• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Good Cole vs Evil Cole vs Kessler.

The Saint, The Beast, and The Failure.

All at 7-B.

Speed Equalized.

Cole render
Evil Cole render

Vs.

PSASBR Cole Pre-Order Kessler

So right off the bat, Evil Cole has the AP advantage. While its unknown if this edge is 2x, it still there.

Now, I think Good Cole is the first to go. While homing rockets, anti-gravity waves and restraint grenades are impressive, Kessler resits gravity, and both he and Evil Cole can handle arc restraints with their own magnetic abilities and rockets can be reflected with shockwaves.

Evil Cole's multiplying grenades and rockets, both of which can spread numerous explosives with decent AoE will quickly overwhelm G. Cole. Normally, I would say that G. Cole can use shockwaves along with experience with multitasking to counter, but taking Kessler's own spammy tactics (clones, drones, mines), and E. Cole's experience with some of G. Cole's power set, G. Coles gonna have too much on his plate.

Now, its E. Cole vs Kessler. Now, canon dictates that G. Cole can beat Kessler when pushed far enough. Evil Cole is not only stronger, but far more ruthless and has spammy attacks to match Kessler's spam. Arc Lightning will be a pain for Kessler due to its homing effect and critical damage due to stacking with Sadistic Strike. Kessler has the experience advantage, but that's really it.

Overall, I see E. Cole coming out on top in the end due to explosive spam, ruthlessness and AP advantage.

Personally, I can see this matchup going a few ways. While yes, Monkey's scenario is possible, consider this: what if both Kessler and Cole prioritzed Evil Cole?

Think about it this way, Evil Cole is the most obvious threat in the battlefield.

1. His attacks are more damaging, which is something both Cole and Kessler would notice after getting hit a few times.

2. His AOE is comparatively massive.

3. He is utterly relentless.

Cole and Kessler would notice all of this and focus more on him as a result.

Cole would go toe to toe with his Evil Counterpart, being weaker but more precise helps with this, while Kessler plays interference. While Evil Cole is unloading everything on his goid counterpart, Kessler could sic drones on him, hit him with clones, take his feet out from under him, or just zap him while his back is turned. His superior speed would allow him to get in, land his hits, and get out while Good Cole capitalizes on the opening he was just given.

After that, it's Good Cole vs Kessler. And we already know how that ends.

On the other hand, Kessler could choose to stay out of it. He's more knowledgeable on his competition than anyone else here, so he'd likely figure he could just let them fight it out while he conserves his energy. Whenever one side gets an upper hand, he could dash in, land a hit in the winning party and dash out, making the fight much closer.

If this works, it'd be Kessler vs Good or Evil Cole. At that point, it'd depend on how good he was at wearing them down prior, so it could go either way.

However, it could backfire. Both Coles are smart, so they could probably catch on to what Kessler is doing and gang up on him. At that point, Kessler is double ******, so it comes down to Good Cole vs Evil Cole.

That fight would be.. interesting.....

Hmm.

I see E. Cole inadvertently working with Kessler rather than G. Cole and Kessler working together, or even E. Cole and G. Cole.

Kessler would view E. Cole as the most preferable outcome. He's strong, ruthless and dedicated to finishing the job through any means necessary. He's everything Kessler wanted Cole to be in canon. Kessler would view G. Cole as a failed project and would rather scrap him to get the better outcome.

While both Cole's hate Kessler with a passion, E. Cole has shown that he is willing to betray his own standards to win. Even if it kills him inside, E. Cole would totally be willing to work alongside Kessler temporarily to take out his other biggest threat. Or maybe even work with G. Cole to take down the target he hate's the most. I can see E. Cole working with a version of himself that views as weak and soft if it helps him reach his goals.

The way I see it, E. Cole definitely makes it to the finals.

If its Evil Cole vs Kessler, E. Cole wins FRA

If its Evil Cole vs Good Cole, I'm leaning towards incon. Despite the difference in AP, G. Cole has shown that he can cross the gap. And unlike the above scenario, he won't have to worry about Kessler taking pot shots at him, meaning he will only have to worry about E. Cole's spam. But, they both have knowledge of each other's basic abilities, and means to counter. So they're too evenly matched.

Well, yes and no to Kessler preferring Evil Cole over Good Cole. On the one hand, yes, Kessler berated Good Cole for not using the Ray Sphere. In the ither hand, Kessler also berated Evil Cole for trying to save Trish rather than the doctors.

It always seemed like Kessler preferred Good Cole on every choice, expect for activating the Ray Sphere. He even says that maybe Evil Cole "isn't a lost cause" after he activates it.

From Cole's perspective, it seems like a simple black/white choice of either destroying the Ray Sphere or using it to power himself up at the expense of more civilians. But from Kessler's perspective, it goes much deeper. To him, due to his knowledge of The Beast's coming and the true purpose of the Blast and Quarantine, the choice becomes one of whether the few lives of Empire City should be preserved in favor of the entire world facing destruction, because he refused to sacrifice their lives for the common good of being strong enough to face The Beast.

Literally every other good choice in the game is Cole sacrificing himself to protect the city at his expense. With the Ray Sphere, it becomes the needs of the many vs the needs of the few.

Hmm, you make good points

Based off that, I think its more likely that G. Cole and E. Cole team up than anything. Kessler may try to manipulate them to turn on each other, as he's shown to be pretty good at psychologically attacking his foes with prior knowledge, but I think that both Cole's hate Kessler more than they hate the other versions of themselves.

Back