• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crimson King should be 1-A

Since they both trancend an infinite dimensional structure i guess the upgrade is fine, though i would like more input from a member that is more knowledgable on Stephen King's work.

I thought that the Crimson King was situated at the top of the infinite-dimensional tower?

Antvasima said:
I thought that the Crimson King was situated at the top of the infinite-dimensional tower?
Him and Gan both transcend the tower. That's why Gan was 1-A, he is beyond an infinite dimensional multiverse. Crimson king should be the same.

Well, he was explicitly located at the top of the Tower and waiting for Roland, as far as I am aware. Was it ever mentioned that he transcends it?

Antvasima said:
Well, he was explicitly located at the top of the Tower and waiting for Roland, as far as I am aware. Was it ever mentioned that he transcends it?
"Yet suppose further. Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

The room Gan and Crimson King are in is "Above all of endless reality" and Dark Tower reality is infinite dimensional. Ergo, 1-A.

I will temporarily unlock the profile, so you can adjust it accordingly.

The Crimson King is trapped in a level of the tower far below the Godhead... Roland passes him on his way up.

"Come out Roland! Come out and face me one to one! Man to man! An eye for an eye, may it do ya!

I think not," Roland said, "for I have more work to do. A little more, even yet."

It was hist last word to the Crimson King. Although the lunatic screamed thoughts after him, he screamed in vain, for Roland never looked back. He had more stairs to climb and more rooms to investiagte on his way to the top." - The Dark Tower.

Hmm. I would appreciate further community input regarding this.

I'd figure I'd give my two cents here, from my research, The Crimson King isn't an aspect of Gan, but the Son of Arthur Eld and The Crimson Queen, The Crimson King's ultimate plan was to bring down The Dark Tower to bring about an event called Discordia where reality would unravel and in the ensuing chaos, he planned become king of reality and shape it into his image, so no, he isn't an aspect of Gan, not even related to Gan for that matter.

"Avatar" might be inappropriate. There are two(?) Crimson Kings, each of whom are both equally the Crimson King.

IIRC, there is a Crimson King imprisoned shortly below the very top of the tower. This Crimson King looked like an old man with red eyes, and was likely the original, as Los' (the red-robed CK) goal was to topple the tower, which was stated to "free him", likely referring to the other CK, who is imprisoned. The promise of CK's kingdom was also supposedly "a promise he made to himself", which would be quite literal.

However, I don't think the caged Crimson King should be 1-A. Rando Thoughtful saying this, "Big Red always was Gans crazy side." does not mean CK=Gan, especially since he is trapped within Gan's physical manifestation. If anything, he would be High 1-B for being trapped on the floor just below the top of the tower. Though even this is uncertain, as the same Crimson King is defeated by Roland and Patrick Danville when they use the Rose and Roland's blood to make an effigy/picture of the Crimson King and then erase it, banishing him to nonexistence (I think. It's vague).

I read somewhere that the story ended with the Crimson King sneaking up behind Roland, and pushing him off the top of the tower, leaving him to relive the Dark Tower story over and over again. Is this inaccurate?

Yes, at the end, at the last door, Gan pushed him through the final door, causing him to relive the Dark Tower story over again but with the Horn of Eld so he could simply enter the tower and meet Gan.

Okay. So Gan pushed him down, not the Crimson King.

Btw: I have read that the new film series will be a continuation of the story from the books, due to Roland possessing the Horn of Eld within it.

Anyway, Azathoth, do you think that the Crimson King profile needs to get better clarifications for the reasons for his High 1-B statistics?

Probably, yeah.

I'm also realizing now that it should likely be noted that the Old Ones' High 1-B abilities come from tech and are not inherent to the Old Ones, themselves. They were the previous inhabitants of All-World, and were basically hyper advanced humans who became so advanced they destroyed themselves via accidental creations of mutants and release of nuclear + chemical weapons.

Their tech could affect the entire structure of the tower. The Old Ones themselves were humans.

Okay. It would probably be good if you adjust both the Crimson King and Old Ones profiles then.

Back