• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs. Shigeo Kageyama

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Don't know Mob well enough to write a story. Sorry.

Both at High 6-C. Cole without the RFI. Speed Equalized.

Question Mark Shigeo
vs.
Cole render
I thought this would be the end, that once Kessler and the Ray Sphere were gone, my life would go back to normal. But now I understand that this is my life. There's no going back. The gift of the powers will be my burden until the day I die.

>Speed Equalized

>Both are the same range of Mach

Wright ples

He's only regular sub rel for blitzing characters that are Mach 1770 and wow this disolved into instant regret fast

... I should get to the match

Schnee One said:
AP difference?
???% walking forward caused a 20 Megaton Earthquake while we all know the scalechain from Cole tanking a 28 Megaton impact at the beginning of the game

So Cole has an edge in that degree

That said, as per the fight

They both are pretty well equip for each other, Mob has forcefields to block electrical attacks and enough lifting strength to get out of bindings, while Cole has his own methods of not being ragdolled across the joint. Both are also pretty good at a range.

Cole would probably have an edge just with AP, but first Wright would have to correct my royal messup with not realizing Mob absolutely Blitzes people in Cole's range of speed (Also that the low end might not even be the accepted on)

Schnee One said:
Does Mob have a scaling chain behind him?
Cole has a massive one.
No, but the feat that he does is just him walking. He should be absurdly above it.

That put ???% Mob is probably going to be upgraded to High 6-C, so the version of Cole might need to be swapped.

He has an ambigious power level, which makes it all the more difficult. But apparently he could scale to Tats now so that might put an end to this match.

Actually, Cole has a High 6-C key so this match might not be dead if the revision goes through.

Funny thing is, I was actually thinking of doing Cole vs. Tats after this match concluded, although that'll probably be redundant after this is concluded.

I think that was done before? Probably not since my memory is bad but Cole might end up offed pretty easily... Definitely gonna participate in that though. I think Mob and Tats are different enough characters to have different results in their fights with Cole

I think Cole low diffed when it was done way back when

Now that both of them have been downed, could get something new.

Should I switch to High 6-C versions preemptively or should I wait for revisions to go through?

No, but the feat that he does is just him walking. He should be absurdly above It

Cole didn't even have access to his powers when he tanked the last

BoS Cole gets stomped by Sasha, who gets stomped by Alden, who is fodder to Kessler, who is weaker then David, who is equal to Comic Series Cole......

The scaling chain alone renders how casual it is kinda moot.

But yeah Gigh 6C? Tatsumaki it is.

I can't exactly agree with Sasha stomping Cole physically since that was more with mind control, but yeah there's definitely a scaling thing going on. Can't be sure that Alden is fodder to Kessler though.

Sasha absolutely dies stomp a Cole who hasn't even unlocked his powers.

Conduits become far superior after they've actually unlocked their powers

Cole, even before he unlocked his powers, tanked 28 megatons.

So, we have someone who scales absurdly above 28 megatons vs. someone who has an absurdly casual 26 megaton feat.

Seems pretty even to me, tbh.

I'm also not a big fan of the "scales above 28 megatons to the point where he practically acts like a low end 7-A in VS Matches agains other 7-Bs", as it makes the ratings pretty misleading, but that seems to be our system, I suppose.

That doesn't seem even to me at all.

26 megatons while Absurdly casual certainly doesn't put you near someone with as High of a scaling chain just by being extremely casual.

Schnee One said:
That doesn't seem even to me at all.

26 megatons while Absurdly casual certainly doesn't put you near someone with as High of a scaling chain just by being extremely casual.
He wasn't even actively attacking anyone and that was happening.

So yeah, I'd wager ???% actually trying to harm someone instead of standing and releasing 7-B levels of energy is pretty close to the scaling chain you detailed.

The calc was also a massive lowball; it could easily be a value at the higher end of 7-B or lower end of 7-A.

Cool, so its casual.

It does not put him on the level of Cole through how easily he did it.

If you want to be technical, an Early game Cole performed an 18 megaton feat on accident by walking around, and the scaling chain above still applies.

The virtue of being absurdly casual does not, at all, put you on the level of A guy who casually one shots A guy who is far superior to a Middle Game Cole who received 2 power boosts after defeating A gurl who is ridiculously above a literally 30 seconds into the game Cole who had no form of mastery over his powers and not even activating them, who not only survived 28 megaton explosion but created an 18 megaton storm with a thought

And as if that somehow wasn't enough, by SBA this is 7B Cole at his strongest, six months after he grew strong enough to defeat Kessler and has been boosting since,

So yeah, Shigeo is 26 megatons absurdly casually? So is Alden. And he's a joke to Cole by this point

Either way, Cole can't exactly get past ???% energy Absorbtion, so there's that.

Schnee One said:
So wait Kyle Mccarley can absorb attacks much stronger then himself?
What the hecc

Also, it's more of a "Over the course of this battle, I absorb your energy making you weaker" than a "you fire an attack at me and I absorb it all"

Kyle Mcarley is Mobs English dub actor, one of my personal favs

Cole does resist absorbtion I think, but I may need to check with Monkey

I don't think Cole oneshots to make that really valid though

Cole's definitely stronger, but I'm not sure it's to a degree where Shigeo would be properly overwhelmed

... If it's passive drain like that though, Cole was able to deal with David's trick, so, maybe this is just a simple firefight where one has a simple AP edge

To clarify are they fighting in New York or so? I just realized how much of a walking catastrophe ???% is and it might be impossible to get the power lines working again. Running out of energy would be a big issue for Cole.

There's also still the issue of ???% being able to trigger most of Cole's explosives from afar by sheer presence. But Lightning Storm is the key here.

Power lines are not the only source of electricity in a place like new York city of all places

Schnee One said:
So yeah, Shigeo is 26 megatons absurdly casually? So is Alden. And he's a joke to Cole by this point
You're simplifying the implications of the feat by just throwing "casual" around and not actually looking at the context of it.

Again, I point out the calc was the absolute minimum yield for the feat. Again, Mob wasn't actively fighting anyone or abusing powers. The full potential of ???% is never explored in the manga, and the entire crisis at Spice City was while Mob was actively trying to prevent it from slaughtering everyone. In an SBA situation where ???% is uninhibited by Mob, it would be so ridiculously above the feat that "Being superior to someone who oneshot X whatever tons" would be a lowball for what we're talking about.

On top of that Shigeo passively absorbs Cole's energy alongside quite literally everything around him.

So yeah, Cole and Shigeo should be around the same level.

And honestly going by this Cole/Shigeo should go into 7-A instead of being labelled as near basline when practically speaking they are far above it.

Most power is underground anyways, so Shigeo ripping the place apart would only give him more to work with.

DMUA said:
Most power is underground anyways, so Shigeo ripping the place apart would only give him more to work with.
Mob passively disables tech for kilometers around him, so Cole absorbing powerlines is a no-go.

Schnee One said:
Cole resists energy absorbtion from David Warner, so absorbing Coles energy wont fly.
Also, Minimum yield? You mean the low end?
As in, I used a 8.0 magnitude when the quake could have easily been considered somewhere in the 8.5~9.0 range considering large portions of the city near the epicenter were practically flattened.

Also Warner just absorbs neroelectricty, Mob absorbs practically any kind of energy.

Schnee One said:
Then why weren't those accepted?
Because it wasn't in the calc, for one.

I used 8.0 to play it safe, although I can update the calc with 8.5-9.0 ratings if needed.

Back