• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, I've never really seen a point to limiting the use of the Winter Mantel. From what we've seen of the books, it doesn't bump him up a tier or anything. I think I'm might vote Inconclusive here. Both seem to have a oneshot move that they are willing to pull off at the start. My only question is can Crowley's explody pointy move be blocked?

Also, if Dresden has the time to gather power, the Gravity magic is a oneshot too.

From what I remember, I don't really think it can be blocked with anything. Nobody has any forcefields in Supernatural IIRC, but the move effectively obliterates you from the inside, so I don't think such a thing would stop it unless it were specifically designed to intercept something similar.

I think I'll vote inconclusive actually.

Both have ways to instantly kill the other, and it's in character for both to do it.

Is there anything that Dresden can do against Crowley's Biokinesis? I mean Crowley can just make him vomit blood to death or something along those lines

Is there anything that Crowley can do against being flash frozen and shattered to pieces?

Like I said. Both have one-hit KOs

I don't know why Crowley doesn't have in-corporeal on his list of powers. All demons in Supernatural are in-corporeal unless they are possessing a vessel.

So if Crowley's vessel gets too damaged or he fears dying he could just leave his vessel and posses Dresden.

I very much doubt Crowley could possess Dresden.

Or if he isn't forced out immediately, he gets locked away in the back of Dresden's mind and over several years turns into a good guy and eventually sacrifices his existence to save Dresden's life.

And it's not like Dresden hasn't bound demons and spirits before. He summoned and contained the Erkling by sheer willpower.

The only thing I have to say to that is Lash was just a shadow of a Fallen Angel, and the Fallen can't force themselves on mortals. That whole temptation chestnut. I don't know what Crowley is or if he has to abide by similar rules, though it doesn't sound like it. And I'm not saying Dresden couldn't fight him, but that thing with the Erlking was kind of a fluke. I'm pretty sure The Erlking could have broken out at any time. You know, the Erlking humoring that funny little mortal.

You're mixing up Dresden defeating Erkling and Santa Claus during Cold Days (which was when they allowed themselves to be defeated), with Dresden binding Erkling during Dead Beat, which is when Erkling was actively trying to free himself so he could join the Wild Hunt.

I thought Erlking was only really bound by formality, like "You've summoned me mortal, what do you want. You've got like 10 seconds." Something like that, though I guess I could be mistakened.

Nah, the Erkling was being held in place by Dresden's willpower. He only broke free because Cowl or one of Kemmler's apprentices showed up.

Yes. He demonstrated the power of Super Strenght and Technological Manipulation while in true for. Attacking Dresden in True Form would harm him very much. He harmed a Weakened Amara. He could also possesess Dresden.

If all he's got in true form is super strength, technological manipulation and possession, Dresden banishes him back to hell or traps him in a pot pretty easily

Now mind you, I'm completely impartial here. But from my perspective, I don't see how "Dresden snaps his fingers and freezes Crowley" is somehow less likely to happen than "Crowley snaps his fingers and causes Dresden to explode".

Back