• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Connie Maheswaran vs Isabel Guerra (Inconclusive Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because being able to identify a weakness, gives you the opportunity to exploit that weakness. It's like when a boss in a video game has a certain weakness, you don't necessarily have to exploit that weakness to win, but the ability to do so is always there for you.

Yeah, because her sword can durability negate most of their bodies, so nearly anywhere she hits will be effective; I still don't get how this proves she is good at finding weak spots.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Because being able to identify a weakness, gives you the opportunity to exploit that weakness. It's like when a boss in a video game has a certain weakness, you don't necessarily have to exploit that weakness to win, but the ability to do so is always there for you.
That's why I'm asking you to show where it was said that Connie is good at finding the opponent's weakness, because I don't remember that hapening since my memory is trash. Just link to the scene where they said that, because we can't assume that she is good at findind weak spots just because she fought opponents that have weak spots, when she never used those weak spots.

>Sword that ignores durability on gems

>has to find a weakness

What?

That and I don't see much of a weakness with "My attacks outrange you and can cover an area around me"

WeeklyBattles said:
the weak spot for a Gem is their Gemstone which connie's sword explicitly cannot damage so no, but she consistently goes for spots that will cause the most damage to an opponent such as direct bisection, impalement in vital spots, or decapitatio
Gems don't have vital spots.

You literally just said yourself, the one weak spot Gems have is something Connie can't even damage.

Not that it's relevant to the battle.

Ok, I thought of a better example, one thing Pearl said about her style of sword fighting was that it's about waiting for the perfect moment to strike, (right before she gets stabbed.) So looking for weaknesses would literally be engrained into Connie's training. (Since she was trained by Pearl) [[1]]

Look, Connie being able to find weaknesses and attack them within a melee range is great...

...if she was fighting someone who didn't abuse ranged energy attacks, has forcefields, and can swamp an area around her with paper that can restrain other 9-Bs.

Dargoo Faust said:
Look, Connie being able to find weaknesses and attack them within a melee range is great...

...if she was fighting someone who didn't abuse ranged energy attacks, has forcefields, and can swamp an area around her with paper that can restrain other 9-Bs.
1. Sword can deflect projectiles.

2. Has fought forcefield using enemies before. (Steven.)

3.I'm like 90% sure that unless she makes that paper really thick the sword can cut through it. Another thing I should ask, how many sword wielding enemies has Isabel fought before? Cause depending on the amount her Paper shields and restraints might not help her as much here.

(I'm also getting ninja'd real hard here so bear with my slow responses.)

Just because she fought someone who has forcefields, that doesn't mean she can bypass them; you have to show a scene of Connie finding a way around Steven's forcefield.

1. The projectiles don't interact with the physical world, they'd pass right through the sword and hit Connie unless her sword has hit ghosts or spirits before.

2. That... doesn't tell me how well she can get around forcefields. Link me somwhere she worked around Steven's Bubbles and defeated him in combat while he was in one.

3. She doesn't need to make it thick, by the time Connie's in-range her limbs would be restrained.

Also, I'm pulling the AP card now.

What's Connie's AP?

Connie - 6 (Chartate, Jackythejack, Jimboy, Cinnabar, Weekly, The Wright Way)

Isabel - 6 (Dargoo, Mr Bambu, Paulo, Antoniofer, Cropfist, GreyFang)

Well, if both sides hit seven, we'll do a grace for inconclusive and add it as such if no other votes come up in a day.

I'm gonna try to talk with someone to see what Connie's AP really is, 'cause I think it's much higher than what her profile lists.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also I don't see any response to Isabel being able to speedboost and blitz Connie. If she's pressed into a corner Eightfold could turn it on and at that point it's GG.
Speed equal

Chartate101 said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Also I don't see any response to Isabel being able to speedboost and blitz Connie. If she's pressed into a corner Eightfold could turn it on and at that point it's GG.
Speed equal
Speed Equalization doesn't count for speed boosts.

CinnabarManx421 said:
So... we don't seem to be getting any more votes. Should we call it inconclusive or just throw it out?
HA! You think it's been a while since you showed up? That large string of bumps further up? Yeah, there's a 5 day gap between each. get on my waiting level scrub

If you're curious though as to what we need to finish:

• For both to get one more vote each and then 24 hour grace
  • One of them to get 3 more votes and then 24 hour grace
  • Or 7 inconclusives (I'm actually not sure about that last one, I might be wrong)

I know, but it seems like we're beating a dead horse here. I'm not certain anyone else is gonna show up is all I'm saying. Though I am trying to revise Connie's AP right now so that might change some votes.

What happens when the paper gets cut? Does it still "work"? Because given Connie's combat training, she should be well equipped to just slice her way through the paper to get to Isabel.

I don't remember a specific moment with the paper being cut, but considering it tears itself out of a book, Connie could just be making more for herself to deal with.

Sir Ovens said:
What happens when the paper gets cut? Does it still "work"? Because given Connie's combat training, she should be well equipped to just slice her way through the paper to get to Isabel.
She would just produce more paper out of the, what, at least room-sized supply of paper she can bring out?

That and what Apies said, Isabel would just control both sides of whatever was ripped.

Isabel via paper swarm then. I don't see Connie being able to get past it without getting rid of the paper which she can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back