• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... Let me show you guys some things i am referring to ( I am also going to put these on my FR respect thread to save them ) . Keep in mind their inferiority towards Celestial Level Beings are very consistent . A malfunctioning Cosmic Cube caused the following : destroyed multiverses like dominoes and Multiple Omniversal Planes [ all into oblivion/nothingness like it was nothing] , then was used to easily re-create the damage done . The following Cosmic Cube feats are very high-end . Also you have to remember In-Between never had a low-end feat, he was always treated like a Multi-Abstract whenever he had an appeareance, so they would arguably scale to the full extent of Multi-Abstracts. Based on context of the linked feat , it seems like ONE Cosmic Cube caused all of this to occur , and the scale of it completely ecplipses that of Post-Retcon Beyonder & Molecule Man, basically saying the totality of Marvel , until nothing was left of it . That's VERY high-end . Kubik also has a very similar feat , and he's much weaker than Molecule Man .

Not counting that : Spider-Man uses Cosmic Cube [ Post-Retcon Beyonder to re-create all of creation] & a Cosmic Cube threatens the Omniverse . Seems pretty consistent. There are only two lowballing feats, but they don't matter compared to all of these high-ends.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
.... Let me show you guys some things i am referring to ( I am also going to put these on my FR respect thread to save them ) . Keep in mind their inferiority towards Celestial Level Beings are very consistent . A malfunctioning Cosmic Cube caused the following : destroyed multiverses like dominoes and Multiple Omniversal Planes [ all into oblivion/nothingness like it was nothing] , then was used to easily re-create the damage done . The following Cosmic Cube feats are very high-end . Also you have to remember In-Between never had a low-end feat, he was always treated like a Multi-Abstract whenever he had an appeareance, so they would arguably scale to the full extent of Multi-Abstracts. Based on context of the linked feat , it seems like ONE Cosmic Cube caused all of this to occur , and the scale of it completely ecplipses that of Post-Retcon Beyonder & Molecule Man, basically saying the totality of Marvel , until nothing was left of it . That's VERY high-end . Kubik also has a very similar feat , and he's much weaker than Molecule Man .
Not counting that : Spider-Man uses Cosmic Cube [ Post-Retcon Beyonder to re-create all of creation] & a Cosmic Cube threatens the Omniverse . Seems pretty consistent. There are only two lowballing feats, but they don't matter compared to all of these high-ends.
Totally agree they are totally lowballed but doesnt the beyonder(inhuman one ) has his own page?

@The 2nd Existential Seed Hard to argue with that & presumably assuming that these multiverses are infinite, Cosmic Cube would be "Multiversal+" while for the IG, it would be "At least Multiversal+" since it was basically stated by Thanos that it gave him even more power than the Cosmic Cubes: https://m.imgur.com/ZgS1Ble

Also, I suggest adding these to Thanos profile for reference b/c I noticed there are some feats missing on his profile.

Respect Thanos: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3mln0t/respect_thanos_the_mad_titan/

Respect Infinity Gauntlet (Marvel Comics) (Thanos feats only): https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6yfmlr/respect_infinity_gauntlet_marvel_comics/

Respect Cosmic Cube (Marvel Comics): https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6wg1nb/respect_cosmic_cube_marvel_comics/

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Yet Thanos said once before it can challenge it...
I personally believe those who scale to IG are around High 1-B at their peak honestly.
Capable of challenging it =/= automatically have equal power.

Capable of challenging it = Being near equal . It always has been. Same instance as IG challenging God Doom . According to the scan, all Multiverses and Omniverses , everything and anything in reality was completely destroyed , until nothing is left. It would be 2-A if it was just ONE Multiverse. It qualifies for High 1-B due to everything being destroyed in reality, all Multiverses and Omniverses gone within a matter of moments, which would include just about anything in reality that has eve rbeen called a " Multiverse" or an "Omniverse" ... Just stop and think about it for a moment, it's much more than 2-A .

Regarding the first post, the first image is from a non-serious Deadpool issue, and the second from a Brian Bendis story. The writer in question does not care at all about power-scaling and once had Cyclops almost defeat Dormammu.

Marvel is insanely inconsistent, which is what makes it so hard to scale properly.

Also, regarding the Valiant/Marvel crossover scans, we try to not use such stories to scale from, as they are generally insanely inconsistent with the regular continuities. Considerably more so than usual in this case.

"Spider-Man and the Secret Wars" is not a part of continuity, any more than "Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet" or "Captain America and the Korvac Saga". We even have a rule about not using it to scale from.

In addition, it did not treat the Beyonder as a cosmic cube, as far as I am aware.

Also, handbook mentions of an "omniverse" are quite frankly ill-considered ******** hyperbole, given that the word means all of fiction and reality combined.

I think that I have asked both LuckyCharmingStar and The 2nd Existential Seed to stop creating these types of topics, as they are extremely tiresome to constantly deal with.

.... I only show evidence if I see it in a similar light. Most of this doesn't matter to me , if you guys go ahead and do this revision for the Cosmic Entities, Lucky and I wouldn't have to do all this. I know you are very hesistant... But it has been at least 2-3 months sine your discussion about the topic.. And I have the material and reasoning necessary to change the Cosmic Abstracts that scale to the IG and other things [ Not Eternity, Umar , or Dormammu... Those who are on IG's level and above ] , so don't assume I am not ready. I am constantly finding new material, and I will finish what Matthew started a while ago. And BTW, on a somewhat related note, saying he is the embodiment of the multiverse just because of one instance is terrible, when he was stated to not be limited to any multiverse twice .

Secondly, "Omniverse" is almost never used the way you describe it. Honestly, it seems more like an excuse you have under your belt to never use it. Marvel's God Tiers have great high ends if we stop being biased and look at all of them. Non-Canon or not, those are 5-7 high ends, against about 2 universal statements.

We are not going to upgrade the LT to 1-A, and even have a discussion rule against bringing up the subject.

I keep trying to explain to you and others that Marvel is completely inconsistent, and as such extremely hard to scale properly. We have to attempt to find what makes the most sense without you constantly attempting to interfere.

Mark Gruenwald was the one who originally came up with the word omniverse, and was a long-time prominent editor at Marvel before he died. The word either means the original definition, or is used in such an inconsistent manner that no conclusions can be drawn from it.

If you have useful scans, you can show them to Matthew, but make sure that they are very reliable, specific, and a part of regular continuity.

@Antvasima

We know that the multiverse is connected to one person. We also know that LT Transcend the multiverse. And we know that that the smallest portion of him embodies the multiverse so Lt can never be a fully multiverse. And he also bestride all dualities.

HOTU Thanos was repeatedly referenced by Jim Starlin within the main continuity.

We know that the previous LT explicitly used to embody the multiverse and the dualities within it. That is it. Even if he had transcended the dualities of time and space, it would still not warrant a 1-A rating. Also, again, it is a forbidden topic.

Well, I used to think like you did, and agree that Thanos only absorbed a universe, not a multiverse, but Matthew thought that it would be more appropriate to scale from also absorbing the Living Tribunal, since there was never any mention of M-Bodies.

I think we shoudl downgrade it and let it powerscale to Ig and cosmic cube. We know LT was in his true body when he fought with the Beyonders. But yeah do you remember that galactus story? No abstract had power above him . Lt M-Bodies aren't that strong some are Strong but some are weak also.

Yeah, Last Planet Standing had Galactus overpower the Living Tribunal and the other abstracts, which must be considered as a massive plot induced stupidity outlier, even if it was another timeline.

Ant is right, we should use the more consistent stories instead of ones that can cause contradictions.

Antvasima said:
Yeah, Last Planet Standing had Galactus overpower the Living Tribunal and the other abstracts, which must be considered as a massive plot induced stupidity outlier, even if it was another timeline.
Totally every abstract was killed by a solar system level while galactus survived.

Anyway, please stop repeatedly quoting others. It makes the thread harder to read.

Cosmic Cubes contain the power of an entire space-time continuum. They are Universal+ by their very definition, and are at the bottom of the Marvel Abstract Hierarchy.

And HOTU isn't non-canon. Multiple Handbook Entries directly mention it, and it has been referenced in sequel storylines by Jim Starlin such as The Infinity Finale, where upon meeting the One-Above-All, Thanos mentions that he once held a portion of His "Omni-Reality Powers".

Yes, agreed, but what do you think about the suggested rescaling of the item?

I think that it should be kept at Low 2-C.

@Lucky

Could you penrhaps start these types of topics in my wall from now on? I am willing to discuss it while Ant is tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back