• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
So, Randolph Carter has 2-A durability. Which is fine and dandy, but the idea of Great Old Ones being infinitely weaker than a Dreamer seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Indeed, considering the fact that Randolph's Dreamer key can be harmed by local creatures such as the Moon Beats, that Great Ones should be far superior to them and that Great Old Ones should be far superior to the Great Ones, I think that Cthulhu and other Great Old Ones could be scaled to 2-A.

Alternatively, Randolph's feat is to be considered an outlier.

Yeah Cthulhu being 2-A would be the dream, but I'm not absolutely certain about this, given that I haven't read the book myself yet.

Well there aren't many feats for...most of the Mythos actually. But still, the main problem comes from upgrading multiples races out of scaling from a fodder.

Dream Carter was, by that point, actively under the the supervision of Nodens, so it's likely his durability was only that high from that point onwards. It mentions Nodens doing things like guiding him while the Horrors were chasing him through those collapsing and reforming universes, and then destroying them when they got too close. I don't think he has that level of durability without protection, since earlier he was drugged and captured by the Men of Leng (who are like...mildly superhuman, iirc) and the Moon Beasts.

@Azzy How about "Unknown on his own. Multiverse level+ with Noden's Protection"?

Back