• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Corphish vs. Xenomorph

Gonna have to say the Xenomorph takes this. Come on, Acid in pokemon is described as a harsh acid, yet it for some reason has no effect on metal. Xenomorph acid does eat metal. I don't think Corphish is going to survive.

Praetorian captures Corphish and takes it to the nest to make a Pokémon Xenomorph, it has ambush advantage

Fight takes place in Central Park thanks to SBA so good luck hiding and Corpush can easily just heal to beat out the acid or attack from a distance. There goes the Xenomorph's only two advantages. Corpish has completely ridiculous varity in comparison and can easily just paralyze the alien before beating the hell out of it.

What ability does Corphish have? Hyper Cutter? Shell Armor? Adaptability?

Because Shell Armor will make it a bit harder to land a critical hit on Corphish, and Adaptability would basically double Corphish's power when using water type moves.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Because Shell Armor will make it a bit harder to land a critical hit on Corphish, and Adaptability would basically double Corphish's power when using water type moves.
That might make things step into more inconclusive territory imo. Pokemon can only have one ability at a time.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I didn't say anything about having multiple abilities. Hence why I asked which ability he has.
Well, considering what is given, we can only reasonably base Adaptability on game mechanics since it never appeared on outside media. Adaptability would give STAB moves a 33% AP boost (2x vs 1.5x). Shell armor prevents situational breaks through Corphish's defenses... The least useful ability is Hyper Cutter, which only prevents Corphish from having its offenses debuffed. Doesn't look like they'll change things much in the grand scale of things.

Xenomorph's Stealth Mastery allows it to sneak up on Corphish and his Vastly Superior Lifting Strength means Corphish gets pinned woth no Difficulty and murdered.

Corphish has much better range and self applied powers. The stat increases and stat drops will start flowing in.

Corphish likely has experience fighting things that fight like the Xenomorph, while the Xenomorph has no experience fighting anything like Corphish. It shouldn't have trouble reacting to its attacks with protect as a last resort.

Are egg moves allowed here? Because I'm looking at dragon dance and aqua jet.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Xenomorph's Stealth Mastery allows it to sneak up on Corphish and his Vastly Superior Lifting Strength means Corphish gets pinned woth no Difficulty and murdered.
SBA puts them in the middle of Central Park. How in the world is a Xenomorph supposed to sneak up on them in the middle of a wide open space.

GlaceonGamez471 said:
SauceSorcery said:
Are egg moves allowed here?
Pokemon by default are always allowed to have all egg moves alongside their naturally learned ones
Then my vote goes to Corphish via range, status inducements on both sides, especially dragon dance.

Back