• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could someone help me identify what speed this could be?

soulusboy

He/Him
I don't have any idea what speed this could potentially be, so any help identifying it is appreciated.

There is no timeframe from what I can see, so you would have to give it a best estimated timeframe, based on the pictures high-end 1 sec, mid-end 5 sec and low-end 10 sec. It states that she flew to the edge of space and to the other side of the world, assuming earth. A google search states that the edge of space is 80km above earths surface. Since she flew in arc pattern, we just find the length of it (The height would be earths radius plus 80km (edge of space) since otherwise she would flown through the earth if its height was only 80km. I hope that makes sense) For simplicity sakes, I will use a calculator and covert it to meters:

Distance Result= 20140946.515m

Now that distance is done, its time for the need for speed:

High:
20140946.515/1
= 20140946.515 m/s Sub-Rel+

Mid:
20140946.515/5
= 4028189.303 m/s Sub-Rel

Low:
20140946.515/10
= 2014094.6515 m/s Massively Hypersonic+

Note:
Like @The_Impress mentioned, there is no timeframe in the scans, so unless there is a better scan giving a timeframe, you would need to just assume.

I can go back and check the comic to see if I can find something to give a time frame. For now, however, sub-rel is consistent with an earlier feat she has where she keeps up briefly with first key Rogue. Thank you for your help and input.

After going back into the book I've found Betsy's starting point for this feat but idk if it helps narrow the time frame.

Should I simply list her flight speed as far higher?

...you can't assume a 10 second timeframe off nothing tho
The assumption comes from the feat taking place over one/two page. This is generally how speed is determined without a given timeframe. It done on many other calcs, unless this form of calcing has been banned or something?

Back