• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crono vs Terra Branford

Sorry for the bump

Assuming Terra has her best equipment and is mastered in Espers, I think Terra will win with high difficulty.

Terra is slower, much slower. But that is the only thing Crono has over Terra.

Terra has far more hax. She can heavily weaken him with her Graviga spell, petrify him, poison him, drain his health away, and more.

Also the difference in power between the two seems larger than the difference in speed.

Overall I give Terra 6/10

Very and I mean VERY hard match to decide. I think Crono could possibly win if and only if he can outlast Terra's esper form. But I need to give this some thought.

Another important factor is what equipment does Crono have, since some of his equipment would probably make him immune to Terra's hax?

FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump
Assuming Terra has her best equipment and is mastered in Espers, I think Terra will win with high difficulty.

Terra has far more hax. She can heavily weaken him with her Graviga spell, petrify him, poison him, drain his health away, and more.

Also the difference in power between the two seems larger than the difference in speed.

Moon Armour could act as a counter for all of that though

Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump

The Moon armor would lesser her damage, but not nullify it. She is still vastly stronger.

FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump

The Moon armor would lesser her damage, but not nullify it. She is still vastly stronger.
It could nullify the hax effects though

Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump

No it does not, it just raises his magic defense

FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump

It protects against negative status effects, which would likely make a lot of Terra's hax useless

Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Sorry for the bump

It protects against negative status effects, which would likely make a lot of Terra's hax useless
A lot of Terra's attacks, like Gravity or X-Zone, ignore durability. So that is a null point.

Her Riot Blades blatantly ignore all defenses, so unless Crono can survive something like that I don't see him taking this. Not to mention the fact that Terra has an extreme range advantage despite Crono's signficant speed advantage (Being twice as fast as her and all)

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Likely Terra
Better hax, but is marginally weaker and a bit slower.

But stuff like Slow, Stop should even it out
She is much stronger

She fought Kefka and one of the three of the Warring Triad, that is enough to make her much stronger.

I should also point out that the Green Dream gives Crono a second chance should he die in battle, so if Crono is hit and killed by one of Terra's hax skills he can be revived and he would learn from his mistakes and see that skill coming.

Also he has a piece of equipment called the Third Eye, which increases evasion of party members. The cause of the Third Eye increasing evasion has been explained as giving the wearer the ability to see into the future, enabling them to predict an enemy's movements, coupled with his speed advantage does give Crono an advantage.

There are counters for the slow, stop hax as well. The Haste Helm keeps him in a constant state of Haste thorughout the battle and any attempts to remove that with slow or stop don't work, if I recall correctly.

With the following equipment: Dreamseeker, Haste Helm, Moon Armour, Green Dream/Third Eye, then he has a chance at winning

FanofRPGs said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Likely Terra
Better hax, but is marginally weaker and a bit slower.

But stuff like Slow, Stop should even it out
She is much stronger
She fought Kefka and one of the three of the Warring Triad, that is enough to make her much stronger.
Fairly sure Crono scales to Chrono Cross' meteor calc thing which was 325 yottatons

Yojimbo1989 said:
I should also point out that the Green Dream gives Crono a second chance should he die in battle, so if Crono is hit and killed by one of Terra's hax skills he can be revived and he would learn from his mistakes and see that skill coming.
Also he has a piece of equipment called the Third Eye, which increases evasion of party members. The cause of the Third Eye increasing evasion has been explained as giving the wearer the ability to see into the future, enabling them to predict an enemy's movements, coupled with his speed advantage does give Crono an advantage.

There are counters for the slow, stop hax as well. The Haste Helm keeps him in a constant state of Haste thorughout the battle and any attempts to remove that with slow or stop don't work, if I recall correctly.

With the following equipment: Dreamseeker, Haste Helm, Moon Armour, Green Dream/Third Eye, then he has a chance at winning
Terra has Rearaise, which is the same ability, if she is losing she uses that and she also gets a second chance, or in this case, a dozen second chances

FanofRPGs said:
Terra has Rearaise, which is the same ability, if she is losing she uses that and she also gets a second chance, or in this case, a dozen second chances
Reraise only works on other party members iirc. It wouldn't make sense for her to revive herself after being KOd. It wouldn't matter anyway, since she has much better mobility, AOE, and hax. Crono might have the speed advantage along with precog, but Terra has too many options to win the fight in one attack

He's got equipment that makes him immune to status effects, but none of the effects of some of Terra's haxier spells

Back