• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Smiling under his panopy as he walked off with the device, Antony overheard conversation about Paige meeting with 3 new dwellers who had landed shortly after their conversation. Putting two and two together, he walked off to the restaurant Paige was it after asking a guard for directions.

"Soma's gonna get it," he muttered under his breath as he walked outside HQ.

Smiling under his panopy as he walked off with the device, Antony overheard conversation about Paige meeting with 3 new dwellers who had landed shortly after their conversation. Putting two and two together, he walked off to the restaurant Paige was it after asking a guard for directions.

"Soma's gonna get it," he muttered under his breath as he walked outside HQ.
Meanwhile....

As Soma arrived at Brisked Bear, he saw the same monsters from which the trio had escaped from.

"Haven't been here for a while..."

He said, as he remained in the air, seemingly unfazed by the number of these Drifters.

"Guess I gotta do Sam's favor and give these guys a funeral...."

(@Peppersalt43 y'know what to do)

The drifters stumbled about without a single care in the world, their spawning grounds undisturbed by the living. More of their brethren are floating up from the waters, still just as harmless and slow. Yet a few hours have passed and as quickly as they go dormant, they may go active again

Someone just needs to touch the water

The drifters stumbled about without a single care in the world, their spawning grounds undisturbed by the living. More of their brethren are floating up from the waters, still just as harmless and slow. Yet a few hours have passed and as quickly as they go dormant, they may go active again

Someone just needs to touch the water
Soma simply taps the water as he slowly descends down.

"Let's get this party started..."

Loud consecutive screeches filled the city as every drifter instantly pointed their attention at the trigger. Due to the already present drifters on land and more of them drifting to shore, a horrifying army of them began to run to the contraband user

But that wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Loud consecutive screeches filled the city as every drifter instantly pointed their attention at the trigger. Due to the already present drifters on land and more of them drifting to shore, a horrifying army of them began to run to the contraband user

But that wouldn't be a problem, would it?
As they rush towards him, they seem to be... stopped by some unknown force. It's as if they're trying to move only to come at a halt, like their body was moving in slow motion and then stopped.

With a single glance from Soma, the Drifters seemingly felt a powerful force crush them as they are flown back.

With a single glance from Soma, the Drifters seemingly felt a powerful force crush them as they are flown back.
Due to their nature however, there will never be a scarcity of drifters as more will always come

As quickly as this army was killed, another one is already running to his location

The restaurant didn't seem too far, and it took even less time to find where they were sitting once Tessa made it there. She abruptly took a seat at the table without any sort of introduction. "You called?" She paused and looked at the rest of the group. "Oh, hey guys. Welcome to the circus."

Soma wagged his finger and, in an instant, the incoming drifters were shredded to pieces.
This went on for a while with a giant pile of drifters forming near where Soma stood. Nobody knew where all this biomass came from and had their flesh been edible, there will never be a shortage of food again.

Unfortunately, that's not the case

The restaurant didn't seem too far, and it took even less time to find where they were sitting once Tessa made it there. She abruptly took a seat at the table without any sort of introduction. "You called?" She paused and looked at the rest of the group. "Oh, hey guys. Welcome to the circus."
"Yep. It's about the current report. Massive spike in activity because of these three..." she said.

"Ay, what did we do? We're just finding some food, damn bi-" Dene shouted, frustrated by her statement.

"Now now... We're not saying it's your fault. It's natural for these events to happen. I'm just surprised that the activity went that high..." she said.

This went on for a while with a giant pile of drifters forming near where Soma stood. Nobody knew where all this biomass came from and had their flesh been edible, there will never be a shortage of food again.

Unfortunately, that's not the case
He slowly floated up, like 3 meters off the ground, seemingly glaring at them with such mockery.
(My man turned on the cheat codes and started going to work.)
(I mean, I gotta prove that he's the strongest. But after this, no more action for Soma since he's gonna get nerfed... A LOT)

"Now now... We're not saying it's your fault. It's natural for these events to happen. I'm just surprised that the activity went that high..." she said
"That's worrying, if the activity grows, could it be that they are multiplying?" Noah said, she was confused herself sometimes it surprises her how much waterboarders they are.

"Now now... We're not saying it's your fault. It's natural for these events to happen. I'm just surprised that the activity went that high..." she said.
"I'm not surprised at all ever since the Waterboarders showed up and destroyed the world I've been watching as shit just gets worse and worse with no end in sight although now that I know there's a community as big as this, I guess society is finally putting itself back together." said Rizzuto.
He slowly floated up, like 3 meters off the ground, seemingly glaring at them with such mockery.

(I mean, I gotta prove that he's the strongest. But after this, no more action for Soma since he's gonna get nerfed... A LOT)
(Damn is he goanna get the accelerator treatment.)

(Soma will survive this if he's as broken as you claim)

Yet in this moment of high, he failed to realize the oddity of all these drifters attacking from just one place, one direction, and only one pile of corpses. It's not impossible, they do have specific spawning grounds.

But sometimes things are just too good to be through.

In an instant, he felt a slight pain in his neck, followed by wetness and a light gust on his shoulder. A bloody hand floated near his neck and he instantly knew what had happened.

"Useless Useless~" the SightBreaker taunted.

"Yep. It's about the current report. Massive spike in activity because of these three..." she said.

"Ay, what did we do? We're just finding some food, damn bi-" Dene shouted, frustrated by her statement.
"Hey, give yourself some credit. International crisis is no easy feat." She said in a teasing manner. "In all seriousness, things could've been worse. Take a step outside of the borders and Waterboarders are relentless. You're pretty lucky to have found someone to get you out of there."

"That's worrying, if the activity grows, could it be that they are multiplying?" Noah said, she was confused herself sometimes it surprises her how much waterboarders they are.
"Without a doubt." Tessa said. "We've scratched the surface but still so many are in hiding, posing as survivors. Then you take reproduction into account and by then numbers are just too expansive...You kill one, two more are hiding in the water...you start questioning if you've even made a dent..." She said in a far more grave tone. "But, with contraband production at an all-time high and more survivors being found by the day, nothing is insurmountable."

"Yes, one day we will be able to turn the matter around and survive to redo civilization to its former glory" Noah said somewhat uncomfortable, he felt bad, it would be a good time for the food to arrive

"Hey, give yourself some credit. International crisis is no easy feat." She said in a teasing manner. "In all seriousness, things could've been worse. Take a step outside of the borders and Waterboarders are relentless. You're pretty lucky to have found someone to get you out of there."
"I guess we just got a stroke of good luck", Dene said, as he shrugged.
"Without a doubt." Tessa said. "We've scratched the surface but still so many are in hiding, posing as survivors. Then you take reproduction into account and by then numbers are just too expansive...You kill one, two more are hiding in the water...you start questioning if you've even made a dent..." She said in a far more grave tone. "But, with contraband production at an all-time high and more survivors being found by the day, nothing is insurmountable."
"I agree.." Paige said, sounding slightly more serious. "However, knowing the Propagandists, they'll use that to their advantage. Unlike us, they've got nothing to lose."
Yet in this moment of high, he failed to realize the oddity of all these drifters attacking from just one place, one direction, and only one pile of corpses. It's not impossible, they do have specific spawning grounds.

But sometimes things are just too good to be through.

In an instant, he felt a slight pain in his neck, followed by wetness and a light gust on his shoulder. A bloody hand floated near his neck and he instantly knew what had happened.
Soma chuckled, launching an omnidirectional attack that seemingly repelled the surrounding area.
"Useless Useless~" the SightBreaker taunted.
"Describing yourself now, huh?" he said.

He snaps his fingers, which doesn't do anything at first. But in a flash, ruined buildings start to converge as they gather around and form giant rock clusters. In a moment, the SightBreaker found itself trapped in the rocks, impaled as the attack seem to happen instantaneously.

Soma chuckled, launching an omnidirectional attack that seemingly repelled the surrounding area.
"Describing yourself now, huh?" he said.

He snaps his fingers, which doesn't do anything at first. But in a flash, ruined buildings start to converge as they gather around and form giant rock clusters. In a moment, the SightBreaker found itself trapped in the rocks, impaled as the attack seem to happen instantaneously.
(Um, I don't know if that's necessary. Plus how is he talking with a bleeding neck?)

As the food arrived, the sound of the siren blared across the whole city, putting everything on lockdown.

"Speak of the shittin' devil, what's going on?" Dene exclaimed, a mix of happiness that his food is here and anger that something was going wrong.

"Must be them then.... Tessa, contact Sam and all available units in Division Seraphim, we've got an intruder!" Paige said, turning on her transmitter.

"Calling off all units, the front gate is being attacked. I repeat the front gate is being attacked."

(@LaserPrecision it's time)

Noah didn't care and continued to eat, she really needed to eat in case it was her last dinner, plus curiosity was killing her.

she took a piece of pizza and carefully brought it to her mouth

The girl's eyes widen slightly.

This pizza was good. She quickly finished her slice and grabbed another and she finished that one too.

She continued until she reached her eighth slice

"Well I did my part, I should probably get going-" They stood up, several kilometers away from the base hiding in some bushes. Though they were immediately stopped by someone with a tall frame. They looked up at them.
"Need something...?"

"You're work here isn't done. You don't need to get in close, but keep a close eye on your partner down there. Provide them cover if you can." Adom looked down at them, pointing to George who had been closing in on the base

"I guess I can do that... what about you?" Caleb questioned them

"That's classified. Someone of your rank isn't obligated to know. No hard feelings though, it's simply a manner of business." He began slowly trekking down the hill from which Caleb was perched, slow approaching the headquarters of the survivors as it was being breached.

As dust stormed through the open area, the sight of the lands outside have been muddled. But the lack of sight is far less worrisome as a silent noise buzzed through the place which no human could pick up on

Yet those who are not could.

Birds, rats, and even the dogs began to converge into the dust, drawing the interest of the guards. They were soon incapacitated, tranquilizer darts hitting them in their less armored parts, their bodies soon dragged into the dust by the aforementioned animals.

Noah didn't care and continued to eat, she really needed to eat in case it was her last dinner, plus curiosity was killing her.

she took a piece of pizza and carefully brought it to her mouth

The girl's eyes widen slightly.

This pizza was good. She quickly finished her slice and grabbed another and she finished that one too.

She continued until she reached her eighth slice
Dene was eating his burger and steak as well as if someone was forcing him to. It tasted good, and he chomps down gracefully, though not as fast or in such a hurry that he'll die by gagging.

By the time he finished, Paige was running back to the HQ, looking for Sir Efrain.

"Why must he be sleeping at this time? It's such a wrong timing..." she muttered to herself, eventually arriving at the control room.

Inside, multiple red lights were flashing. Multiple computers were showing massive signs of humans and not Waterboarders.

"I knew it. They're gonna use this opportunity to lure Soma out. I have to make contact with hi-"

A sudden abrupt static was heard from her transmission. Soma was too far away, and they have to hope that he'll return quickly. But that's not something she has to rely on. If anything, it's to prove that they are capable with or without the Strongest Contraband Wielder.

As dust stormed through the open area, the sight of the lands outside have been muddled. But the lack of sight is far less worrisome as a silent noise buzzed through the place which no human could pick up on

Yet those who are not could.

Birds, rats, and even the dogs began to converge into the dust, drawing the interest of the guards. They were soon incapacitated, tranquilizer darts hitting them in their less armored parts, their bodies soon dragged into the dust by the aforementioned animals.
The guards screamed as they try to shoot the dust but to no avail. Many of them died, further cementing the need for backup.

"Hmph. Stupid boss, thinking they can take advantage of me because I'm small..." They grumbled as they crouched in the bush and masked their existence. Pushing their goggles down and keeping a close eye on George

The guards screamed as they try to shoot the dust but to no avail. Many of them died, further cementing the need for backup.
(Uh, no. George usually doesn't try to kill people if he can. He's literally using tranquilizer darts right now. Hang on, lemme write a replacement)

"Hmph. Stupid boss, thinking they can take advantage of me because I'm small..." They grumbled as they crouched in the bush and masked their existence. Pushing their goggles down and keeping a close eye on George
(Just in case, who is this again? So I don't make a mistake in referrals)

As the food arrived, the sound of the siren blared across the whole city, putting everything on lockdown.

"Speak of the shittin' devil, what's going on?" Dene exclaimed, a mix of happiness that his food is here and anger that something was going wrong.

"Must be them then.... Tessa, contact Sam and all available units in Division Seraphim, we've got an intruder!" Paige said, turning on her transmitter.

"Calling off all units, the front gate is being attacked. I repeat the front gate is being attacked."

(@LaserPrecision it's time)
"God, damn it I can't even just sit down to enjoy a meal" said Rizzuto who suddenly wolfed down his pasta in one go.
(Ya posting to fast I can't keep up.)

With their allies downed and dragged into the dust, a number of guards attempted to brave the storm, unable to hear the silent noises their human ears cannot comprehend. Singular rats or birds would dash past them, earning their panic as they try to make sense of this sightless zone.

In this high-strung situation, what would happen if something real were to startle them?

A single flashbang was tossed into the crowd, finally earning their panic as they began to shoot and attack at everything around them. The gunfire was enough to get their allies still on the wall to call in backup as the hunter retreated back to where the dust came from

"God, damn it I can't even just sit down to enjoy a meal" said Rizzuto who suddenly wolfed down his pasta in one go.
(Ya posting to fast I can't keep up.)
"We just arrived here, got introduced to this so-called haven, and then we got attacked? I mean, Ms. Paige was right... Invasions do happen a lot here, given it's just one big place that people can raid. But we can't just catch a break, huh?" Dene said, finishing his burger as he drank some water.

"I said it's a possibility that we'll run into some crazy people who want our guns or kill us" she said finishing her 12th pizza piece and then a big glass of water, in the end to use a napkin to wipe the grease from her mouth.

"I said it's a possibility that we'll run into some crazy people who want our guns or kill us" she said finishing her 12th pizza piece and then a big glass of water, in the end to use a napkin to wipe the grease from her mouth.
"I know. But it's no way in hell it's these people. The ones outside are." Dene said, also grabbing a napkin to wipe the stains on his mo
A single flashbang was tossed into the crowd, finally earning their panic as they began to shoot and attack at everything around them. The gunfire was enough to get their allies still on the wall to call in backup as the hunter retreated back to where the dust came from
He faced Rizzuto, his hand held out, and signals him to borrow one of his guns.

Last edited:
"We just arrived here, got introduced to this so-called haven, and then we got attacked? I mean, Ms. Paige was right... Invasions do happen a lot here, given it's just one big place that people can raid. But we can't just catch a break, huh?" Dene said, finishing his burger as he drank some water.
"Ya but so soon right after we escaped all those Waterboarders in a plane we fixed up on the fly at this point I'm starting to think God just likes ******* with us." said Rizzuto as he then preceded to drink some whine, he found with the meal strait from the bottle.
"I know. But it's no way in hell it's these people. The ones outside are." Dene said, also grabbing a napkin to wipe the stains on his mo

As the gunfire reached the restaurant, Dene summoned his flowers to deflect the incoming bullets, ducking below as he faced Rizzuto, his hand held out and signals him to borrow one of his guns.
Rizzuto stopped drinking the whine and looked at dene he then tossed him one of his guns and resumed drinking.

With their allies downed and dragged into the dust, a number of guards attempted to brave the storm, unable to hear the silent noises their human ears cannot comprehend. Singular rats or birds would dash past them, earning their panic as they try to make sense of this sightless zone.

In this high-strung situation, what would happen if something real were to startle them?

Caleb with their Contraband despite the sight impairment is able to keep a lock on George. Watching their stunt and responding;
"Don't get yourself killed out there, alright?"

Back