• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conceptual Manipulation Clarifications/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
that doesnt even matter for high godly, high godly as it currently stands deals with regenerating from a state of erasure of mind, body, and soul with the inclusion of a fundamental aspect of the character's existence, a personal concept is still a fundamental aspect of a character, no matter what, until high godly as a whole gets redefined then it will still be high godly, and even if they could recover from the surrounding reality 1) they couldn't, if there is no foundation for a tower how could one be built 2) it wouldn't stop it from being high godly

A local concept of being being erased is not remotely as far-reaching as something defining the fundamental greater essence of reality, so I still disagree.

What do you think DontTalk?

It indeed is not remotely as far reaching as Type 1 or 2 concept erasure. However, it might be comparable to narrative, information or history erasure.
Personally, I would draw the line where one can conclusively say that someone with mid-godly regen definitely won't be able to come back from it, although that's just my opinion.

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types) needed for them to exist."
This seems fine to me, in any case.

It indeed is not remotely as far reaching as Type 1 or 2 concept erasure. However, it might be comparable to narrative, information or history erasure.
I don't thing it is anywhere close to narrative or plot erasure, history erasure is wateres down version of narrative/plot
Niw that talking about Information, now this ability have type, we should also note that regen from information type 2 is High Godly, i don't know avout type 1 though

i would rather it be

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only in some cases 3, if there is evidence of them being a fundamental enough aspect of a being's existence) needed for them to exist."

As it seems less restrictive and explains more what is needed for type 3 to qualify as its own thing rather than just being a watered-down version of the other two

Okay, so which version of the text should we use? Mine or deonment's?

As it seems less restrictive and explains more what is needed for type 3 to qualify as its own thing rather than just being a watered-down version of the other two
It doesn't really explain a lot, though. "Fundamental enough" sounds so vague that one can argue more or less any type 3 qualifies. If we go for that we will need to explain it.

The problem we need to remember is type 3 is a local, personal concept. So normally if a person or a local group get nuked, their personal/local concept also die with them, similar to soul or mind

So is it fine if I apply my version of the text then?

Maybe alter it slightly to explain what we mean with similar, so that Deonments concerns are addressed. Actually, information has types now, too, so we should add one there as well. Perhaps like:
The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist.

I completely forgot about this thread.
I think it's probably best to apply the change to the regeneration page now? Once that's done we can close this, as everything here is done.

I completely forgot about this thread.
I think it's probably best to apply the change to the regeneration page now? Once that's done we can close this, as everything here is done.
That seems fine to me as well. Feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back