• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"It's probably something or someone doing this to prevent Soma... Look, he isn't using any of his powers. And given what Efrain told us, we can't, so that means it's affecting our Contraband... Connect those two dots together, Noah's getting affected by it too..."
"If that's the case Noah should sit out the infiltration, then she'll be more of a burden than help if she comes along then again if she really wants to come along neither of us can stop her." said Rizzuto.

"If that's the case Noah should sit out the infiltration, then she'll be more of a burden than help if she comes along then again if she really wants to come along neither of us can stop her." said Rizzuto.
"Welp, it's now or never... We gotta rescue Paige like what we've rehearsed.." Dene said

(Sofia might be. Viviaan's a bit further out, so they should be about as safe as Adom. And I think Nuntius ran out pretty far by now. Though since its an air explosion, when it reaches the ground [which'll be basically instant given explosions travel speed], it'll be significantly weaker. Only like wall level since it's intended to hurt Soma)
"Shit shit, they didn't tell me anything about a ******* missile!" Sofia took a few steps and dived, she knew there was no way she'd be able to outrun an explosion and decided it was best to instead minimize damage. As the explosion expanded and engulfed her within it, she certainly did suffer injuries, albeit survived due to her being closer to the edge of the explosion. Some of her skin was charred and her hair burnt. It hurt, but she felt worse for anyone closer to the explosion

Viviaan who was further out was safe, only slightly moving from the shockwave. But she was in tears, not out of pain, but because she believed Sofia may have been killed by the explosion

Noah managed to gather enough strength to speak clearly.

"I'll keep going, but when we're far enough away with Paige, I want a sniper to take a shot at her," The Girl said as she looked across the battlefield and pointed her hand at Viviaan.

"I can feel it, like a Void that pushes me away and how the contrabands lose power the closer they get"

Noah managed to gather enough strength to speak clearly.

"I'll keep going, but when we're far enough away with Paige, I want a sniper to take a shot at her," The Girl said as she looked across the battlefield and pointed her hand at Viviaan.

"I can feel it, like a Void that pushes me away and how the contrabands lose power the closer they get"
"Whatever you say Noah." said Rizzuto a little unhappy about her decision he then said, "Well come on then this operation isn't getting any easier just sitting here waiting."

"If you say so just know whatever happens it's on you and Noah if she comes with us." said Rizzuto getting ready to go save Paige.
Dene nods and ***** his gun.

Meanwhile...

"Shit shit, they didn't tell me anything about a ******* missile!" Sofia took a few steps and dived, she knew there was no way she'd be able to outrun an explosion and decided it was best to instead minimize damage.
Nuntius was watching everything happen as the seal is almost ready.

"Soma's not the type of person who ever plays fair, and is quite dirty at that... If he needs to get blood on his hands to get what he wants, he will. And with the increasing number of casualties, he'd have to always focus on the defensive... But because his allies would be in danger as well, his sanity is reaching its limit!

We know that you can adapt, but using your powers here would've likely killed off your allies as well as Paige and the others... Knowing you, you wouldn't kill Viviaan as well, given she's simply brought here by force.

You're only choice is to block the missile with your sword...

You could use yourself as a shield and take mass injury, but then you'd fall for our trap!

Now let's see you get out of this Zugzwang...

Soma Imperium!"

Soma sees that the missile is already about to arrive, with more and more soldiers dying as it lands.

"The hell are they thinking? Sacrificing this many troops, they must be nuts!" Soma thought, as more and more soldiers die due to Adom and the others using them as a meat shield to block his attacks.

"They know I can't use the Contraband, which is why Nuntius is convincing that girl to deactivate her powers for a short time. And with that time, I can probably use my powers, but they know I have my allies backstage. Even if I went for the physical, they could just keep using them as a meatshield," he thought.

As the explosion expanded and engulfed her within it, she certainly did suffer injuries, albeit survived due to her being closer to the edge of the explosion. Some of her skin was charred and her hair burnt. It hurt, but she felt worse for anyone closer to the explosion

Viviaan who was further out was safe, only slightly moving from the shockwave. But she was in tears, not out of pain, but because she believed Sofia may have been killed by the explosion
Soma prepares his sword and launches a powerful gust of wind to slice the missile clean into two. Though he received major damage, it wasn't powerful enough to leave scars or visible wounds, just a few scratches as he breathed heavily, he's getting tired.

15 minutes left.....

Adom cackled "How was that, Soma?! Was that good enough for you? I hope not for your sake, your friends are next, and I don't think they'll have as much stopping a missile as you!"
He was referring to the second missile he had plotted out with Mark before his walkie-talkie was smashed.

Adom cackled "How was that, Soma?! Was that good enough for you? I hope not for your sake, your friends are next, and I don't think they'll have as much stopping a missile as you!"
He was referring to the second missile he had plotted out with Mark before his walkie-talkie was smashed.
As if on que, he launches the second missile towards Dene and the others.

Soma grunted as he dashes to knock the wind off of Adom, kicking him in the ribs.

As if on que, he launches the second missile towards Dene and the others.
"Tch!"

Soma had a worried expression as he tries to leap, but is stopped by the soldiers piling up to hold his foot.

As a last-ditch effort, Dene shot the missile with his rifle, with Efrain throwing his glaive to slice it into two.

The shrapnel managed to injure most, but are shortly healed by Eqowir.

As a last-ditch effort, Dene shot the missile with his rifle, with Efrain throwing his glaive to slice it into two.

The shrapnel managed to injure most, but are shortly healed by Eqowir.
"Dear god we almost died back there I suggest we keep moving so we don't get hit with one of those again." said Rizzuto trying to move as fast as possible to their goal.

Rizzuto looked at Caleb and said, "Will talk about this later got to get a move on."
The group arrived at the back gate of the castle, to which they see the other members.

(@BagelHorns You're up)

"Sorry master, I don't think I can hold him off any longer..." He breathed heavy on his back. Looking up, feeling good for at least having distracted Soma for a long time
"Only 5 minutes remain, give it all you got...." Nuntius said through the walkie-talkie.

(Adom just got manhandled and George is still gunning Soma down)
(Sofia, and the others? Welp)
"I guess I'll muster what I've got left..." He ever so slowly stands back up
More and more soldiers appear this time, now enhanced by Xavier's experimentation. As they gather around Soma, he begins to think about what he should do now, dazed as he's trapped and tired, wanting to save some stamina.

"I guess I'll muster what I've got left..." He ever so slowly stands back up
Despite the ruined battlefield filled with destruction all around, a single canary managed to break through, landing near Adom before dropping an injection needle and a message.

"One more time, what do ya say?" ~Hunters

It was soon clear what that needle was filled with

Adrenaline

"Don't trust her! Efrain taught us about what happens! Shoot 'em!" Dene said as he tries shooting Mark.

(@Peppersalt43 @LaserPrecision Gotta attack Soma)
"sorry, but I like shoot people" Said Noah while follow Dene word and shoot to Mark

He ducked the bullets, running behind cover with a frustrated grunt. "Damn animals, why can't we handle things in a civilized manner..." He mumbled. "I don't have a weapon, you know! This isn't exactly fair!"

Back