• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human Upgrade to 9-B with Muay Thai

Yeah, that's true. Still, the fact that human bones have like Street level to Street level+ durability and that CH has bones 8 times denser that normal humans should be enough to increase the durabilty to like Low Wall level at least

What are the chances of Staff deciding all the CH matches cannot be added and just not telling us?

A little off topic but I've been wondering. I swore I added the CH match to 076's profile... or maybe I didn't? **** if I remember.

PlzHalpMi said:
Yeah, that's true. Still, the fact that human bones have like Street level to Street level+ durability and that CH has bones 8 times denser that normal humans should be enough to increase the durabilty to like Low Wall level at least
The humans with street level+ durability are likely already several times above average bone density.

But yeah, if Composite Human gets to low wall level with superhuman combat speed and subsonic reactions... they're gonna be pretty hard to kill off. I mean, they're likely getting a buff from 1600 joules to around 3 kJ with that punch somebody here mentioned, maybe the true world record goes even further and there is a 9-C+ puncher somewhere...

Francis Ngannou is a great fighter but he does not have that high punching energy, that's UFC marketing. The people who did that calculation have pretty much no credentials. There's 3 random ass people (who apparently designed the machine used for testing) and two Cambridge (not even sure if this is the University?) "scientists" listed on the page as credits.

They use an arbitrary unit apparently designed in-house which they never expand on called the Franklin (f), which they never explain how they convert to J (80 units to 1 lbf is a fan estimate). There's literally no peer reviewed science behind any of the calculations they did for any fighter ever, leading to hilarious statements like semi-seriously comparing a fighter's punch with a moving car.

In contrast, Tyson (aka one of the most powerful punchers in the world - literally specialized in punching) only has a punch of 1600 J. Olympic boxers of all weight classes are all generally below that, with several well supported studies backing it up.

And honestly, it doesn't take 2000J to break bone. It takes maybe 1250 J to break a standard human femur, pretty much the thickest bone in your body. Durability is arguably higher though b/c we have multiple layers of muscle to protect the bone, the J listed above is for just the bone. So yeah Composite Human has a decent case for getting an upgrade to 9B durability.

We'll see about the AP though b/c my calculation for a roundhouse is still being evaluated.

XING06 said:
And honestly, it doesn't take 2000J to break bone. It takes maybe 1250 J to break a standard human femur, pretty much the thickest bone in your body.
Would be great if you could link the source to this.

Sure: Here it is: https://www.livescience.com/6040-brute-force-humans-punch.html

It's given in newtons (pretty much all boxing calculations are going to use force b/c that's honestly more important for low energy situations in terms of damage - eg. baseball bat has lower energy than a punch but much much higher force so it does far more damage). We can convert using Tyson's J calc as a reference and general knowledge of biomechanics. The force is applied for around a foot so we can convert to ft lbs then to J giving around 1220 J.

Again though note that a flexed muscle adds a lot to durabilty as many many martial artists can withstand powerful kicks to the thigh which they have as 9000 newtons. So durability is much much higher than bone alone suggests.

According to this article, breaking ordinary bones can go as high as 9.9 kilojoules depending upon the angle of attack.

This was done on the upper arm bone of a dead 56-year-old lady, BTW.

Most of the collagen fibers in your bones are traversely aligned to help increase compressive strength, which means that most force is actually generally applied with the orientation of fibers making them much easier to break with hitting.

9.9 kilojoules is when they're perpendicular so if someone smashed your bone from above then it would be immensely durable but line it up just right in a horizontal-diagonal slant and most of your bones will snap easily.

Our neck-breaking and spine-breaking calcs also used shear-based techniques instead of compressive strength. (WARNING: These calcs only apply if you crush them with grip strength, stomp them hard or you karate-chop/punch them).

I messed up in the post above so it actually was a shear strength test, but the issue is still the alignment of the fibers making them weaker in the direction you would normally get hit from b/c we're not designed for fighting.

Also, why are you using shear strength with a grip method? That's compressive strength. Stomping and hitting works though.

I used compressive strength to prove the reliability, but it would have its own calc, yes.

What would crushing necks yield, BTW? I do know that the compressive yield peaks out at 170 MPa.

Not sure actually? Also crushing is technically only indirectly aplicable to AP b/c it allows for slow activation of all your muscle groups unlike a standard attack where you don't have enough time to engage 100% of your muscle fibers, much the same as why we don't use lifting strength to calculate AP anymore.

However, crushing works at establishing a baseline AP b/c people have usually much higher AP than their crushing ability, as crushing uses only a few muscle groups in the arms as compared to the kinetic chain of the entire body.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Oh boy, I love running upgrades on myself
LOL, you still won't have anything changed in the wins/losses section and you're baseline 9-B and you still lose out to other 9-Bs that have precog, weakpoint exploitation or any other good hax at the very least. And you still fall victim to piercing damage to dem pesky peashooters hehehehehe.

Anyway, moving to topic.

Sadness

Although, I know some other stuff that composite human needs. We need to put down that he can bypass durability in various ways with prep

Also, I just realised. Wouldn't composite human technically always have intel since he has knowledge on every piece of fiction kek

Either way, other characters have Explosion Manip, Fire Manip and other types of Manip via weapons and also have dura neg via poisons, lasers and whatnot. CH should have them too.

Um, anyone can use them. I can use them. You can use them. It has to be standard equipment for its abilities to count as yours.

Presumably CH has access to any weapon or technology with its second key unless stated otherwise since it can use anything humans have made or know of, that's why it can technically go to mountain level AP with nukes.

Huh. In this case, how about a separate key in Powers and Abilities for all stuff they can get via prep time? Danmaku included.

Sadly I just found that Shogun Rua's kick force was from Sports Science, which is a terrible source and mostly just a hype machine for whatever fighter is big in MMA right now. Several of their results contradict well reviewed sources, which makes their findings highly suspect.

Anyway, due to this I went to dig up some more reliable sources, and I've recalced using a Livescience source and another study of 10 fighters. The roundhouse is sadly only around 11,000-13,000 J, not wall Level.

However, considering that several peak human can consistently take that, composite human should definitely be upgraded to 9B durability based on 8x stronger bones.

Sed

Well, we now know that CH having 9-B dura is undeniable.

Not to mention we have Street level+ tackles already, not to mention that you don't need to have bones with 8x higher density to survive them at all. With CH having a peak weight of 120 kg and a maximum speed of 13.2 m/s (The absolute max Usain Bolt could run at, and even rugby/Americal football players have no problems running that fast), CH would easily hit 10.4542 kJ and brush it off.

Ordinary humans have also been shot through windshields, destroying the whole thing completely, and have emergerd unharmed (In one instance, the guy only complained about being completely fatigued after the crash), which, according to a recent calc by Spino, hits over 9 kJ, which is Street level+.

That being said, CH should have Superhuman short-burst running speed.

Why superhuman short burst running speed? Usain Bolt's running speed is the metric we use for peak human speed, if Usain Bolt peaked at 13.2 m/s, then that should be the peak human limit.

But yeah, Composite Human should have 9-B durability and... 9-C punches and 9-C+ kicks? Also, how high would be their punching K.E? Really just 1600 J, or is the 3kJ+ upgrade happening?

Usain Bolt managed to keep that speed for less than a second. His average topped out at 12.51 m/s.

Combining Usain Bolt's speed with the heaviest/fattest human would have a KE that puts you into the 9-B.

still gets rekt by a 9-megajoule-level Assassin with precog in his 90s because prep-time apparently means nothing to him and he stomp dozens of martial artists at any given time regardless of their experience because thousands of books on a mindraping object alone written by him doesn't explain how the universe's darkest secrets came to be KEK

If you want true 9-B tackles, Connor is the way to go.

Hell no.

We must keep our CH as manly as possible, as close to the perfection of JoJo as possible UwU

I didn't notice this thread's existence. From what I can see, these 9000 and 7420┬▒3477 Newtons seem to be tightly closed with deceleration's nature because all these large forces were unlikely to be achieved by humans via accelerating. Also, these kinds of force are frequently measured by punching something, which likely leads to deceleration as well, so the preferred formula is deceleration * deceleration's distance, not deceleration * acceleration's distance. The problem is how you're going to measure deceleration's distance at such small ranges? I dunno :|
I am also not sure in which situations these methods can be applied.

2150 psi is gonna blow a skull to bits, period (That's how hard Drago punched in the end). You only need 520 psi to crush one.

Now, we can't use pressure but it gives us a rough estimate.

Also, Drago's calc dictates that he can punch at Subsonic speeds.

Either way, Wall level dura is still happening, so there's that.

Wait, so CH can punch at Street Level+?! If that's true, then CH will be a character that's entirely capable of brawling with low end 9-Bs!

Back