• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cthulhu (Lovecraft) VS Link (Composite)

Hmm... Well Link has more solid feats in striking strength, and a LOT more durability related hax, but Cthulhu has Low-Godly Regenerationn and it's stated that damage to its physical form may be unable to truly harm it. However Link can damage intangible beings. Link also has resistance to Mind Manipulation, which would help him a lot here. However, I'm not sure Link has a way to destroy or seal away Cthulhu for a long time. I vote inconclusive.

I mean, Link can possibly resist mind screw long enough with his resistance to get off an Ancient Arrow or seal him in either the Master or Four Sword.

Well, the master sword has the power of the goddesses of the triforce

So i think it depends on their judge over Cthulhu

Cthulhu vs Link

Oh, this is tough.

Link has higher low end AP but Cthulhu probably destroyed large stars as he moved, maybe multiple at once, giving him a high end of Multi-Solar system level. At the same time Link has far higher striking strength.

The fight seems to come down to this:

Link

Striking strength
At least Large star level

Attack potency
At least Large star level

Cthulhu

Striking strength
At least Small country level, at most Large star Level

Attack potency
At least Star Level, at most Multi-Solar System Level

I think though, Cthulhu wins because of size.

Link can't actually destroy a star, he doesn't have that big of an area of effect. He probably couldn't bring his might to bear on the entire Cthulhu, and all he does would be regenerated. After enough time, he would go insane, and Cthulhu would wi

4-C/Star forms for both the OP said itself

So no Cthulhu don't have higher and since Link got upgraded ...

Also Cthulhu is only star level, likely higher

@Azzy

Would the Master Sword consider Cthulhu evil, though? Idk if it defines evil as in an "universal constant", or evil as in Link's interpretation of evil.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Anonimoe7875 said:
Also Cthulhu is only star level, likely higher
Admittedly 4-C is a pretty big lowball for implications of half of all stars being destroyed, but he's really freaking old so eh.
Wait! Half of ALL stars.

That's Multi-Solar system Level to Multi-Galaxy Level

Calling THAT a lowball would be lowballing it!

@Arda

Key words "but he's really freaking old so eh". Of course, even I agree that Star level is an outlier, but Cthulhu has the speed and the age to go around the universe popping a single star at a time until they are radically diminished.

Back