• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conker vs Caleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Conker the squirrel
Caleb-e1412959895583

Both have names beginning with a C, both come from underrated cult classics, both are some of the greatest protagonists from M-rated games, both characters are badasses in their one unique ways, and most importantly, both are 9-A.

Speed is equalized

Caleb is allowed all of his weapons.

Conker will be restricted to one life, (Sorry, no infinite lives hax)

Who wins and why?

Conker the Squirrel - 0

Caleb - 1 (MrKingOfNegativity)

He spins his tail to slow down his fall usually, but his bat form, which he only transformed at Batula's castle, can fly via wings. And I don't quite remember his hypnosis ability, been a while since I played the game. But I'd assume his hypnoses ability is similar to that of someone like Bugs Bunny.

In that case, I think this is Caleb's match to win.

He's quite regularly fought gargoyles who fly using wings, and although the game's engine wasn't advanced enough at the time to really show off what their actual flight patterns would have been like, it's safe to assume that their mobility would be true to that of any other winged being. The advantage of flight won't matter much anyway once the Voodoo Dolls come out.

Other than that, I feel like Caleb's options are just more reliable to use in a fight. The hypnotising watch (Which I actually found a video of just now. Funny stuff) is a lot less usable in combat than Caleb's weapons and magic artifacts, and while only half of Caleb's weapons are 9-A, a great deal of Conker's more useful weapons are things our Chosen friend encounters on the daily. Shotguns, machineguns, swords, knives, fire weapons, explosives...I could be wrong, but from what I'm seeing on the squirrel's profile, he's seen it all before.

And actually, he has defenses for all of it as well. Body Armour protects him from physical stuff (especially bullets), Fire Armour makes fire/explosive weaponry almost moot against him, Reflective Shots will make any bullets and melee strikes damage Conker instead, and the Death Mask will allow him to simply walk through the squirrel's attacks for a limited time. Cloak of Invisibility is also going to give the little guy trouble if Caleb puts it on, especially since the Voodoo Dolls don't give off any muzzle flashes that would give away his location.

Add that to his hax weapons, better versatility and higher combat skill, and I'd say he takes this quite handily. Not necessarily in a stomp, mind you, but easily enough nonetheless.

Let's be real though, the true ending to this is that they go out, get a drink together and bond over showtunes.

Alright, vote counted. But I should note that Conker could summon a battle tank to fight, and I believe he's higher up in the 9-A department. Some of the bosses he fought might actually be higher than 9-A Great Mighty Poo might actually be 8-C, but his size should preferably be calc'd before making that judgement. And in close quarters combat, don't underestimate the holy frying pan; that beats Caleb's pitchfork.

There's also the fact that Conker technically defeated parodies of both the Terminator and the Xenomorph Queen.

Edit: I should probably add a good song to this thread.

Yeah, I'd probaby agree that Conker has better 9-A feats than Caleb does, and he's certainly not going to out-melee the squirrel at any point. But the man also managed to defeat Tchernobog, who's much more powerful than him and whose fire/explosive projectiles make the Napalm Launcher look downright pitiful. The latter was capable of outright disintegrating him with physical/melee contact regardless of any and all armor, and had extremely high resistance to his hax weapons. (In the fight proper, he outright walks through the Life Leech's attacks, and the "Death Wave" barely even fazes him no matter how many Voodoo Dolls you waste by repeatedly doing it) A tank would only remain an inconvenience until the moment Caleb decides to turn invisible or activate the Reflective Shots, and he carries enough napalm and dynamite that he can realistically put an end to such a vehicle if he absolutely needs to.

As far as close combat goes, Caleb doesn't even resort to melee all that much anyway, since he's much more proficient with guns and ranged weapons. He only pulls out the knife and pitchfork when he needs to save ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back