• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conceptual absorption for Yhwach

I agree with this thread. Yhwach didn't just took on his name as a tittle like some sort of side effect for absorbing the Soul King. Yhwach himself makes it very clear in this page before he absorbs the Soul King himself:

0620-008.png
0620-009.png

The changes seem fine, but I would say to keep type 3 since it is currently accepted.

The name does not seems universal either like change the concept/properties of soul king to blue would not really affected the universe or reality, while changing let say the concept of the universe's color could affect the entire reality's color.

The changes seem fine, but I would say to keep type 3 since it is currently accepted.

The name does not seems universal either like change the concept/properties of soul king to blue would not really affected the universe or reality, while changing let say the concept of the universe's color could affect the entire reality's color.
While reio is a title and universal idea. It can be treated differently since it governs all reality.
Change reio to blue, it would affect all the reality as they won't have the concept in existence which would sustain all realities.

How is such case formated? Absorption (fundamental, concept)?

Last edited:

I disagree. Ichibei changed Yhwach's name to that of an Ant and his stats became that of an Ant crawling on the floor.

Yes, because he sustain the separation, doesn't mean he is a concept or something fundamental.

collapse≠can't exist

Is gravity, time, a concept type 2 ?

No, and those are more fundamental than him.
He sustains separation? More accurately he sustains garganta. Without reio space time won't exist. In other words space time is dependent on him, so he is more fundamental?

Reio is a idea. Most people don't even know he exists. Existence of his body doesn’t mean he can't be an idea. It's very clear realities can't exist without someone with title reio exists. Reio's birth itself was abnormal.

It depends on context. Collapsing means these realities won't exist. Soul society, real world, HM, garganta etc won't exist. Primordial world didn’t have the concept of death, progression etc. You can't say if concept of time even existed since everybody was immortal and reio created garganta. Without reio space times won't exist.
Gravity, time more fundamental than him- that's not really a point.

Can someone add this? We have agreement from 2 admins.

Whether it should be concept type 2 or 3, we can have that discussion in another thread. For now I'm fine with general formatting, cncept type 3.

He sustains separation? More accurately he sustains garganta. Without reio space time won't exist. In other words space time is dependent on him, so he is more fundamental?
That's not CM, just space-time manipulation.
Reio is a idea. Most people don't even know he exists. Existence of his body doesn’t mean he can't be an idea. It's very clear realities can't exist without someone with title reio exists.
sustaining the separation≠sustain reality.
Reio's birth itself was abnormal.
So?
You know how many fictional character share this.
It depends on context. Collapsing means these realities won't exist. Soul society, real world, HM, garganta etc won't exist.
All he did was separating the primordial world.
Primordial world didn’t have the concept of death, progression etc. You can't say if concept of time even existed since everybody was immortal and reio created garganta. Without reio space times won't exist.
This seems like CM. But it there isn't enough proof for death, time... being a concept.

You know more. I'm fine with it if an knowledgeable staff agree.

That's not CM, just space-time manipulation.

sustaining the separation≠sustain reality.

So?
You know how many fictional character share this.

All he did was separating the primordial world.

This seems like CM. But it there isn't enough proof for death, time... being a concept.

You know more. I'm fine with it if an knowledgeable staff agree.
That's not space time manipulation, that's concept of space-times existent being dependant on title "reio". From the description of primordial world, space time more likely didn’t even exist. He created it.

And they get AE 2,1 for that while reio doesn’t even have that on profile. So what's the point of comparison?

He did much much more than separation. He created, he destroyed, he altered, he's been maintaining etc. If you don't know just say you don't know. Also garganta is a higher dimensional space, higher dimensional timeline, vastly superior than standard uni+ models I will address these issues in detail when it's time.

Death is generally considered concept. It gets CM2 or CM3 depending on case. And time was very much implied to be a concept repeatedly.

Yeah, there are many important topics need to be touched. For now this should be added.
Absorption (fundamental, concept) whatever format it is.

Question: Doesn't the fact that all of the known candidates for Soul king are hybrids prove that the title alone doesn't grant any kind of power?
Not necessarily. Aizen can be soul king, mod souls can be soul king. And power alone doesn’t grant the abilities of soul king this part has been made explicitly clear.

Yhwach was a hybrid? I thought he was pure Quincy or are we having the Voldemort treatment with half-bloods?
Actually I was referring to the other Soul king candidates not Yhwach. With that said, considering that the Reio himself is a hybrid it would make sense for Yhwach to be one as well.

Not necessarily. Aizen can be soul king, mod souls can be soul king. And power alone doesn’t grant the abilities of soul king this part has been made explicitly clear.
That's exactly my point. The fact that all of the Soul king candidates are hybrid's implies that it's a prerequisite to being granted the title, which in turn would mean that if anyone who doesn't qualify were to be given the name then it wouldn't grant any kind of power regardless of how strong their soul is..

That's exactly my point. The fact that all of the Soul king candidates are hybrid's implies that it's a prerequisite to being granted the title, which in turn would mean that if anyone who doesn't qualify were to be given the name then it wouldn't grant any kind of power regardless of how strong their soul is..
You don't seem to understand what I said. Without being hybrid, someone still can be soul king and I gave you 2 example.

There wasn’t any kind of mention implying after given the name someone wouldn’t be able to function as reio.

Lastly you should stop derailing the thread. I already mentioned whether it's type 2 or not this should be discussed in another thread.

Actually I was referring to the other Soul king candidates not Yhwach. With that said, considering that the Reio himself is a hybrid it would make sense for Yhwach to be one as well.
If Yhwach is a hybrid then either there is no such thing as a "Quincy" which Yhwach calls himself one or the hybrid race is called Quincy. smh

Umm, we kind of concluded that Yhwach is a self-made hybrid.
But it doesn't really matter because absorbing the Soul King gave him the qualifications to be a Soul King candidate. His absorption is Biological, Energy, Soul & Power.

You don't seem to understand what I said. Without being hybrid, someone still can be soul king and I gave you 2 example.

There wasn’t any kind of mention implying after given the name someone wouldn’t be able to function as reio.

Lastly you should stop derailing the thread. I already mentioned whether it's type 2 or not this should be discussed in another thread.
Oh I do understand, it's just that you're examples don't really work since Aizen would already count as a hybrid after he merged with the Hogyoku, and the only mod soul known to qualify is Hikone which was made as a hybrid.

The context itself seems to imply it's a requirement, cause otherwise Ukitake(who merged with Mimihage),Rukia, Renji and Byakuya(who all undergone the same Royal guard training as Ichigo) would have been considered for the position as well.

Oh, I'm not derailing. In fact this question/assertion of mine is actually an expansion of the first counterargument made in this thread(which is that the title is tied to the power and not the other way around)in which I'm adding that only those who are compatible with the Reio's power (i.e. hybrids) could be given the title Soul king.

Last edited:
Oh I do understand, it's just that you're examples don't really work since Aizen would already count as a hybrid after he merged with the Hogyoku, and the only mod soul known to qualify is Hikone which was made as a hybrid.

The context itself seems to imply it's a requirement, cause otherwise Ukitake(who merged with Mimihage),Rukia, Renji and Byakuya(who all undergone the same Royal guard training as Ichigo) would have been considered for the position as well.

Oh, I'm not derailing. In fact this question/assertion of mine is actually an expansion of the first counterargument made in this thread(which is that the title is tied to the power and not the other way around)in which I'm adding that only those who are compatible with the Reio's power (i.e. hybrids) could be given the title Soul king.
You are not adding anything at all and just proving repeatedly you didn’t understand about the topic. And stop using misinformation.

Give us evidence aizen counts as hybrid. This is the first time I'm seeing this, unless we had missed something important like this. Hikone is not the only mod soul that can be turned into soul king. Actually we refer him as hybrid, not mod soul.

They didn’t go through same training. Ichigo had completely different training. Mimihagi temporarily acted as reio, did you miss that part. Mimihagi has it's own CM which is topic for another thread.

I already addressed someone doesn’t necessarily have to be hybrid to be a soul king, which was your issue. But you have not shown us that someone must be hybrid to take on that name, while nonhybrid can actually be soul king. You also didn't address someone can't function as reio after named as reio or attaining the title.

Oh you are definitely derailing. You are using not only misinformation, you are denying one of the basic takes of bleach. If you think names shouldn’t be concepts in bleach, make your own thread.

Back