• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crocodile vs Slowking

Well, Slowking can use Rain Dance, but i don't know if it would be in character for Slowking to use it

I could do a separate profile for it... but i am already to busy with PKMN and PT profiles on this next month that i may as well don't do it

"Slowking undertakes research every day in an effort to solve the mysteries of the world. However, this Pokémon apparently forgets everything it has learned if the Shellder on its head comes off."

"Being bitten by Shellder gave it intelligence comparable to that of award-winning scientists."

"A poisonous bite reacted with its system, blessing it with the enhanced intellect of a genius. It has full control of its psychic powers."

"This Pokémon is so famed for its intellect that a proverb still persists in some regions: "When in doubt, ask Slowking.""

What does Crocodile start with? Slowking can use Nasty Plot to boost his AP, Curse to boost his AP and Dura at the cost of Speed, Amnesia to boost Dura, Growl to lower Crocodile's AP, Water Pulse and Water Gun are going to hurt and Slack Off to heal.

Crocodile usually starts with sucking all water in his enemy.

Afaik, yes. The only thing that being wet takes from him is the intangibility.

He shouldnt have the same range as if he were fighting in a dry environment. But yes.

Crocodile could still use his arsenal of sand even if he is wet, the only affected by being soaked is his intangibility like PaChi2 said. As long as Crocodile touch the water substance with his hands, he can easily absorb it with no effort.

As for Rain Dance, I don't know if that will be affected as it was heavily implied that Crocodile was able to hold back the rain from Alabasta.

Crocodile has two deadly weapons in his arsenal, his poisonous hook which can easily melt rock with a touch and his dehydration ability. If either of these hit Slowpoke, it will be hard for Slowpoke to recover from.

Slowking can use Nasty Plot to boost his AP, Curse to boost his AP and Dura at the cost of Speed, Amnesia to boost Dura, Growl to lower Crocodile's AP, Water Pulse and Water Gun are going to hurt and Slack Off to heal.

Idk if draining water from Slowking's body would work anyway given Slowking can just create water from itself with moves like Hydro Pump.

The real cal howard said:
Idk if draining water from Slowking's body would work anyway given Slowking can just create water from itself with moves like Hydro Pump.
Croc's dehydratation is really fast.

What stops Slowking with its smarts from telekinetically holding Mr. Sandman in place, preventing him from shapeshifting, spreading out, & approaching? Confusion & Psychic are both telekinetic attacks. (Also, neither of these characters have a justification for their Lifting Strengths, if that's relevant.)

Also, Disable & Swagger might be helpful, and what about Yawn to incapacitate?

Slowking also outranges, with "tens of kilometers with most attacks" versus Crocodile for... making sandstorms that cover cities? Isn't that Environmental Destruction? Still a range feat, but not a helpful long range offense.

Lastly, SBA says

Preparation time: None. That means there is no time between the character knowing there is going to be some battle and the point they may start killing each other. They are, in a single instant, transported to the battlefield from their everyday activities, equipped with their equipment, transformed to the character version they battle in and given the correct state of mind. In the same instant the battle starts and they may attack each other. They are assumed to not be surprised or disorientated from the sudden start.

Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_New_York_City

"The geography of New York City is characterized by its coastal position at the meeting of the Hudson River and the Atlantic Ocea in a naturally sheltered harbor."

Hey, how far is Central Park from the ocean? Does real world sea water affect Devil Fruit users the same as One Piece sea water?

That said, I doubt it's likely Slowking would try to chuck Crocodile into the ocean; It's a genius sure, but how would it know about it? I doubt Slowking has had enough time in the Real World to binge watch One Piece.

Would Crocodile be conceited/brave/foolish/sadistic enough to mention his weakness to what he might think is an animal?

Croc's sandstorm covered a city starting from a 5km plateau, so they start at 4km where both have the same range.

Sea water is sea water. There's nothing suggesting that OP Earth's water is somewhat different from RL water (except for the crazy weather that isn't a water property alone).

No, he won't say such a thing. He didn't say it to Luffy when Croc stabbed him. Luffy noticed that by himself.

But if it's in-character for Slowking to use Rain Dance, that'll null Croc's intangibility. He seems taking this battle more times than Crocodile, tbh. Croc could do lot of damage, but in this fight the rain handicap is too much for him and even without that the rest of the abilities might screw him.

For the record, Croc can simply put his hand on the floor and turn Central park into a desert.

Can I count your comments as votes?

Supposing Slowking observes that, couldn't it use its intelligence to connect the dots, & telekinetically move Crocodile off of the ground? (Supposing it feels it has reason to do so, like keeping the water around?)

Im not saying they cant. Im just giving some input. Im neutral here.

equalizing speed for this fight is kind of a problem, i mean slowking's whole gimmick is that hes slow but has moves that compensate for that. kind of defeats the purpose of this fight.

Back