• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, I'm going to start things off by saying that this is the first battle I make, so sorry if I make any mistakes. Anyway, here we go, even if this is a stomp one way or the other, it'll be an interesting thought experience.

The combatants are https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Composite_Human, who needs no introduction, and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Kilgrave_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe), who, if you're too lazy to read his page, can control anyone's actions by vocal commands.

Composite Human has no weaponry and no prep time, but he knows of Kilgrave's powers. Kilgrave has no knowledge of CH, but he's at his strongest, which means voice alone can give commands.

The battle starts at 20 meters of distance between the two. It's in Central Park. If it's allowed, then I would like to make it so that there are bystanders in the park, for Kilgrave to control. If not, then nobody is in the park as usual.

CH: 3

Kilgrave: 0

Highway to Incon: 0

Kilgrave
Composite Human 4545

Jackythejack said:
How do his powers work?
Mind Control: Kilgrave had the ability to control another person's mind through thoughts and verbal commands, thanks to a virus that he emits through micro particles in the air. However, Kilgrave himself must have been present for his commands to have an immediate effect; speaking over a phone did not enthrall his victim. Kilgrave's power also had a time limit of ten to twelve hours before his victim began to regain his will. Until the time limit was up, the victims would continue to follow Kilgrave's command unless he gave them a different order to follow. After Albert Thompson performed more experiments, he was able to extend Kilgrave's power to the distance of over a hundred feet and a time limit of 16 hours first, and then up to 24; later, Kilgrave demonstrated that he could control people by voice alone, without being present, when he took control of Metro-General Hospital and had everyone pursuing Jones to kill her

Instantly plugging the ears, as they've got knowledge on powers.

Aaaah, fair enough.

i mean if there are other people around like stated in the op, that could possibly be stopped by him having to defend himself.

Jackythejack said:
Aaaah, fair enough.
i mean if there are other people around like stated in the op, that could possibly be stopped by him having to defend himself.
Defend himself from what? None of them can hurt him.

Getting poked in the eyes? The sheer force of people who are going to try and pry his arms away from his ears? Someone can just grab a branch and poke him in the eyes or something, probably force him to defend himself. I feel like he wouldn't be able to keep his hands at his ears the whole fight and even if he hears like one command which could have just one word in it, he loses.

CH is way stronger than the average Human so they likely couldn't hold him down. Also, nothing stops CH from just, you know, moving away. Plus if he gets over 100 feet away from Kilgrave he won't even have to worry about it.

Superior strength can be overpowered by sheer numbers in real life, and firearms are legal in New York, so Tennant could end up finding someone who has a gun; OC could just leave the ares away tho, but he would have to come closer to attack due to standard melee range.

Also uuuuh...if he moved away from Kilgrave and just doesn't do anything else that's actually just self BFR right? It's literaly him leaving the battlefield.

I thought just walking away counter as a loss regardless of time? I've seen quite a few people argue that...

<Combined knowledge and strength of every human in history

<Using an army of normal humans to beat CH

Woah this blew up when I was gone. I mean it makes me happy but woah

I dunno, enough to be a threat, so I'd say ten.

What's the maximum amount of people a human has been able to defeat by themselves without using their hands? Legit asking, I don't know.

I'm sure you can defeat a few people without using your hands, but doing so while covering your ears is more than awkward.

Also if it's just enough to be a threat, I feel like ten may be a lowball.

I feel like running away and getting tape or earplugs is more likely than constantly tryna fight with ears plugged.

Either that or CH tears up his shirt and plugs his ears.

Assuming CH isn't literally naked.

That's not really how it works. You should see the sort of stuff high end earplugs/noise cancellation headphones can prevent you from hearing.

That's assuming he has them on his person, though, isn't it? It's never stated that he does and it'd be weird to assume he could just happen to have them on him yeah?

He has his hands on his person. Uses those for the interm, runs away, goes and gets the stuff he needs. CH can do that within a week so he doesn't get BFRed.

If that's the case Kilgrave can also probably follow yeah? I mean it's a possibility.

Though it also depends on what's faster. Shouting something as simple as freeze, or moving your hands up to cover your ears?

Well CH is all the athletes and parkour dudes so he should be more maneuverable.

Also by yelling really loud themselves, CH can block out other sound from really getting to them.

Imagine being in a vs thread where a strategy is to plug ones ears and run away screaming

Wokistan said:
Well CH is all the athletes and parkour dudes so he should be more maneuverable.
Also by yelling really loud themselves, CH can block out other sound from really getting to them.

Imagine being in a vs thread where a strategy is to plug ones ears and run away screaming
Yea, sounds about right. Vote CH.

Back