• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cross Canocity of Final Fantasy Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1828568#10

So we have a small thing here regarding IX, (which I am endlessly biased for)

And the idea is we rate Necrons universe destruction feat as not valid because he was going to destroy a crystal which would then destroy the universe. But Crystals in 3 and 5 brought all creation in final fantasy in general. And we also rate various games currently from other games.

IE: High 6-A 15 because of a statement from Ifrit in dissida saying he would bring the world to ash.

So..what is our standard regarding this?

III and V have absolutely nothing to do with IX. The mechanics of the Crystals are not multiversal constants that are identical in every game. The Crystal in XV is not like the one in IX, nor the four in I, the individual ones in Type-0, etc.

What one Crystal does in a game should have no impact in the others.

Then Exdeath should be downgraded. Plain and simple. If we accept that logic, all final fantasies are in their own verses and using sources from others is pure speculation at best.

The Everlasting said:
What the hell is your argument, honestly?
Easy. If you are arguing all final fantasies have nothing to do with eachother and you apply this logic. Then Exdeath is not 2-A because both of those sources are from another game. Ifrit is not High 6-A as well because you cant use one source from one game even if it is a 'broad statement'

Exdeath was going to destroy all of the universes in the FF Multiverse which is a real thing. Most of the Summons are the same from game to game with a few exceptions.

Crystals don't need to be identical to all games.

That's not what I'm arguing at all.

The Crystals in each game have no relation with each other with how they function. You can't bring up the Crystals in III and V and try to apply them to IX.

The crystal in IX has nothing to do with the other Final Fantasy, and Exdeath will not get downgraded.

Yeah... the Crystals don't act remotely alike between games.

In Final Fantasy I and III, they represent the elemental forces of the world.

In Final Fantasy IV, they were used to sow life on Earth and in the Underworld.

In Final Fantasy V, they're also the elemental forces but they were used to separate the original world into Worlds A and B.

There is no continuity between these crystals to justify scaling.

There is no continuity in final fantasy games in general from one to the other. This wiki treating them all the same for a few examples is personally ridiculous to me. But yeah, close this thread. Practicaly everyone commented, not gonna change minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back