had said "µÁÀÕă" ("Unabara") you'd have a bit more leeway as it could mean any deep body of water, although that is usually translated to "oceans" or "depths""

"Sigh. Why do you think there's a likely Large Mountain/Small Island Level. Even the the person who did the calc addmited that the true result would be 1.1 Gt to 1.3 Gt. And I need to go and edit the accepted calcs page."

Don't you need to edit Luffy's page too? Isn't 1.1 GT to 1.3 GT Large Mountai/Small Island level?

"-_- You do know how japanese works right. I'm guessing that you saw what some random person translated on the comment section of the calc. "

Yup. But the word used in the raws was "µÁÀ" ("Umi") which does translate to Sea.

"Tell ya what. When you combine the Kanji for Fuji "Õ»îÕú½" and the kanji for Yama "Õ▒▒" what do you think you'll get."

I don't know any Japanese. So I have no clue lol.

No only thing I needed to do was change 760.669 Mt to 796.879 Mt as the 760 result is before Rib edited he calc... And not really. The amount of energy required would be between 1.1 gt to 1.3 gt but we don't have calc to proper prove this so it's only gonna say likely Large Mountain/Small Island on Luffy's profile.

I know...

It's like this when you combine the Kanji for Fuji and Yama it should be like this Õ»îÕú½Õ▒▒. Now when you combine just Fuji and Yama you'd get Fuji-Yama (The mountain in Japan) right but when you combine the Kanji you would get Fuji-San instead depending on whether you read it by On'Yomi or Kun'Yomi. As such you can't just translate one word for the sentence and think that you've cracked the case as just adding one Kanji can change the whole meaning of the sentence.

Japanese has three forms of reading and writing. Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. On Kanji there are two types of reading styles: On'Yomi and Kun'Yomi. Just to sum it all up On'Yomi and Kun'Yomi annoys even native Japanese speakers.... I'll just say that.

I'm still debating on whether I should look up the raws for that Naruto Chapter. I already have enough on my plate of work...

"I'm still debating on whether I should look up the raws for that Naruto Chapter. I already have enough on my plate of work..."

Here is the Raw scan of that chapter so you don't have to look for it.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the Japanese language.

Naruto 621 Raws
Naruto chapter 621 Raw.

Dude finding the raw scan is easy. It's the translating part that's hard. Even after I decipher the Kanji they used I'd still need to think for a while and look at it from both perspectives (On'Yomi and Kun'Yomi).You don't know how much of a pain in the @ss that is.

Also my explanation was pretty vague. Also if you ever intend to learn Japanese just know this Hiragana and Katakana combined have around 50+ syllables and Kanji has OVER 9000 syllables/characters (I'm not kidding.... well I don't know the exact number but it's still in the thousands) so just know this if you ever intend to learn Japanese....

"Dude finding the raw scan is easy. It's the translating part that's hard. Even after I decipher the Kanji they used I'd still need to think for a while and look at it from both perspectives (On'Yomi and Kun'Yomi).You don't know how much of a pain in the @ss that is."

I see.

"Also if you ever intend to learn Japanese just know this Hiragana and Katakana combined have around 50+ syllables and Kanji has OVER 9000 syllables/characters (I'm not kidding....) "

Wow. I actually do intend to try to learn Japanese sometime in the future. I can already tell it's going to suck lol.

OK. The only question I bloody have is, did he tank a Bijuu Bomb. Since we didn't see the dynamics of the battle, nor did they insinuate he did, it matters very much so. It would also mean that it was contending with him in physical combat mostly since Bijuu Bombs are goto finishing moves for Bijuu.

No, it's not. At all. He fought him, no mention of Bijuu Bombing was mentioned even a little bit.

-_- When Naruto asks the the eight tails what caused the scar on the the Raikage's chest the eight tails wonders if it was a bijuudama implying that he did indeed use the bijuudama on the Raikage but was unsure if that was what caused the scar....

D555.010

Here you go. I know you don't really like me all that much and I can understand why. I was a jerk to ya. So sorry bout' the whole lee thing.

But you should trust me a litte more. Just saying....

I trust you, I just wanted the scan to confirm it. Looks in order. Yeah, he wins by a small margin, tankinga King Kong Gun might not be in his power, but, meh. He has the endurance and whatnot with fighting three armies of ninja.

Hmmmm alright. Although I do hope that there's no bad blood between us. I was a jerk to ya on the Lee thing but it was unintentional. I hope you understand.

I didn't never know you were a jerk. *Shrugs* If the facts are right, they are right. If you act like a dick because they are right then it means you're trying to compensate for something becuase you need to. Whether you had malicious intent on what you were saying or not, that's something you've got to deal with. It's up to you to understand what ends and begins that process.

Uhhhh I don't uuderstand what you just said. No one says I'm a jerk as far as I know.

Dude I was apologizing to you because on the Lee page I wasn't all that nice to you... I was just trying to get my point across that if any of my words offended you it was unintentional.

I simply have a habit of saying things like "Buhahahahahahaha" or "what the hell did I just read" from time to time. It doesn't mean anything and I simply say them on a whim....

I was saying that you are you, and what you perceive as you is you, so if you want to change yourself for the better look deep within yourself for answers.

Wait a minute, wait wait wait... Rubber Style, is a fusion of earth and fire release. The Earth release would have been weakened by the Hell Stab's current of electricity which so pulsatingly erects from the body to increase the effectiveness of the attack. Thus, it would weaken said Lava Releases earth element. Not only is it not truly Rubber, but Luffy's body isn't made from Earth Release either.

This means that his body wouldn't absorb the current of electricity as his entire body is made of MAGICAL rubber. Meaning that it's nature is different from the Lava Release Rubber Ball.

Thus, the Hell Stab would lose its effectiveness anyway (it was the entire reason it could pierce through Octopussies horns and tails in the first place. Meaning he loses the effectiveness of the electrical current that is used to potently increase the maximized piercing force of the Hell Stab in the first place as Lightning Release is known for its piercing and stunning effect. So it wouldn't work on him.

Back