• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cthulhu Revison

I feel like Cthulhu should be upgraded to Large Star level since its stated to have destroy stars, which sounds like referring to multiple stars rather than one star.

As for it's abilities, I believe we should add Non-Corporeal and possible Type 9 immortality as it is made of some form of plasma and it's true form is presumably in another plane of reality.

I honestly don't know how to ask people to reply here since this is my first time replying in this wiki.

So possibly Large Star level seems fine, but what about non-corporeal and possible type 9 immortality? I feel like at least non-corporeal should be added.

MasterOfArda said:
Plasma is not non-corporeal.
Not exactly plasma, just something similar to it. Plus it can shapeshift into solid,liquid and gas, which sounds like incorporeal to me.

So, just to be clear:

At least Star level, likely Large Star level (Implied to have destroyed stars before coming to earth, including, presumably, large ones: "I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why the great temporary stars of history had flared forth.")

Just "Likely Large Star level" should probably be fine.

I still believe Cthulhu should have non-corporeality. Here's why:

Unconventional Composition: Cthulhu's body is composed of an unknown material similar to plasma, it is described as "tenebrous", "slobberingly", "gelatinous", and "greasily", giving him an incorporeal quality, as such he is capable of withstanding solar heat, shapeshifting into the three states of matter: Solid, Gaseous and Liquid. The mere fact that this full physical form is (presumably) in another plane of reality make this body undying and virtually immortal.

@Ant

Sure. It can be added.

Anyway, despite this being an obvious joke, it's a good reason to post this little excerpt by Sandy Petersen.

"Now I must address the second issue. Because it is a notorious bee in my bonnet. In 1927, the most powerful technological device available to mankind was a steamship. The point of the final scene in Call of Cthulhu is NOT that a steamship can "take out" Cthulhu, but that humanity's mightiest device COULDN'T take out Cthulhu. He's undefeated. The results would have been the same if instead of a heavily-armored steam yacht, they'd rammed Cthulhu with the Bismarck instead.

I guess it's possible to claim that because the Alert got away, Cthulhu was thwarted. But Cthulhu LET the ship go - it only had like a half-mile head start, and if he'd REALLY wanted to sink the Alert, he could have caught up to it. Cthulhu can fly!

No doubt if HPL had written the Call of Cthulhu in 1946, it would have ended with Cthulhu surviving a nuke. In fact, Robert Bloch (mentored by HPL) did this exact same thing in his novel Strange Eons!
"

Here is Azathoth's reply from his message wall:

"Atlach-Nacha scales to Cthulhu.

Nug and Yeb should probably just have "At least -insert Cthulhu's tier-, likely/possibly 1-A"."

So, these changes can be performed.

Back