• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Condensing Natural Phenomena into one page

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
This entire section is problematic, as it uses Weapon format for stuff which are well not weapons
I should mention some of this like GRB 080916C and Halifax Explosion aren't even used anywhere on site so they just fill space while using an improper format

I think we should instead of having multiple pages for natural events we instead make a page in the vein of References for Common Feats where we list those events and what tier you get from causing and enduring them, with possibly what powers you get from causing them yourself

Also, policy revision threads should be placed in our staff forum, so I moved this discussion to there.

If all of the current natural phenomena pages are compressed into a single page, they would obviously all have to be turned into redirect links.

Last edited:
Hopefully i'm not wrong in talking here, but i wanna comment on something, since the page will also include tiers and powers in case you cause them and such, would it make sense to link it to the attack potency page as a note?

That's part of it yah
Anyways @Antvasima are you willing to make the draft or should someone else do it?

I'm just not fully sure about how to format the thing

That's part of it yah
Anyways @Antvasima are you willing to make the draft or should someone else do it?

I'm just not fully sure about how to format the thing
I unfortunately do not remotely have sufficient free time for the task.

@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings @Damage3245

Are any of you willing and able to handle it? Collaboration via a wiki sandbox format is obviously perfectly fine, if nobody has the free time to do all of the work themself.
If all of the current natural phenomena pages are compressed into a single page, they would obviously all have to be turned into redirect links.
Please remember this though.

First this.

Second: with so many natural phenomena discovered, is it truly beneficial to do so?

Like instead of quoting one certain volcano eruption, now we have natural_phenomenon#certain_volcano as the reference link.

Maybe we could do ranges for the phenoms?

Like say meteor strikes can range from smallest recorded meteor up to the current biggest one and noting noteworthy stuff that is used a lot like the one that killed the dinosaurs?

Well, I have sent out quite a lot of notifications recently, and am not sure who specifically that I should call for. Suggestions are welcome though.

Yes, but we need to apply the revision in practice at this point, and that requires some work.

Bump.

And my advice:

Make these natural phenomena into several pages (one for volcano eruption, one for meteor striking and crater formation, one for earthquakes etc) and include a calculation guideline for each natural phenomenon.

Back