• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Connie Maheswaran vs Isabel Guerra (Inconclusive Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... actually vote for Isabel. Dargoo's reasoning is sound enough for me.

Isabel wins by paper kek.

Voting for Connie via superior training and some of the powers Isabel has (Afterimage Creation, Attacking spirits etc.) are things Connie has either seen before, or won't work against her. Although, how durable are Eightfold's shields? "Cause I'd think Connie's sword could easily cut through paper.

Connie - 4 (Chartate, Jackythejack, Jimboy, Cinnabar)

Isabel - 2 (Dargoo, Mr Bambu)

Hey, maybe in a year we could get an inconclusive.

>Attacking spirits

That would actually make Connie susceptible to Spectral energy attacks and make Isabel's win even more easy, given the massive amount of applications she can use that as (A cage, net, chains, bladed weapons, FORCEFIELDS, etc.)

Eightfold's sheilds were durable enough to restrain a spirit that gave Maxwell Puckett some trouble, so 9-B. It isn't just regular paper.

Skill wouldn't make much of a difference here. Connie isn't even going to get within range to attack most of the time.

Also I don't see any response to Isabel being able to speedboost and blitz Connie. If she's pressed into a corner Eightfold could turn it on and at that point it's GG.

I mean, Isabel has more useful powers and, according to Dargoo, AoE attacks. Both of them seems to have a decent amounts of training (not sure how deep was Isabel training), but as I can see only Connie's advantages is having a weapon and maybe enhanced reactions, but nothing beyond that.

Yeah, Isabel is trained in martial arts as well, if not moreso than Connie considering she's been training for years and is just as old as Connie.

Instinctive reaction isn't that helpful against AoE energy and paper attacks, and won't help against someone with forcefields that can no-sell attacks from something that could easily harm Max.

Where does it say she's been training for 'years'?

She started training like half-way into the show. How long has it been since Sworn to the Sword, or, if you want to really stretch it, since she met Steven?

It wasn't in mindful education when she started training, but her training isn't older than two years old iirc.

I'd imagine Isabel has been trained longer, then, considering she was raised in a dojo which her father owned, and trains there regularly.

And as I've said, skill isn't much of a factor here when a fighter has a large variety of ranged and area of effect attacks that can keep Connie out-of-range.

Quality > Quantity, Connie's training made her skilled enough to match warriors with thousands of years of combat experience

To be fair, most of the gems aren't good in combat besides few exceptions, most of them are simple brawlers lacking of any special tactic. She known how to fight agaisnt brawlers and swordmasters, but that isn't an advantage against... Karate? Not actual weakness against Connie, but neither an special advantage, if Isabel has trained years then both are even skill wise.

she matched Pearl and Topaz, Pearl herelf has that level of combat experience and Topaz is a soldier-class Gem

Antoniofer said:
To be fair, most of the gems aren't good in combat besides few exceptions, most of them are simple brawlers lacking of any special tactic. She known how to fight agaisnt brawlers and swordmasters, but that isn't an advantage against... Karate? Not actual weakness against Connie, but neither an special advantage, if Isabel has trained years then both are even skill wise.
Gems are considered to be the best warriors in the Universe. Do you really think that simple brawlers could conquer over 2 Solar Systems and build the greatest empire in the Universe? (That we know of. Looking at you Sneople.) Also, Connie clearly has some Hand-to-Hand training, as evidenced by when she judo-threw a kid over her shoulder. So gems most likely know cetain martial arts. But like Weekly said Quality>Quantity. Isabel may have been trained by her father, no disrespect to him, but Pearl is one of the greatest swordswomen who've ever lived and has well over 5,000 years of combat experience, she's infinetly a better teacher than Isabel's dad.

CinnabarManx421 said:
sabel may have been trained by her father, no disrespect to him, but Pearl is one of the greatest swordswomen who've ever lived and has well over 5,000 years of combat experience, she's infinetly a better teacher than Isabel's dad.
Cool.

Connie now beats Isabel in a close ranged fight that probably won't even happen.

Isabel surrounds herself with paper, pushes Connie off every time she gets close with a forcefeild, or just goes into Spirit Trance and blitzes Connie.

Like, look. I get skill is important, and I value it more than AP a lot of times. But skill is meaningless if your opponent can just keep you at a range and slap you around with AoE attacks you have no way of avoiding.

Connie - 6 (Chartate, Jackythejack, Jimboy, Cinnabar, Weekly, The Wright Way)

Isabel - 4 (Dargoo, Mr Bambu, Paulo, Antoniofer)

I really don't wanna discount any of the Connie votes cause I belive they do have merit, but I would like everyone to consider one thing. Connie winning is dependant on one factor and that's her seeing a weakness in Isabel's defense. It's not impossible but I think we all need to consider how likely it actually is. Personally, if I could vote, it'd be for Isabel.

Connie - 6 (Chartate, Jackythejack, Jimboy, Cinnabar, Weekly, The Wright Way)

Isabel - 5 (Dargoo, Mr Bambu, Paulo, Antoniofer, Cropfist)

And with that, Connie need 8 votes to win. Mabey that Incon will show up sooner then I thought.

I really don't wanna discount any of the Connie votes cause I belive they do have merit, but I would like everyone to consider one thing. Connie winning is dependant on one factor and that's her seeing a weakness in Isabel's defense. It's not impossible but I think we all need to consider how likely it actually is. Personally, if I could vote, it'd be for Isabel.

Well, if anyone could find a weakness it'd be Connie. She regularly fights gems and all gems's, well, gems, are a weak spot that she'd have to identify in battle. Also, Connie is very smart and battle-studied, so I wouldn't put it past her that she could find a weakness in Isabel's defenses.

the weak spot for a Gem is their Gemstone which connie's sword explicitly cannot damage so no, but she consistently goes for spots that will cause the most damage to an opponent such as direct bisection, impalement in vital spots, or decapitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back