• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Coyote NEP Removal

Peppersalt43

They/Them
There hasn't been a Gunnerkrigg thread in a very long while and I just stumbled upon this verse by pure chance. Anyway, I got to the part on the scan for Coyote's NEP and I have doubts on it (It is listed as possibly after all). I think it should be replaced with Abstract Existence Type 1 and I shall explain why

After the scan where Coyote claims he doesn't exist, he elaborates on the manner of his existence. Essentially through a story about a dying man's fear of a coyote eating his corpse, a story is born. He then explains that humanity's habit of questioning things gives rise to certain entities including himself. And then the next two pages details on how the ether which Coyote is a part of is made of the minds of humans. If I recall correctly, being made out of thoughts should be enough for AE, right? Or is it just Incorporeality?

Also @ApiesDeathbyLazors was planning on a Low 1-C upgrade and Concept Manip upgrade someday so that's a third of it done from here. I'll continue it when I get to that part. We can have 3 CRTs in a verse at once after all

Agrees: 1
Disagrees: 0
Neutral: 0

Last edited:
I would agree with this. There's a panel where Annie and Jones talk about this "greatest secret" of his too. Even though Jones can empirically prove that Coyote didn't put the stars in the sky by existing before any being did, she says he's not lying by saying this. This is because the perceptions of his mythology make it his truth. Coyote is a being shaped by the thoughts of man. This is explained later on where the Ether is able to manifest the thoughts of man into reality, even making creatures like Coyote as if they always existed. Coyote is a pretty special being as his true form, his Etheric form, has unparalleled control over it. So in short, I'd again agree he qualifies more for AE Type 1 then NEP. He's a purely Etheric being with the Ether being an analog to Plato's World of Forms in Gunnerkrigg Court.

Last edited:
Back