• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Corri vs Shovel Knight

Hopefully we consider Shovel Knight's 16 Megatons end

Speed....doesn't need to be equalized, at least I don't think so, considering they scale from lightning, and the calc Corrin scales to is low end to make up for Shovel Knight's lack of calc, but I suppose I should hit the thread with that "equalized if necessary"

Shovel Knight has all of his equipment, and of course, Corrin has the flaming chainsaw sword Omega Yato and has access to staves

1. Intangibility only lasts for a short while, and he can't use it forever

2. Magnetism has literally only worked on treasure, and even if it did work on the Yato, he'd be sending a flaming chainsaw sword into him

I'm pretty sure Corrin can counter those with both Power Mimicry and Power Nullification. On top of having greater versatility with elemental manipulation, summons, curse, paralysis, ect.

Nohrian Trust needs an Ally

Silence would probably nullify Shovel Knight's relics, as they're magic based, but I don't know about Ichors being nulled

Any of Corrin's magic attacks will do nothing to Shovel Knight, as they're all 8-A, so Elements (Tomes) and Summons (Scrolls) are out of the picture

Well, Corrin can also use Dragon Veins if available is what is meant; can still cause diversions. And summons can still cause slight distractions. There's still Curse Manipulation, Healing, Damage Reduction, Statistics Reduction, ect. Still a good match but I'm still leaning for Corrin to have the advantage.

Dragon Ward is for an ally and Healing staves are for allies (with the exception of Dumpling Rod, which only has 3 uses and imo has a rather minor heal)

Although, Hexing Rod and Draconic Hex are still valid

Wasn't there a skill similar to Renewal in Fates? Or if not, does Corrin have an Elixir?

There are multiple Renewal-like skills, including Renewal, but going strictly by Nohr Prince/Princess to Nohr Noble and Hoshido Noble, Corrin doesn't get any

Phase Locket makes Shovel Knight intangible for a few seconds when he holds it out

Alchemy Coin attacks enemies by sliding across the ground, and if it kills, they turn into treasure

No, but it's not like Shovel Knight really can either and Omega Yato is the only 7-B weapon Corrin has

Vote Count:

Corrin: 7 (Xanzuss, TISSG, JSW, Edwelken, DarkDragon, Velox, Dargoo)

Shovel Knight: 1 (Rapid) (Although IDK if it was debunked)

Grace Period should begin, although if Rapid's vote doesn't count it is unanimous and can be added now.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Now i'm afraid using FE character,they so obscure.....
Ya got nothing on Paranatural and Mistborn. Been trying to get battles done for those two for months now, lol.

Intangibility is still a valid reason, unless Corrin being capable of hitting Non-Corporeals means he can hit Intangibles, of course

Also, I never voted, I'm the OP

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Intangibility is still a valid reason, unless Corrin being capable of hitting Non-Corporeals means he can hit Intangibles, of course

Also, I never voted, I'm the OP
Ah, shoot. With 7 votes total the grace period can begin, I guess.

Back