• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both have low-godly Regenerationn, but Ganondorf doesn't seem to have resistance to mindscrew, so the moment he looks at Cthulhu he goes insane. So I vote for Cthulhu.

Pretty sure that Ganon wouldn't be affected by Cthulhu's version of mindscrew, given the ToW, and residing in the Dark World, which Is supposed to be around as unnatural as Cthulhu's physical form.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure that Ganon wouldn't be affected by Cthulhu's version of mindscrew, given the ToW, and residing in the Dark World, which Is supposed to be around as unnatural as Cthulhu's physical form.
Does those even drive one insane to the point of killing themselves?

ToW is the piece that is imbued with the goddess of wisdom, and grants supernatural amounts of wisdom and intellect, so losing his mind while having that would be difficult. That was the point I was trying to make.

The Dark World, not so much. Then again, Ganon was stuck there for centuries, if not longer, in an unnatural form, while in a corrupted world formerly adorned by the Goddesses, and didn't go mad.

@Shootingkill:

Cthulhu's form doesn't actively drive people insane with some sort of innate powers. That isn't how it works with him.

The whole 'going insane' aspect of his form comes from people literally being unable to comprehend its complexities, due to the very nature of it breaking every known law of physics in existence.

If Ganon is able to comprehend something that unnatural, he should be safe from being mindmashed.

Late getting back here, but...

I'unno. I'm pretty sure one of the Triforce pieces grants him mental resistances of some kind, but I don't remember if it extends to telepathy.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Late getting back here, but...

I'unno. I'm pretty sure one of the Triforce pieces grants him mental resistances of some kind, but I don't remember if it extends to telepathy.
Can it resist mind manipulation on a planetary or even possibly universal scale?

Even if he can't what's stopping Ganondorf from doing something that can take out Cthulhu first?

Edit: Assuming we've agreed that Cthulhu's usual ace in the hole-- driving people mad by just looking at him-- won't work.

The full power of the Triforce is what gives this version of Ganon his tier, so I assume the powers granted by it would scale to that.

Adding to that, I'm not sure what's stopping him from just bodying Cthulhu with his more useful hax.

Well Cthulhu's body isn't made out of matter, instead it's made out of something from a completely different reality. Honestly, The only ability I think that Ganondorf could use to defeat it is BFR or seal him away. As for the rest I'm not so sure yet.

No set rule against bumping threads multiple times a day. Just an unspoken restriction agaisnt constant bumps every two hours or less.

It's not really a rule, so it doesn't bother anyone. Or at least it shouldn't. As long as you're not shoving it down our throats.

Really? Good to know...

I know you've both already contributed a lot to this one already but do either of you have an official vote?

IF Cthulhu's mindmashing nature doesn't work on Ganon, the latter pretty much outclasses him in terms of sheer versatility and powers. (We're talking a country mile here.) Some of his powers might not work due to the nature of the squidhead's bodily material, but I highly doubt such a thing would be true of every power Ganon has at his disposal.

Since I actually do have a feeling the mindmash is going to be a non-factor here, I'd say Ganon low-diffs. Maybe mid-diff, but probably low.

Including Expanded Universe, Cthulhu Stomps. Not including I believe Cthulhu would still win this, also based on the fact that he has less known weaknesses then Ganondorf who gets shafted by a kid.

He gets beaten by a kid because A) he's destined/fated to always be beaten by that specific kid and B) that kid has weapons and resources specifically tailored for defeating Ganon.

And that's supposed to warrant him being enough to be considered a Cosmic Threat? These are two different kinds of worlds we're talking about here so of course the rules are going to be different. But aside from other characters saying: "He's going to destroy the world guys" He doesn't really present any feats that would allow him to destroy the world. At best he can influence and acorrupt it and yes even if the kid is destined by fate to destroy the Gods, it shows that he's not beyond those properities. So my money is Ganon gets shafted. Maybe in Universe he's more of a major character (Obviously being the main antagonist of the franchise) but as a Cosmic Threat he doesn't put much onto the table.

As much as I feel like it's wanking to suggest that Ganon is this grand of an opponent, I will vote stalemate based on how somewhat underwhelming Cthulhu's feats were in his first apperance.

Dreaming Serpent said:
And that's supposed to warrant him being enough to be considered a Cosmic Threat? These are two different kinds of worlds we're talking about here so of course the rules are going to be different. But aside from other characters saying: "He's going to destroy the world guys" He doesn't really present any feats that would allow him to destroy the world. At best he can influence and acorrupt it and yes even if the kid is destined by fate to destroy the Gods, it shows that he's not beyond those properities. So my money is Ganon gets shafted. Maybe in Universe he's more of a major character (Obviously being the main antagonist of the franchise) but as a Cosmic Threat he doesn't put much onto the table.
As much as I feel like it's wanking to suggest that Ganon is this grand of an opponent, I will vote stalemate based on how somewhat underwhelming Cthulhu's feats were in his first apperance.
Make a crt.

Featwise, if you wanna go that route, Ganon stomps on Cthulhu, as he has a 5-C feat while Cthulhu is based on statements. Also, that downplay. Ganon is stronger with how he's currently tiered.

I will vote for Ganondorf just to make Cal happy lul.

In all seriousness

Cthulu Advantages

Better Reality Warping

Immortality...

that is about it, and the best part is just looking at their profiles you can make arguments to circumvent both

Better Reality Warping? Well, ap wise, Ganon is likely higher, and has so much more individual hax like death manipulation and soul manipulation that bypass durability that I believe this point in inconclusive. Sure, you can create a city and have it disobey the law of physics... but ganon can do many more things then create a city such as OHK and BFR. Plus Intagibility, Regen and Nigh-Invulnerability have the likeliedhood of killing him otherwise seems to me he can likely survive anything he does.

Ganondorf takes this low diff and brace yourself: Via BFR, Death Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Status Effect Inducement and likely higher ap.

Like, in all seriousness this looks like a hax stomp just comparing the profiles. How can Cthulhu win? I guess only Mind Screw, but even then, when you opponent can do all of the above, odds lean towards the guy with quantity over quality.

Back