• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confusion with material projection Oryx

I have some small problems with material Oryx.

1. "Superior to Akka, Worm of Secrets in material form, who alongside 4 other Worm Gods moved 52 moons into a line"
^ This is referring to the syzygy, which is when the moons of Saturn realigned to create a flood genociding Saturn's people. This says Akka and the worm gods did it, but this isn't true.

"Our organs detect a fifty-third moon in orbit of Fundament. A Traveler. Divine presence of the Sky. Now we know what arranged the syzygy."

The worm gods here state the Traveler did this. This is consistent with the fact that the people of Saturn were evil; the Leviathan said this himself. The Traveler did this to wipe those evil people out.

2. "Vastly superior to someone who cut open a moon and killed everyone inside."
This was the Tai Emperor Raven who cut open a moon, yet the inside of the moon was hollow. Hive are known for going into the empty core of moons to survive.

"Auryx's failure of resolve led us to catastrophe. The Ammonite fleets under Chroma-Admiral Rafriit have pressed us back to the sixth moon. Once more we find ourselves burrowing into a world's core to survive."

The Tai Emperor Raven feat is found here:

"On the fifth pace, the Tai Emperor Raven comes home to her Bridge, and she cuts a moon with her talons, she cuts it open and kills its brood."

So definitely hollow, which would mean Tai Emperor Raven was merely dividing the surface of the moon.

3. "Comparable to Xivu Arath who blew up a moon on a whim."
This comes from here:

"Once, long ago, I killed Xivu Arath on her war moon, and she blew up the whole moon to kill with me her. She was laughing in joy. I laughed too. A whole moon! A whole moon. It was a waste of a moon, but it taught me how to save myself from exploding worlds, which was necessary to fight the Ecumene."

So this also killed Oryx. Note how this was just an entire moon, because it was unemployed for Hive to live within it. It also doesn't say how Xivu Arath destroyed it, so it could've been a number of reasons, mainly just hax. Just some small weird stuff, any input would be appreciated.

So what changes do you wish to make specifically?

Back