• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ganondorf: 3 (MrKingOfNegativity, The real cal howard, KinkiestSins)

Cthulhu: 3 (ShootingKill, Dreaming Serpent, CuteLunaMoon)

Inconclusive: 0

Hm...

KO: I don't think this option applies to either one.

Death: Likewise. Cthulhu cannot die in a traditional sense, has spells that will make him outlast death itself, and is not some kind of flesh and blood being vulnerable to these sorts of things. Ganon is in a similar boat, where his physical form has become more just a way for his essence to interact with the world, as seen in BotW.

Incapacitation/BFR: This one could work. Hell, it's something that's worked on both before. The only problem is I have no idea if it actually would. Assuming the stars are right, then Cthulhu can supposedly travel from world to world at whim, and we already know he has trans-universal travel, so it's not like Ganon could try and seal him in the Dark Realm. Similarly, as we have no frame of reference for just how long it took Cthulhu to establish R'lyeh, we can't assume he can build some kind of non-euclidean prison around Ganon, mid-battle.

If this comes down to an actual brawl, that likely wouldn't lead anywhere, either. Cthulhu's body is just a meaningless shape he takes, and his true form is made of God knows what. Ganon has also gone well beyond the physical, but his regen takes a bit longer, unless he is willing to go into a berserk mode for more immediate access.

In short, I don't really see a consistent means of victory for either party that would either be foolproof or something the other could not escape/resist within the confines of the same battle.

Yeah...

I think I'm gonna take back what I said before. Switch me over to inconclusive for the moment.

^ At this point, i will keep my vote Ganondorf via occams razor. Although damn, forget type 4 resists Death hax. Point stands otherwise I think.

KinkiestSins said:
Ganondorf takes this low diff and brace yourself: Via BFR, Death Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Status Effect Inducement and likely higher ap.
BFR and sealing? Cthulhu and his race came from a completely different reality and travel from there to our universe so it probably might not work. Death manipulation? Cthulhu been stated multiple time that he can outlast death itself and his spells helps even more. Soul manipulation? His true form is hinted to reside in another (possibly higher) dimension and may not even have a soul in the first place. Status Effect Inducement? Ganon's status inducement is based around paralysis his opponents via stomping the ground (which won't work considering Cthulhu can fly) and making his opponents fat (doubt that he could make a monster literally the size of a mountain fat). Higher ap? Won't help if he can't kill his opponents and I don't see Ganondorf bypassing Cthulhu's unconventional composition, low-godly regen and the fact his true form is possibly residing in another dimension.

That said, Cthulhu's passive mindscrew won't work here, but what about his telepathy which can cover an entire universe? If it doesn't, then I might go for inconclusive as both can't kill each other. If it does, then I vote for Cthulhu for as soon as he realises his mindmash doesn't work on Ganondorf (he'll immediately realise just by knowing that Ganon didn't go insane looking at him) he'll use his telepathy to mindscrew him.

Shootingkill said:
KinkiestSins said:
Ganondorf takes this low diff and brace yourself: Via BFR, Death Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Status Effect Inducement and likely higher ap.
BFR and sealing? Cthulhu and his race came from a completely different reality and travel from there to our universe so it probably might not work. Death manipulation? Cthulhu been stated multiple time that he can outlast death itself and his spells helps even more. Soul manipulation? His true form is hinted to reside in another (possibly higher) dimension and may not even have a soul in the first place. Status Effect Inducement? Ganon's status inducement is based around paralysis his opponents via stomping the ground (which won't work considering Cthulhu can fly) and making his opponents fat (doubt that he could make a monster literally the size of a mountain fat). Higher ap? Won't help if he can't kill his opponents and I don't see Ganondorf bypassing Cthulhu's unconventional composition, low-godly regen and the fact his true form is possibly residing in another dimension.
That said, Cthulhu's passive mindscrew won't work here, but what about his telepathy which can cover an entire universe? If it doesn't, then I might go for inconclusive as both can't kill each other. If it does, then I vote for Cthulhu for as soon as he realises his mindmash doesn't work on Ganondorf (he'll immediately realise just by knowing that Ganon didn't go insane looking at him) he'll use his telepathy to mindscrew him.
I mean telepathy=mind manip isn't always true. From what I heard it usually just equates to omniscience in everything with a mind, and Ganon has lots of mind manip resistance.

Just as an FYI, telepathy = mind-reading, memory reading, mental location, mental communication, et cetera. It's rarely ever put on the same bus as "genuine" mind control and other offensive psychic powers of that nature.

But yeah. Sticking with inconclusive via what Azzy said.

Cthulhu should be a more mainstream character on this wiki.

Anyways, Inconclusive for reasons above.

I thought Cthulhu has some form of mind control and was able to control every sentient being in the universe, hence that's how he got some cult following him.

Shootingkill said:
I thought Cthulhu has some form of mind control and was able to control every sentient being in the universe, hence that's how he got some cult following him.
Ganondorf has mind manip Resistance, and for the last time, Telepathy does not equal mind control

The thing is, how much does Ganon's Power really extend is what I want to know. I get the irony of me saying this as a Zelda fan but I notice when we think of Hyrule we tend to think of the entire world when I feel like there's so much more out there yet to have been seen. Is there any indication that Ganon's Power extends anywhere beyond Hyrule if at all? I see very little indication of that.

Yes, he is the Chosen 'Evil' or Reincarnation of the Demon King Demise (God I hated Skyward Sword) while also channeling the Divine Power of Din but how much does that power really extend? I've never seen him benchpress a continent, nor was it ever shown that he could topple civilizations on his own. I would LIKE that a lot, as I feel like the Zelda series would benefit much more from a grandiose sense of scale and power but like I'm not convinced.

Again, I'm not trying to low-ball or be an idiot, I just don't know how much his power really extends to. My reasoning for voting for Cthulhu or a stalemate may be biased considering how Old the dude is and how it's implied he's conquered entire star systems in other media but it's more on me to go on. I love both franchises though so I can't really say I'm hoping for one to win over the other. Aside from the idea that Ganon can only be damaged by the Master Sword, what do you think is his most impressive feat?

Dreaming Serpent said:
The thing is, how much does Ganon's Power really extend is what I want to know. I get the irony of me saying this as a Zelda fan but I notice when we think of Hyrule we tend to think of the entire world when I feel like there's so much more out there yet to have been seen. Is there any indication that Ganon's Power extends anywhere beyond Hyrule if at all? I see very little indication of that.
Yes, he is the Chosen 'Evil' or Reincarnation of the Demon King Demise (God I hated Skyward Sword) while also channeling the Divine Power of Din but how much does that power really extend? I've never seen him benchpress a continent, nor was it ever shown that he could topple civilizations on his own. I would LIKE that a lot, as I feel like the Zelda series would benefit much more from a grandiose sense of scale and power but like I'm not convinced.

Again, I'm not trying to low-ball or be an idiot, I just don't know how much his power really extends to. My reasoning for voting for Cthulhu or a stalemate may be biased considering how Old the dude is and how it's implied he's conquered entire star systems in other media but it's more on me to go on. I love both franchises though so I can't really say I'm hoping for one to win over the other. Aside from the idea that Ganon can only be damaged by the Master Sword, what do you think is his most impressive feat?
Ganon's feat here is being more powerful than a guy who created a dimension with at least a sun, if not more

Yobobojojo said:
Dreaming Serpent said:

Ganon's feat here is being more powerful than a guy who created a dimension with at least a sun, if not more
I'd say Inconclusive is the best bet.

Yes but what about him is 4C is what I mean. If I sound moronic it's only because I am and that I don't see him leveling countries or beaming Link through the Sun Dragon Ball Z style.

So we're just basing it on implications right? Cause if that's the case I would like to know what we're considering canon or not. Island level is one thing but according to his profile his Triforce of Power would give him Star Level.

Where does that Star Level take place? Corrupting the Sacred Realm is his most impressive feat right?

Dreaming Serpent said:
Yes but what about him is 4C is what I mean. If I sound moronic it's only because I am and that I don't see him leveling countries or beaming Link through the Sun Dragon Ball Z style.
So we're just basing it on implications right? Cause if that's the case I would like to know what we're considering canon or not. Island level is one thing but according to his profile his Triforce of Power would give him Star Level.

Where does that Star Level take place? Corrupting the Sacred Realm is his most impressive feat right?
I think it actually comes from that and the Triforce being more powerful than demise.

So the Triforce is at least Star level and then by that logic what you're saying is since Ganondorf possesses 1/3rd of that Power, that designates him as Star Level? Which is somewhat appriopriate considering how much Zant was able to do with just a FRACTION of that power.

I'm sorry, I'm bad at this, am I kind in the ball park or have I lost my train of thought. I'm genuinely trying my best. Lol.

If this is the case then I guess I do understand.

Dreaming Serpent said:
So the Triforce is at least Star level and then by that logic what you're saying is since Ganondorf possesses 1/3rd of that Power, that designates him as Star Level? Which is somewhat appriopriate considering how much Zant was able to do with just a FRACTION of that power.
I'm sorry, I'm bad at this, am I kind in the ball park or have I lost my train of thought. I'm genuinely trying my best. Lol.

If this is the case then I guess I do understand.
Downfall Ganon has all three pieces

Yeah. Ganon owns the whole Triforce in the downfall timeline, which makes him logically surperior to Demise and Majora. Both have casually created dimensions with suns as a battlefield.

OOOOoooooooh!!! I see. So he's *practically* a God in Hyrule for whatever that's worth at this point. Okay, I seem to have dropped that idea in my head.

See I don't know how powerful he would be at that point but I imagine pretty damn strong, at least now i have a better idea.

Thank you for explaining to me.

Noahkaismith said:
Yeah. Ganon owns the whole Triforce in the downfall timeline, which makes him logically surperior to Demise and Majora. Both have casually created dimensions with suns as a battlefield.
How does he bypass low godly regen? Inconclusive.

Noahkaismith said:
What? Created Suns? What?!?! You mean that final boss fight in Skyward Sword wasn't an illusion? When?

But yeah, my money would still be on Cthulhu just because but I can make compromises and say inconclusive just because A. The series's are so different that match is almost freaking incompatable and B. Both character's powers are so vague in the canon to tell what the extent of their power is C. Their cosmologies don't seem to match up making this match confusing and D. Both canon's are difficult to distinguish at best.

If Downfall Ganon really is that strong then I guess it would go to him but this is highly based on implications, implications that you can then use for the Cthulhu Mythos in which Cthulhu would make Ganon eat shit. Canon is a Bitch.

So yeah.

Yobobojojo said:
Noahkaismith said:
How does he bypass low godly regen? Inconclusive.
Maybe he could with reality warping, mind manip, morality manip, soul manip, power null, possesion, or BFR?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Hm...
KO: I don't think this option applies to either one.

Death: Likewise. Cthulhu cannot die in a traditional sense, has spells that will make him outlast death itself, and is not some kind of flesh and blood being vulnerable to these sorts of things. Ganon is in a similar boat, where his physical form has become more just a way for his essence to interact with the world, as seen in BotW.

Incapacitation/BFR: This one could work. Hell, it's something that's worked on both before. The only problem is I have no idea if it actually would. Assuming the stars are right, then Cthulhu can supposedly travel from world to world at whim, and we already know he has trans-universal travel, so it's not like Ganon could try and seal him in the Dark Realm. Similarly, as we have no frame of reference for just how long it took Cthulhu to establish R'lyeh, we can't assume he can build some kind of non-euclidean prison around Ganon, mid-battle.

If this comes down to an actual brawl, that likely wouldn't lead anywhere, either. Cthulhu's body is just a meaningless shape he takes, and his true form is made of God knows what. Ganon has also gone well beyond the physical, but his regen takes a bit longer, unless he is willing to go into a berserk mode for more immediate access.

In short, I don't really see a consistent means of victory for either party that would either be foolproof or something the other could not escape/resist within the confines of the same battle.
Maybe, maybe not @Kai

First off, don't quote walls of text. Second of all, you're right, there's a chance it wouldn't work. But, he has more ways to get around Cthulhu's regen than vice versa.

Back