• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Soma watched the bullets as if they're in slow-motion, then sliced them all apart with his sword. He then takes a leap, strong enough to disperse the smoke and went for George, slicing off the nearby creatures with his sword.

(To confirm, wouldn't the portals be a little over 10 kilometers in the air as to not be affected by the power null?)

Soma watched the bullets as if they're in slow-motion, then sliced them all apart with his sword. He then takes a leap, strong enough to disperse the smoke and went for George, slicing off the nearby creatures with his sword.
(The creatures are in the pocket dimension, firing the guns. And the portals are high enough in the sky that I don't think jumping at them is a viable strat)

(The user is technically in another plain of existence. I assumed that would keep them safe?)
(The user is technically in another plain of existence. I assumed that would keep them safe?)

(I meant more so the portals the self. The power null doesn't need to reach the user to Jill the technique. This is to avoid cheeky attacks like standing just outside the barrier and firing your technique into the barrier. So if the portal is within the power null range, they'd likely just end up closing)

(I meant more so the portals the self. The power null doesn't need to reach the user to Jill the technique. This is to avoid cheeky attacks like standing just outside the barrier and firing your technique into the barrier. So if the portal is within the power null range, they'd likely just end up closing)
(OK then, I'll delete that)

(You don't have to. Faster rifle rounds can travel that distance in seconds. I asked it since Soma jumped to the portals, and if he did that means he jumped like 10 kilometers and is possibly outside of power null range which would be very bad for us)
(I already deleted it)

The sun's shine began to fade as smoke blotted it away, the source seemingly arising from tiny dots in the sky. And while the smoke couldn't pierce Viviaan's ability, it was still very much present outside of it.

"You're right, we're at a disadvantage. I've known that for quite a while now. You know how I keep going?" George asked, staring down a portal, a sniper rifle in-hand.

"I make my own advantage". Surrounding him were various limbs with prehensile fingers, all aiming down at the many portals with powerful rifles gathered from all those years.

"You've dodged bullets, sure. But can you survive an air strike? FIRE!". Bullets rained down pass the field of nullification, breaking through where even the smoke can't pass.

"Shame how this is our first encounter with the 'strongest contraband user'. Do you agree, Xavier?" Monica asked while overseeing the portals.

"Shame how this is our first encounter with the 'strongest contraband user'. Do you agree, Xavier?" Monica asked while overseeing the portals.
"It's for the best." Xavier said simply, looking down at the battlefield.

"I have no expectations for this, don't forget this is simply to buy Nuntius time." Xavier said, bored.

"You've dodged bullets, sure. But can you survive an air strike? FIRE!". Bullets rained down pass the field of nullification, breaking through where even the smoke can't pass.
Soma watched them all in slow motion as he casually repel them by creating a powerful gust by swinging his sword.
"It's for the best." Xavier said simply, looking down at the battlefield.

"I have no expectations for this, don't forget this is simply to buy Nuntius time." Xavier said, bored.
"Guess they're using projectiles and not Contraband-related attacks, not much of a threat really, and especially not as proactive as those two..." he thought, as he gathered a dead soldier and sliced their body apart, flinging piece of their corpse as fast-travelling projectiles.

"Guess they're using projectiles and not Contraband-related attacks, not much of a threat really, and especially not as proactive as those two..." he thought, as he gathered a dead soldier and sliced their body apart, flinging piece of their corpse as fast-travelling projectiles.
(How the heck is Soma throwing corpses 10 kilometers in the air? In fact, this is base Soma, right? I can understand the skill but how the heck does he have the physical capabilities to do this stuff?)

(How the heck is Soma throwing corpses 10 kilometers in the air? In fact, this is base Soma, right? I can understand the skill but how the heck does he have the physical capabilities to do this stuff?)
(He's speed is what allows him to fling them quickly. Use of momentum, given he's FTL at base and the fact that he's physically strong)

(You do realise that the arm would turn into plasma before it goes anywhere at those speeds?)
(Bro this is an RP about higher dimensional Lovecraftian monsters that destroyed the world, and the survivors are left obtaining superpowers by making weapons out of the monster's flesh. Soma being a regular Ish human moving at FTL speeds and surviving wouldn't be that much of a stretch compared to everything we have going on.)

Last edited:
"Monica, close em!" George yelled, the dots in the sky blinking out of existence for but mere moments, the body parts flying past them. The portals later re-opened, the gunfire continuing.

"is he even a man? How did he just do that?" George asked, loading another bullet into his rifle.
"You know, maybe this isn't as bad as I thought" Monica commented as "doves" began to encircle them.

"Would you like to record these feats, Xavier? I've seen you grant telescopic vision before".

"Would you like to record these feats, Xavier? I've seen you grant telescopic vision before".
"One step ahead." Xavier replied, having already been recording he fight as he watched from the portal.

Xavier then led the "doves" through the portal and had them scatter around, approaching around Vivian's aura at different angles.

"I suppose a few more angles couldn't hurt however."

"30 minutes.... 30 minutes is still up. You need to make Soma be more worked up... Xavier, Monica, Geroge, it'd be best if you participate in the fight..." Nuntius said as his voice echoed through them using his Contrabands.
(They're still gunning him down. Relax, Nuntius. Also how does Soma know what the doves can do?)

"One step ahead." Xavier replied, having already been recording he fight as he watched from the portal.

Xavier then led the "doves" through the portal and had them scatter around, approaching around Vivian's aura at different angles.

"I suppose a few more angles couldn't hurt however."
Soma continued to fend off the gunfire as more and more piles of soldiers began to rush him.

Soma continued to fend off the gunfire as more and more piles of soldiers began to rush him.
Xavier leaned back and began to adjust the positioning of his gunfire to match the data he had been analyzing. Having deduced where Soma would be after taking into account the current wave of bullets and soldiers rushing it, he sent down a swarm of bullets on Soma, to which they were easily blocked as he focused his attention back onto the soldiers. What he didn't notice was one bullet had snuck by, hidden from sight and from Soma's attack's as it hid behind several others, and hit him square in the foot.

Xavier leaned back and began to adjust the positioning of his gunfire to match the data he had been analyzing. Having deduced where Soma would be after taking into account the current wave of bullets and soldiers rushing it, he sent down a swarm of bullets on Soma, to which they were easily blocked as he focused his attention back onto the soldiers. What he didn't notice was one bullet had snuck by, hidden from sight and from Soma's attack's as it hid behind several others, and hit him square in the foot.
"Kch!" Soma tried to ignore the bullet hitting him in the foot as he quickly recovers and attacks the soldiers, waiting patiently for them to make a move.

30 Minutes Left...

"Yes yes, what is it?"
"I want you to launch a ballistic missile straight to Soma. However, don't blow it up when it's close to the ground, otherwise we'll all die. Instead, blow it up when you believe inverse square law dictates he'll survive. He'll survive, but it'll be impossible to dodge. It may hit some friendlies, but it's our best shot."

Noah kept looking at the Battle, her instinct and common sense telling her to do something to escape, she didn't know if she could be focused enough to maintain her human form, slightly trembling.

But now that she saw how Soma was slowly being overwhelmed.

"It can't be that they can maintain such an effect for so long, where do those attacks come from?" she asks to herself in her mind

"I want you to launch a ballistic missile straight to Soma. However, don't blow it up when it's close to the ground, otherwise we'll all die. Instead, blow it up when you believe inverse square law dictates he'll survive. He'll survive, but it'll be impossible to dodge. It may hit some friendlies, but it's our best shot."
"Hahhhh... Alright, on it."

"Hahhhh... Alright, on it."
"Oh, and if he gets out of this almost unscathed, which he shouldn't, fire a ballistic missile to any intruders who have snuck in. I doubt he came here alone. Worst case scenario, they blow up, best case scenario, Soma goes to stop it and suffers severe injury."

Noah kept looking at the Battle, her instinct and common sense telling her to do something to escape, she didn't know if she could be focused enough to maintain her human form, slightly trembling.

But now that she saw how Soma was slowly being overwhelmed.

"It can't be that they can maintain such an effect for so long, where do those attacks come from?" she asks to herself in her mind
Dene cradles her into his arms, "You alright? It seems like our boy is getting into some trouble, shouldn't we help Efrain?"

"If we do that, it'd ruin the plan since they'd divide their focus to us instead of Soma. And since they're doing just..." Efrain said as he looked at Sam and Eqowir.

"What is it, chief?" Eqowir asks as she wakes up.

"Prepare everyone on the double, we're initiating our infiltration now.."
"Oh, and if he gets out of this almost unscathed, which he shouldn't, fire a ballistic missile to any intruders who have snuck in. I doubt he came here alone. Worst case scenario, they blow up, best case scenario, Soma goes to stop it and suffers severe injury."
Soma as he's getting overwhelmed by the soldiers notices Adom talking to someone, and immediately throws a sharp object to interrupt his conversation with that person.

"Of course. Best of luck to you out there." He walks over to the control panel, pressing the launch button to the missile, sending it flying to Soma- Detonating it when it was the appropriate distance from him.

"Of course. Best of luck to you out there." He walks over to the control panel, pressing the launch button to the missile, sending it flying to Soma- Detonating it when it was the appropriate distance from him.
(Mark! Also wait a second, isn't Sofia, Viviaan, and Nuntius in the missile blast radius?)

(Mark! Also wait a second, isn't Sofia, Viviaan, and Nuntius in the missile blast radius?)
(Sofia might be. Viviaan's a bit further out, so they should be about as safe as Adom. And I think Nuntius ran out pretty far by now. Though since its an air explosion, when it reaches the ground [which'll be basically instant given explosions travel speed], it'll be significantly weaker. Only like wall level since it's intended to hurt Soma)

(Sofia might be. Viviaan's a bit further out, so they should be about as safe as Adom. And I think Nuntius ran out pretty far by now. Though since its an air explosion, when it reaches the ground [which'll be basically instant given explosions travel speed], it'll be significantly weaker. Only like wall level since it's intended to hurt Soma)
(Should we assume that Sofia managed to take cover?)

Dene cradles her into his arms, "You alright? It seems like our boy is getting into some trouble, shouldn't we help Efrain?"

"If we do that, it'd ruin the plan since they'd divide their focus to us instead of Soma. And since they're doing just..." Efrain said as he looked at Sam and Eqowir.

"What is it, chief?" Eqowir asks as she wakes up.

"Prepare everyone on the double, we're initiating our infiltration now.."
"Well shit." said Rizzuto as he prepared for infiltration getting his guns ready checking if there fully loaded, he then looked over and saw dene cradling Noah and asked, "Hey Dene is Noah alright cause if not best she sits this one out?"

"Despite everything, Soma's still superior in strength and speed even without his Contraband... You still never cease to impress me... old friend," Nuntius said, watching him from afar, as he prepares the seal.

25 Minutes Left...
He sees the missile atop as more and more soldiers advance to attack him, to which at this point he's slightly feeling guilty and annoyed.

"Just keeping their distance huh... I mean, it's the best that they can do, really...

The soldiers are already trying to avoid me, given that some sort of attack is coming. Once there's enough space, I can get that vegetable-ass dude as well as that lesbian...

Relying on it [Adaptation] wouldn't work either...

They know that I can adapt, so they're trying to divide my attention and barrage as many attacks...

If they attempt to regroup and launch a wide-scale attack, things will be troublesome..." he thought.

"Well shit." said Rizzuto as he prepared for infiltration getting his guns ready checking if there fully loaded, he then looked over and saw dene cradling Noah and asked, "Hey Dene is Noah alright cause if not best she sits this one out?"
"It's probably something or someone doing this to prevent Soma... Look, he isn't using any of his powers. And given what Efrain told us, we can't, so that means it's affecting our Contraband... Connect those two dots together, Noah's getting affected by it too..."

Back