• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Soma, you want to save your fiancé right? Then give up. We've got a rig set to kill as a last resort. If you stop, well let her live. If you don't? Then you lose AND she dies."

He ducked the bullets, running behind cover with a frustrated grunt. "Damn animals, why can't we handle things in a civilized manner..." He mumbled. "I don't have a weapon, you know! This isn't exactly fair!"
"They just fired a ******* missile at us, you think we won't be mad?" Noah replied as she concentrated, her breathing becoming a little heavier.

How much longer Before she collapsed, could she bear?

"Soma, you want to save your fiancé right? Then give up. We've got a rig set to kill as a last resort. If you stop, well let her live. If you don't? Then you lose AND she dies."
Soma remained still. attempting to adapt to Viviaan as he remained frozen in thought.

Adom knows what he's trying to do...

Silence befell the battlefield, the fight raging on for so long and now, only two people are left standing. The sound of cawing crows could be heard, complimenting the ricocheting bullets.

So close...

Silence befell the battlefield, the fight raging on for so long and now, only two people are left standing. The sound of cawing crows could be heard, complimenting the ricocheting bullets.

So close...
"Clever Soma, but it won't save you in time. Stay still and take this beating if you want her to live." He injected the needle into his neck and charged at Soma
“You gotta be kidding me….”

In such disbelief, they didn’t know how desperate Soma was at unleashing his technique. Knowing that he could barely adapt to Viviaan, only a sliver of a moment can be used for him to activate his technique.

Faro Pemba

Faro Pemba- a technique Soma developed in one of his battles as a means to fight off multiple enemies at once, capable of overloading all of the target’s nerves and rendering them immobile.

But given the limited time constraints, Contraband Nullification, Soma’s stamina, and his incomplete calculations, it was only up for about 0.5 seconds!

The usage of the technique was a hypothesis formed within his mind the moment he slowly adapted to Viviaan’s power. It was more so a fight-or-flight response that kicked in due to the mental pressure he was experiencing. Knowing that his fiancee would be in range, he had to make sure that the distance was large enough to cover all his enemies but small enough to not affect his allies.

Should the technique have lasted longer, he would’ve caused brain death to anyone nearby due to the nerves exploding.

Knowing Sofia and Viviaan would be in range, he considered dampening the technique.

However, this level of Faro Pemba, would awaken some of Agitprop’s soldiers almost immediately.

Taking into consideration a chance for any counterplay, the targets would be narrowed down to Adom, The Soldiers, George, and the Barrier.

In 0.05 seconds after the technique's deactivation, about 20,000 soldiers would be killed; Adom Miller- incapacitated in his lower half; George- incapacitated by the jaw; and the Barrier slightly torn apart…

By the Strongest Contraband User….

Immediately after, Soma notices a strange object next to him…

It was too late, the stage is set and the curtains are about to close…

“Ánoixe… Proteus…”

The strange object contorted and unveil itself, bearing an eldritch-like appearance filled with flesh, hands, mouths, and eyes.

Soma turns to flee when suddenly…

“S- Soma!… I-”

It was a blue-haired girl, chained down as she greets her lover.

Although it was just a moment, Soma remained frozen in confusion about why she was there.

Proteus quickly ensnares Soma, nullifying his powers combine with Viviaan’s as it pins him down.

The Nexus- a place that can only be described as immaculate, filled with mystery and incomprehensibility. Indeed, a realm where time and space hold no authority over is quite a place to behold.

"There it is... The seal of Proteus... One whose power remains transcended, a power that can seal the Strongest Contraband User..."
"....And one that'll put you on hold, Soma Imperium..." Nuntius said as he looks at Soma, defeated as the seal opens to pin his entire body down.

"Damnit, they got me! I... I can't adapt fast enough. I can’t even move my body... Is this…. really it…?" he thought as he tries fighting back but to no avail.

"You're getting in the way of our plan, Soma Imperium... You are simply too strong, too... powerful to stop or kill... And it's all the more unfortunate that you didn't join us....", Nuntius said, a disappointed tone present in his voice.

"Kch...!" Som grunted, still trying to escape with sheer physical force.

"Do not worry, my friend, you'll be the first to see heaven in its full glory... But right now, it's time for you to meet your purgatory…"

(Would Soma be able to reach all those places in 0.05 seconds with superhuman travel speed? Some of them are kilometers apart. I'm fine with the end result, just confused on how it happened)

(Would Soma be able to reach all those places in 0.05 seconds with superhuman travel speed? Some of them are kilometers apart. I'm fine with the end result, just confused on how it happened)
(He basically had his power at that moment, so he used it to amp his speed to FTL trav speed and then do the do)

Sofia slowly gets up pulling back her burnt hair, standing despite the burned patches of skin littered around her body.
"Shit.. What happened..?"
They started to stumble towards Viviaan

Noah was worried, she wondered if they tried to torture Paige or something like that. She didn't want to tell the strongest Contraband user that, although she was still frustrated by that girl's power, she can't even feel anything right, she was lucky that she was able to notice that missile and not fall apart her disguise due to the distance.

Sofia slowly gets up pulling back her burnt hair, standing despite the burned patches of skin littered around her body.
"Shit.. What happened..?"
They started to stumble towards Viviaan

"Grk!" Soma was enclosed in the seal as Proteus closes him in, with Nuntius looking at Paige.

He tries to incapacitate her to prevent the possibility of escape before a giant glaive comes in.

It was Efrain, swinging his weapon as he disabled the rifles from the portals and sliced the chains binding Paige as well as attempting to rescue Viviaan.

However, Nuntius blocked his attacks and knocked Viviaan unconscious as a result, returning all their powers.

Before he knew it, black puddles began go erupt as Nuntius activates his Contraband, taking the seal, Adom, George, the many others who were still alive.

"May this be the start of your reckoning, Henosis. This world shall meet it's new Elysium once I've disposed all of you martyrs who dare defy the will of God..."

Efrain tried attacking with his electricity, but he got away just as quick.

"Thanks, Sir Efrain..." Paige said as Efrain offered her a hand to stand up, limping from her injuries. Clearly she was tortured.

"We have to leave, now!"

"But, what about Viviaa-"

"We can't, reinforcements will arrive very soon. It's only a matter of time before they collect their bearings..." he said as the two ran off to the carrier.

"W- wait, Sir Efrain. I have to get the others back!"

Without hesitation, Paige ran off to where Dene and the others are located.

He let out a long sigh "Aalright, follow me then..." He turned on his heel, leading the way to Paige's location
"Yes yes, I know the drill."
"UOOORAHH!"

Before he knew it, a fist went flying towards his face, extended by a leather belt of sorts.

It was Paige, battered and beaten, blood tainting her hair as she looked at the group, huffing and puffing as she does.

Noah noticed how the suppression power left, hers body relaxed and when Paige arrived she went to see how she was.

"Come, we have to get out of here"
"The chopper should be arriving soon..."

Paige wasted no time and called in the helicopter, waving her hands to come down.

Dene helped Paige come through given her injuries, as she was only able to move through sheer willpower alone.

"Come on, c'mon, c'mon! Go go go!"

"Don't think I wanna hear about how you're gonna clean another guys mess off your clothes." Caleb reaponded
"I was in the mafia I've seen worse I've done worse." said Rizzuto grimly he then said, "But that past is behind me."
"UOOORAHH!"

Before he knew it, a fist went flying towards his face, extended by a leather belt of sorts.

It was Paige, battered and beaten, blood tainting her hair as she looked at the group, huffing and puffing as she does.
Rizzuto looked at Mark and said, "Well that takes care of that." as he got into the helicopter with the others.

Sofia seemed to have been left behind, and looked pissed
"That bastard, he took her! He ******* took her!"
She fell to her knees and started punching the ground with a hoarse voice

Back