• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creepypasta- Urban Legend or Fan Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, the difference is that those are stories in the public domain that have been outside of it at one point in their "lifespan".

Mr. Bambu world famous is a hefty exaggeration, from what I know, their popularity has notably decline.

Look, we technically can't say no to this, however, if we were to accept them, then their "original canon" is the only version we'll take.

So you're saying that if I ask a person from every country then no one will know what, say, Slender is? Not popularity; that's based off of how much people LIKE them. I mean how much people KNOW them.

I'll start contacting the more famous creators.

So, in light of the fact that you just said that you "can't say no" (loving the enthusiasm), could my Red page be reposted?

If I were to ask the average person who Zalgo is, do you honestly think they would even know?

This hasn't been accepted yet mind you, I rather not waste anyone's time if this is shut down.

Not sure about your Red page. As in who is Red (Unless this is PKMN Red) and why was it taken down.

SomebodyData said:
If I were to ask the average person who Zalgo is, do you honestly think they would even know?
This hasn't been accepted yet mind you, I rather not waste anyone's time if this is shut down.

Not sure about your Red page. As in who is Red (Unless this is PKMN Red) and why was it taken down.
Red is a Creepypasta character, hence why it was taken down...

Zalgo? Potentially not, he's a rather underground character (although the whole Zalgo Text Generator thing seems to be getting more popular).

But the same could be said about almost every character on this website. Do you think that if I asked almost anyoen who Tier Harribel is, even though she is a MAJOR character in her own fiction? How about Dai Gui, Iwatobi, Krizalid... so on and so forth. Three random pages, none of which I've ever heard of and I guarantee you more people know who Zalgo is than these gents, and yet they are on this wiki.

Your first two examples were bad, though I can see the other two.

Still, I'm not sure about having OCs, even popular ones. We might as well have Pepe the Frog as a page.

@Paulo Yes, that's Red. Might help to rename the article Red (Creepypasta) or something but... it took a decent amount of time to make said article and I'd like it restored.

SomebodyData said:
Your first two examples were bad, though I can see the other two.
Still, I'm not sure about having OCs, even popular ones. We might as well have Pepe the Frog as a page.
Every character is someone's OC. Without exception. That said, tell me, why does Slender, an icon of the horror genre and someone WHO MADE HIS OWN GENRE for that matter... why does he get classified to you as an "OC" when he has X amount of video games, movies, etc made about him?

Mr. Bambu said:
@Paulo Yes, that's Red. Might help to rename the article Red (Creepypasta) or something but... it took a decent amount of time to make said article and I'd like it restored.
I'll restore it if its allowed and give you the layout if it's not, dont worry your work isnt gone.

To add to that, Rake has his own game and movie, Candle Cove is the subject of at least one published book and I believe a television series, Red has a significant part in his own video game, Kaiju Combat... so tell me. What makes these lowly OCs and what makes the characters I listed any better?

As for the bad part... are they? Tier is a maybe, although she doesn't have huge following online it seems, and Da Gui doesn't even have a verse page and I've literally never heard of his show. Just a side note, but still.

Isn't RED from a Godzilla Creepypasta? I thinks this counts as a Godzilla OC, but there are some Creepypastas that aren't inspired on anything, Mr. Widemouth, The Rake, Zalgo, etc.

Yes, it has a basis but it was later advanced (once again, see Kaiju Combat). I suppose I can understand that one being dropped (goodbye, yesterday's work) but the rest of these being blocked is, and I'll say it, complete bullcrap (yeah, yeah, not swearing coz wikia wants us to be nice). It's just out and out bias against a fandom that gets kicked around when it does have good aspects to it.

Slender as far as I know isn't considered an OC as long as you make the page based on is canon.

@Paulo then this Red character definitely isn't getting a page.

SomebodyData said:
Slender as far as I know isn't considered an OC as long as you make the page based on is canon.
@Paulo then this Red character definitely isn't getting a page.
Slender had a page here before but Ant said it wasnt allowed

So, apparently RED was a Godzilla OC, but this "Kaiju Combat" thing decided to use it as a canon character in their franchise? I didn't knew that.

If I'm correct.. Red and Solomon are part of Kaiju Combat Franchise (have a story, stats, concept art etc) along with the Godzilla Franchise.

So it is canon for a Franchise it must have a page right?

That was my idea, yes. He started as a fan concept but was inundated as an official Kaiju Combat character, so he is canon under a single franchise.

Mr. Bambu said:
That was my idea, yes. He started as a fan concept but was inundated as an official Kaiju Combat character, so he is canon under a single franchise.
It seems fine, that he has a page ..but where it will be ?

I placed it as Creepypasta/Godzilla if I recall. Creepypasta could be replaced with Mythology and add characters as Urban Legend, though.

Mr. Bambu said:
I placed it as Creepypasta/Godzilla if I recall. Creepypasta could be replaced with Mythology and add characters as Urban Legend, though.
Modern Mythology seems right place.

Also I think a better name will be Urban Legend instead of Moder Mythology. IMO.

That would also work. Need to get it restored, then, if they can accept that Red actually has a place in canon.

@Weekly Yes, I agree, him or Azzy at least

@Paulo Yeah, the game has a variety of characters so after a long while it wouldn't be ridiculous to make a verse page for it.

I would prefer if non-notable fan creations do not get pages here, as it opens doors to a slippery slope of allowing anything whatsoever. There are already a joke characters wiki and a fan characters wiki for that sort of thing.

It may be too late to start deleting the SCP Foundation pages, given that they are quite popular, and our members have spent considerable time writing them, but I would much prefer that they should be an exception rather than a rule.

"Non-notable": That's fine, but that begs the question of what notable actually means. The RED creepypasta does have a large following and is noted as one of the top (and hardest worked on) stories.

Would it be possible to have a page only using Red's feats from Kaiju Combat? Would that be acceptable?

Well, again, if we continue to allow fan-characters, we will get an greater number of threads such as this one, demanding that we should allow increasingly obscure ones, along with youtube personalities, and internet memes. That is not the intended purpose of this wiki.

Antvasima said:
Well, again, if we continue to allow fan-characters, we will get an greater number of threads such as this one, demanding that we should allow increasingly obscure fan characters, youtube personalities, and internet memes. That is not the intended purpose of this wiki.
But you're calling a gener fan characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back