• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conan vs Shion Remake (better neutral)

this is a remake of the conan edogawa vs shion thread (a neutral environment would be better for these two) (the reason for the remake is the original caused a lot of problems and too much advantage for either side depending on location)

Sonozaki's Profile

Conan's Profile

teenage shion vs conan

Both bloodlusted

win via death or incap

speed is equalized

this time they have knowledge of each other but no prep

neutral environment so they can use their powers at the fullest potential ( fight takes place in school. cover and hiding places)

Last edited:
I don't know about what kind of neutral environment it is but if it take place in open space then Conan have almost zero chance. Shion's aiming skills is a major problem and Conan literally cannot avoid that.

This will end up a stomp if you don't change the battlefield into something more reserved.

I don't know about what kind of neutral environment it is but if it take place in open space then Conan have almost zero chance. Shion's aiming skills is a major problem and Conan literally cannot avoid that.

This will end up a stomp if you don't change the battlefield into something more reserved.

can you give me a better environment. i meant neutral as in. some environment that makes it fair for both. (what environment can make it even the odds for both)

Wait, they are fighting in a single room? What stops Shion from out-right shooting Conan as her first move then?

Wait, they are fighting in a single room? What stops Shion from out-right shooting Conan as her first move then?

yeah that's why this match was revised. they use an entire room with some hiding places.

(also i made sure speed was equalized in this one. so that her attack speed and everything is equalized)

yeah that's why this match was revised. they use an entire room with some hiding places.

(also i made sure speed was equalized in this one. so that her attack speed and everything is equalized)
Can I get a better outlook on the type of hiding spots stuff like the material of the things they can hide behind etc

Something like a school would work because Conan have many places to hide and higher chance to plan his way out.

okay i'll make it a school. they can use the entire school

now who do you vote for now that speed is equalized, the location is a school, and they both have knowledge of each other.

while they're both bloodlusted.

they can also use incap instead of death.

so who wins james?

Oh in that case I think it would just be a straight gunfight probably, idk anything about Conan but if he’s as smart as people make him out to be then I would say he has a slight edge

catzaflame whats your opinion now that the fight takes place in a school with lots of hiding places/cover.

how about that as james says.

a school where they can use cover and hide. they can use the entire school. and they have knowledge of each other.

all of their speeds are equalized including attack speed.

The battlefield now place take in a school so Conan have better chance at this. I remember that Conan once aim dodging a sniper in a movie and have escaped being at gunpoint few times, there is many places to hide so he won't have to worry about getting shot at sight.

Both have knowledge on each other so Conan are aware of Shion mental state so he can use it against her by provoking her then lurking her into a trap. I don't know much about her character but going by the profile, i'd assuming that she's gonna underestimate him due to him being a child and this will grant Conan time to explore her mind and set up a plan. However, Shion are very good with guns and enhanced senses so it won't be easy.

I vote for Conan mid diff, he can found a way to defeat her due to able think more rational and his weapons can knocked her out instantly. Until a Higurashi supporters can debunk my argument, that is.

The battlefield now place take in a school so Conan have better chance at this. I remember that Conan once aim dodging a sniper in a movie and have escaped being at gunpoint few times, there is many places to hide so he won't have to worry about getting shot at sight.

Both have knowledge on each other so Conan are aware of Shion mental state so he can use it against her by provoking her then lurking her into a trap. I don't know much about her character but going by the profile, i'd assuming that she's gonna underestimate him due to him being a child and this will grant Conan time to explore her mind and set up a plan. However, Shion are very good with guns and enhanced senses so it won't be easy.

I vote for Conan mid diff, he can found a way to defeat her due to able think more rational and his weapons can knocked her out instantly. Until a Higurashi supporters can debunk my argument, that is.

1 vote for conan.

Disclaimer: I have not finished watching Case Closed and I don't know much about the manga, so my information will be coming from solely his profile.

Can you provide further context to Conan's aim dodging feats? preferably a video/scan. I agree that she won't have the ability to instantly shoot Conan on sight, because he does have a few hiding spots, but assuming Shion is armed with an AK-47, what hiding spots are there for Conan which could protect him from the weapon?

I disagree that Shion would underestimate Conan. They both have knowledge of each other. And while Conan is smarter than Shion of course, she isn't a bumbling idiot, but a careful, methodical killer, who has the clear advantage in both physical stats and martial arts, on top of her enhanced senses which would be used to find a young boy in an otherwise empty, quiet school.

Conan does have his tranquiliser darts, and I think his fight plan is to hide and snipe her with it, using his glasses to make sure he can see Shion and not opting to go for his running shoes as getting up close to Shion would be suicide. You don't do that to someone who not only has an Avtomat Kalashnikova but also enhanced senses to see you coming yesterday.

An AK's range effective firing range is 350m, compared to several metres with Conan's darts.

For these reasons, I believe Shion Sonozaki takes this.

1 vote for shion.

please keep in mind they're using the whole school and there are a ton of hiding places.

also conan has knowledge plus of her. but she has knowledge as well.
Disclaimer: I have not finished watching Case Closed and I don't know much about the manga, so my information will be coming from solely his profile.

Can you provide further context to Conan's aim dodging feats? preferably a video/scan. I agree that she won't have the ability to instantly shoot Conan on sight, because he does have a few hiding spots, but assuming Shion is armed with an AK-47, what hiding spots are there for Conan which could protect him from the weapon?

I disagree that Shion would underestimate Conan. They both have knowledge of each other. And while Conan is smarter than Shion of course, she isn't a bumbling idiot, but a careful, methodical killer, who has the clear advantage in both physical stats and martial arts, on top of her enhanced senses which would be used to find a young boy in an otherwise empty, quiet school.

Conan does have his tranquiliser darts, and I think his fight plan is to hide and snipe her with it, using his glasses to make sure he can see Shion and not opting to go for his running shoes as getting up close to Shion would be suicide. You don't do that to someone who not only has an Avtomat Kalashnikova but also enhanced senses to see you coming yesterday.

An AK's range effective firing range is 350m, compared to several metres with Conan's darts.

For these reasons, I believe Shion Sonozaki takes this.

also can shion deal with his durability? (it says his durability can be up to 9-B as well as his Ap or will that be negated by the ak's piercing damage?)

Back