• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Xavier sighed at the lack of a clear answer and a deflection away from it.

"And what exactly does Sergio do? And for that matter, how is this supposed "strongest Contraband user" relevant?"
"Sergio's detachment from reality is our key to temporarily entering The Nexus... And for the Strongest Contraband User, he is a man of absolute power, one that neither you or I can or will ever match. In about a couple of weeks, he will arrive here and wreck chaos and havoc.... Killing him or subduing him is ineffective, but...."

Nuntius pulls up an image of Viviaan

"She and the seal will help us pin him down long enough to achieve our goal."

"Sergio's detachment from reality is our key to temporarily entering The Nexus... And for the Strongest Contraband User, he is a man of absolute power, one that neither you or I can or will ever match. In about a couple of weeks, he will arrive here and wreck chaos and havoc.... Killing him or subduing him is ineffective, but...."

Nuntius pulls up an image of Viviaan

"She and the seal will help us pin him down long enough to achieve our goal."
"And who is she?" Xavier said pointedly.

Nullify any Contraband? Certainly a useful ability if utilized correctly...

"From the picture, I assume you don't currently acquire her services?"
(Bro didn't even realize she's his classmate)
"We're working our way to get her, which shouldn't be that difficult, given the current state of Henosis... They wouldn't risk getting their city being raided, but can't risk waiting... In a sense, they're in..."

"... a Zugzwang..." Efrain said.

"The heck is a Zugzwang?" Dene asks as he continued playing cards.

"A Zugzwang is a term in chess where the opponent is forced to make a bad move... Essentially, whatever we do, Nuntius will have the advantage..." Efrain explained.

"So that's why we're trained? Adding a the element of surprise should Soma get captured, basically making us the backup plan... Is that it?" Dene said.

"Precisely... We know that they have a plan for me or Soma, it's quite obvious given they know our status and power... But that shouldn't entail that it's a complete defeat... Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made for progress..."

"That's bad, but I guess that should also make us keep a low profile in case they have something or someone here that gives them information" Noah said from next to them, she in her hand had a milkshake strawberry from which she took a sip

(Bro didn't even realize she's his classmate)
(Never said he didn't, he just didn't bring it up 😭)
"We're working our way to get her, which shouldn't be that difficult, given the current state of Henosis... They wouldn't risk getting their city being raided, but can't risk waiting... In a sense, they're in..."
"A chess term? Didn't take you for the type. Regardless, how do you intend on getting ahold of her without Contraband? Do you know how her power activates and under what conditions? Proper strategy and information is key."

When it was Noah's turn she sent a +4 to the next person.
"By the way, how are the other factions of Henosis after learning that you attacked the city?" the Waterboarder asked
"They're doing fine. I've been told that the other Henosis factions would begin their attack after me, since their defenses are gonna be down and leave them with no time to recover." Soma explained.
(Never said he didn't, he just didn't bring it up 😭)

"A chess term? Didn't take you for the type. Regardless, how do you intend on getting ahold of her without Contraband? Do you know how her power activates and under what conditions? Proper strategy and information is key."
"Her conditions for the activation of power is quite simple. There's an aura or radius around her that she can control, under which anything that is Waterboarder or Contraband-related would be nullified... Of course capturing her would be quite the hassle, but I believe her physical and combat prowess isn't much of a threat compared to her power. That leaves us with..."

He pulls another image, that being Sofia.

"She is an ally of Viviaan, and from what our intelligence committee has told us, she's quite powerful. This means that she's acting as her bodyguard as she's quite clingy from all the photos we've took of them during our scouting missions..."

"Her conditions for the activation of power is quite simple. There's an aura or radius around her that she can control, under which anything that is Waterboarder or Contraband-related would be nullified... Of course capturing her would be quite the hassle, but I believe her physical and combat prowess isn't much of a threat compared to her power. That leaves us with..."

He pulls another image, that being Sofia.

"She is an ally of Viviaan, and from what our intelligence committee has told us, she's quite powerful. This means that she's acting as her bodyguard as she's quite clingy from all the photos we've took of them during our scouting missions..."
The girls shouldn't be a problem. However, Viviann's power is more in line with a Waterboarder's than Contraband. Just what happened to her after all these years?

"Viviann's power... do you know how she obtained it? It doesn't sound like Contraband."

Rizzuto stared at Noah then back at his cards he had every color but red he then looked back at Noah and said "I need to stop playing games with you cause that's three times you've hoed me when we're playing games."
"Stop being salty, definitely-not-so-old-man." Dene joked.
The girls shouldn't be a problem. However, Viviann's power is more in line with a Waterboarder's than Contraband. Just what happened to her after all these years?

"Viviann's power... do you know how she obtained it? It doesn't sound like Contraband."
"That, I cannot know... But from the looks of it, it must be some sort of adaptation she developed, akin to how organisms develop antibodies to counteract diseases..." Nuntius assumed.

Rizzuto stared at Noah then back at his cards he had every color but red he then looked back at Noah and said "I need to stop playing games with you cause that's three times you've hoed me when we're playing games."
"What can I say, a monster don't have the compassion of humans" she said while sticking out her tongue slightly in mockery

"Stop being salty, definitely-not-so-old-man." Dene joked.
"You know what Dene when you get my age, I hope there's another child out there just like you that calls you old all the time." said Rizzuto.
"What can I say, a monster don't have the compassion of humans" she said while sticking out her tongue slightly in mockery
"You can say that again you she devil you luck is unnaturally good." said Rizzuto.

"They're doing fine. I've been told that the other Henosis factions would begin their attack after me, since their defenses are gonna be down and leave them with no time to recover." Soma explained.
Caleb plays a reverse card, switching the order "Sorry, maybe you already explained, but what are we doing in the meantime? Taking out the cannon fodder or waiting for further instruction?"

"That, I cannot know... But from the looks of it, it must be some sort of adaptation she developed, akin to how organisms develop antibodies to counteract diseases..." Nuntius assumed.
"That may be an issue, but other girl should be quick work. If she gets in our way I'll crush her." Adom chimes in

"That may be an issue, but other girl should be quick work. If she gets in our way I'll crush her." Adom chimes in
Like an antibody? That suggests she consumed Waterboarder matter for... years. Jesus. No wonder her body mutated in such a way. Still, if I was able to to get a hold of her DNA as it is now... shame I have to extract DNA from an old friend, but progress beckons. Suppose a blood test would work....

Xavier's thought trailed off before he remembered to respond to the answer.

"That's certainly helpful. Would you mind informing me when the extraction is over? I'd like to run a blood test."

"Jaja" The girl burst out laughing.
Caleb plays a reverse card, switching the order "Sorry, maybe you already explained, but what are we doing in the meantime? Taking out the cannon fodder or waiting for further instruction?"
Rizzuto just looked at Caleb and said, "How could you betray me like this." as he drew 8 cards before drawing a red skip turn and placing it down flipping the bird to Noah.

"Right now, the equipment needed for all of you should be arriving. Efrain will give the signal for all of you to attack... Which is tomorrow. So it's best that you enjoy the time that you have...." Soma said.
Like an antibody? That suggests she consumed Waterboarder matter for... years. Jesus. No wonder her body mutated in such a way. Still, if I was able to to get a hold of her DNA as it is now... shame I have to extract DNA from an old friend, but progress beckons. Suppose a blood test would work....

Xavier's thought trailed off before he remembered to respond to the answer.

"That's certainly helpful. Would you mind informing me when the extraction is over? I'd like to run a blood test."
"We will..." Nuntius said.

"You know what Dene when you get my age, I hope there's another child out there just like you that calls you old all the time." said Rizzuto.
"At least I'mma be making a whole lot of jokes in my time when I made fun of you, so it's a win-win for me..."

Rizzuto blushed and said, "Don't apologies like that makes it hard to stay mad."

"SON OF A hmmm you know what Dene that is some simp shit right there what happened to bros before hoes man!" said Rizzuto saw it was his turn and drew cards until he got a red 4.
"It's the only card I have, you shit-for-brains! Don't blame me, blame the game ragequitter... Adult my ass, you're gettin salty over a dang game..."

Back