• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Antvasima said:
I am also fine with it, but we shouldn't scale other 4-B superheroes from the feat. Only the Phoenix Force hosts.
Well, what about heroes who directly scale to Phoenix Force Hosts, like Quasar (and by extension Captain Universe Spider-Man, who matched Quasar)?

Edit: And Binary Captain Marvel is superior to Quasar.

We probably have to consider them as typical Marvel outliers. They are not supposed to be far above Thor, Sentry, and similar characters.

@Antvasima True, but Base Thor has consistently been depicted as superior to Silver Surfer (with this even being confirmed by Loki) and able to hurt Starving Galactus onumerous occasions

Without use of the God Blast, mind you.

Sentry has a famous feat of fighting a (most likely) Starving Galactus (which has been confimed by Nate Grey, Spider-Ma, and even his Bio in the Marvel Handbook) and he has has been depicted as somewhat above Thor and Savage Hulk (but not World War Hulk) in sheer power. Sentry also defeated The Collective by himself, when just before, The Collective defeated Binary Captain Marvel

So Robert's Tier could be something like 4-A (Clashed with Starving Galactus and "fought him to a standstill" according to Spider-Man. Defeated The Collective, who was superior to Binary Captain Marvel. Slightly superior to Thor, who has clashed with Starving Galactus on numerous occasions)

I understand this affect a lot of scaling, but I would be willing to summerize revised justifications for many of the pages.

Jean Grey is a very special occasion when it comes to the Phoenix Force. 4A seems too weak for all the avatars.

Other feats from another thread:

Shivansh Garg said:

I think that any regular superheroes standing up to a weakened Galactus (which is what we should rename his statistics key to, as even the Thing has defeated a truly starving Galactus) without extraordinary means, should be considered as plot convenience outliers.

Similarly, Dormammu has effortlessly defeated a Phoenix Force avatar in a previous story. Marvel writers and editors are just being arrogant, lazy, incoherent, and irrational as usual, while blaming their poor plotting and logic on "pure imagination" or "modern myths". We need explicit feats for anything higher.

In any case, I will not allow any widespread upgrades to 4-A for Marvel characters, especially not without input from Matthew. Period. My apologies.

I suppose, although it should be noted that the consciousness of the Phoenix Force itself controlled Rachel during the fight and made her far more powerful than her usual level, so it may not be reliable to scale all hosts from this.

Maybe we should keep regular Phoenix hosts at 4-B after all, unless they have demonstrated higher feats, and change the "Starving Galactus" key to "Hungry Galactus" or "Weakened Galactus" to avoid misunderstandings?

Thing never defeated Galactus, it was Doctor Strange's spell that did. It's honestly hilarious if someone isn't aware of the context behind that incidence though

The Thing gave him the knockout blow. It doesn't matter that Doctor Strange severely distracted Galactus first.

Regular Hosts shouldn't be randomly upgraded to 4-A or 3-A or Low 2-C or whatever.

Dark Phoenix and other forms of Jean Grey Phoenix admittedly do have Universal feats and statements or even higher.

Scaling every Phoenix Avatar ever to Jean Grey is silly.

Thing knocked down Galactus whose mind was already shut down by Doctor Strange's spell as explicitly stated on panel. Ignoring what's blatantly stated wouldn't amount to anything

Okay. Never mind about that then, but is it fine if we upgrade the multiversal Phoenix Force to High 1-B by scaling from the other abstract entities.

Also, is it fine if we upgrade the Cosmic Cubes to "At least 2-C" based on overpowering Doctor Doom with Galactus' power and rendering universal Eternity catatonic?

@Shivansh

From what I remember, Doctor Strange simply turned Galactus extremely frightened, which the Thing and Mister Fantastic used to physically knock him out. This was very explicit.

@Matthew

Are you fine with if we change the "Starving Galactus" description to "Hungry Galactus" instead? Starving seems like an exaggeration, unless he is nearly dying from hunger.

@Antvasima Reed did said Galactus' mind shut down itself to escape the horror inflicted by Strange's spell

That is what was stated on panel and that is what matters

I have checked, and you may be correct. On the one hand The Thing gave the strike that seemed to knock Galactus unconscious, and on the other, Reed said afterwards that Galactus' mind likely shut down to protect itself:

https://***************.to/Comic/Fantastic-Four-1961/Issue-243?id=26942

Antvasima said:
I have checked, and you may be correct. On the one hand The Thing gave the strike that seemed to knock Galactus unconscious, and on the other, Reed said afterwards that Galactus' mind likely shut down to protect itself:

https://***************.to/Comic/Fantastic-Four-1961/Issue-243?id=26942
The Phoenix force is as strong as multi eternity, as it helped protect mutli eternity while it fused with galactus. Read Ultimates and Galactus' orgin story.

The Phoenix in Excalibur (which was generally where classic phoenix is portrayed) is WAY above omniversal threats

Antvasima said:
Okay. Never mind about that then, but is it fine if we upgrade the multiversal Phoenix Force to High 1-B by scaling from the other abstract entities.

Also, is it fine if we upgrade the Cosmic Cubes to "At least 2-C" based on overpowering Doctor Doom with Galactus' power and rendering universal Eternity catatonic?
I would appreciate if somebody could remind Matthew to comment here again. We need to solve this in order to proceed.

Back