• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"I mean you could have not responded to Viviaan panicking about when you would strike by going we'll make sure indeed. You could have tried to make it sound less hostile I think. Sorry I am going to stop talking now." Villum says.

"I mean you could have not responded to Viviaan panicking about when you would strike by going we'll make sure indeed. You could have tried to make it sound less hostile I think. Sorry I am going to stop talking now." Villum says.
"There are times when force are needed to be used... Though I may have struck the blow... This is all but necessary, my friend..."

Villum nods he doesn't entirely agree with Nuntius, but he respects Nuntius and the fact he is trying to do what he thinks is the right thing it is just hard to be certain it really is right.

Adom is quick to make the first move, summoning a shield half-way underground pointed diagonally up. In an instant, spikes protruded out the front, causing large amounts of rock to spew up from the Earth in Sofia's direction.

"Thinks he can beat me with rocks, does he?" She scoffed as the tattoo on her arm crept from off of her arm, taking the shape of a small stream of ink. The stream weaved its way through all the rocks, causing them to shatter into small debris and smoke, masking her position from Adom.

Adom was observant, while his body didn't move, his eyes remained attentive, looking around him, anticipating her next attack.

"Over here!" Her left hand swiped from her side up to her front, sending an ink-formed spear directly at Adom from his side.

Adom responded by creating a barrier right before the spear made contact with him, preventing her from changing the projectiles trajectory.

"Why so quiet? It's not gonna be fun to win if I don't get to her you get verbally crushed!" As she said crushed, she squashed her palm close, causing the ink that splattered against the forcefield to spread around the barrier and violently explode into a wall of spikes.

Adom summoned several shields to contain the Ink inside of it and began running towards Sofia, the shields zooming in front of him as he did so. "You talk a big game, but that stems from your arrogance. Just like that, you've already lost!"
Adom leaped into the air, ready to smash his shields into her like a mosquito into a windshield

"Nyehhh~" She stuck her tongue out and flicked him the bird. Her middle finger pointing up caused oil within the ground to shoot up like a geyser, shattering Adom's shields immediately and launching him into the air. The force hitting his ribs cause him to spit up as he was flung up.

"Guhhh!" Expecting another attack front he summons a force field in front of him

Sofia directed the ink with her hand to go around the shield and with a finger flick caused two large spike pillars to impale Adom through his back. A painful but survivable injury for the likes of him. Though as Sofia continued to gesture her finger down, the Ink began propelling him down to the ground quickly.

Adom was pissed now, but still a smart combatant. He didn't use his forcefield as to trick her into thinking the injury he sustained was too great for him to be able to use his ability. And it worked. As he came in close, right before Sofia could launch another geyser of Ink at Adom to keep him in the air, he summoned his force field. Slamming right into her and launching her into the ground. The impact caused a large crater and a mighty shake.
"The only mistake here was thinking a pissant little girl like you could defeat me with raw power alone!"
He stood atop the shield that was crushing her.

"You're wrong... the mistake was thinking a second rate Contraband like that would be able to STOP ME!"
Ink collectively gathered around her arm, turning it into a goliath ink fist which allowed her to easily punch through the barrier atop her and uppercut Adom nearly a hundred meters away.

After soaring through the sky and landing on the ground, he slowly recovered. His injuries were finally starting to get to him. He wouldn't be able to take much more.

"I'm gonna do what I should've did from the start and stamp out this insignificant bug!"
Now collecting all the oil she had managed to gather, it hovers above her in the air. A massive ball of ink that slowly took the shape of a giant boot. With one last gesture, she sent the boot careening towards Adom.

"D-Damn it..." Not having much choice, he summoned a barrier in every direction surrounding him. It may not hold up, but it was his best chance of surviving this. As the boot came into contact with the barriers, a clash began. Both of their full might on display for everyone to see.

"SAYONARA BASTARD!" She used her second hand to exert more force onto the barriers, causing them to slowly shrink and close in on Adom. If she kept this up, he'd be crushed by his own barriers.

"No no no, damn it, DAMN IT ALL!" He began to grit his teeth and hold out both of his hands. What he didn't notice was ink dribbling in through the extremely small gaps in the shields shape. Which quickly took the form of small pins and needles, wedging themselves into his torso
"GRAHHHHHHHH!" His nose began bleeding from the force he was exerting. He managed to repel all her ink with one final shove at the cost of his barrier shattering.
"I underestimated this girls strength... t-this isn't a girl... she's a ******* monster!" He couldn't help but collapse to his knees and grunt as he looked up at Sofia already preparing another attack to finish him off

"You woulda been better off running away, bud..." She gave him a sinister stare. Right before she could initiate the finishing blow with but a single gesture, she stopped herself as Adom spoke.

"You win! I surrender.. I can't beat you as I am..." He breathed heavily as blood dripped from his nose onto the desert floor. With that, round 1 went to Sofia, much to Adom's dismay. He was unbelievably upset with himself, though also curious on what they could accomplish if they were to recruit Sofia.

Adom is quick to make the first move, summoning a shield half-way underground pointed diagonally up. In an instant, spikes protruded out the front, causing large amounts of rock to spew up from the Earth in Sofia's direction.

"Thinks he can beat me with rocks, does he?" She scoffed as the tattoo on her arm crept from off of her arm, taking the shape of a small stream of ink. The stream weaved its way through all the rocks, causing them to shatter into small debris and smoke, masking her position from Adom.

Adom was observant, while his body didn't move, his eyes remained attentive, looking around him, anticipating her next attack.

"Over here!" Her left hand swiped from her side up to her front, sending an ink-formed spear directly at Adom from his side.

Adom responded by creating a barrier right before the spear made contact with him, preventing her from changing the projectiles trajectory.

"Why so quiet? It's not gonna be fun to win if I don't get to her you get verbally crushed!" As she said crushed, she squashed her palm close, causing the ink that splattered against the forcefield to spread around the barrier and violently explode into a wall of spikes.

Adom summoned several shields to contain the Ink inside of it and began running towards Sofia, the shields zooming in front of him as he did so. "You talk a big game, but that stems from your arrogance. Just like that, you've already lost!"
Adom leaped into the air, ready to smash his shields into her like a mosquito into a windshield

"Nyehhh~" She stuck her tongue out and flicked him the bird. Her middle finger pointing up caused oil within the ground to shoot up like a geyser, shattering Adom's shields immediately and launching him into the air. The force hitting his ribs cause him to spit up as he was flung up.

"Guhhh!" Expecting another attack front he summons a force field in front of him

Sofia directed the ink with her hand to go around the shield and with a finger flick caused two large spike pillars to impale Adom through his back. A painful but survivable injury for the likes of him. Though as Sofia continued to gesture her finger down, the Ink began propelling him down to the ground quickly.

Adom was pissed now, but still a smart combatant. He didn't use his forcefield as to trick her into thinking the injury he sustained was too great for him to be able to use his ability. And it worked. As he came in close, right before Sofia could launch another geyser of Ink at Adom to keep him in the air, he summoned his force field. Slamming right into her and launching her into the ground. The impact caused a large crater and a mighty shake.
"The only mistake here was thinking a pissant little girl like you could defeat me with raw power alone!"
He stood atop the shield that was crushing her.

"You're wrong... the mistake was thinking a second rate Contraband like that would be able to STOP ME!"
Ink collectively gathered around her arm, turning it into a goliath ink fist which allowed her to easily punch through the barrier atop her and uppercut Adom nearly a hundred meters away.

After soaring through the sky and landing on the ground, he slowly recovered. His injuries were finally starting to get to him. He wouldn't be able to take much more.

"I'm gonna do what I should've did from the start and stamp out this insignificant bug!"
Now collecting all the oil she had managed to gather, it hovers above her in the air. A massive ball of ink that slowly took the shape of a giant boot. With one last gesture, she sent the boot careening towards Adom.

"D-Damn it..." Not having much choice, he summoned a barrier in every direction surrounding him. It may not hold up, but it was his best chance of surviving this. As the boot came into contact with the barriers, a clash began. Both of their full might on display for everyone to see.

"SAYONARA BASTARD!" She used her second hand to exert more force onto the barriers, causing them to slowly shrink and close in on Adom. If she kept this up, he'd be crushed by his own barriers.

"No no no, damn it, DAMN IT ALL!" He began to grit his teeth and hold out both of his hands. What he didn't notice was ink dribbling in through the extremely small gaps in the shields shape. Which quickly took the form of small pins and needles, wedging themselves into his torso
"GRAHHHHHHHH!" His nose began bleeding from the force he was exerting. He managed to repel all her ink with one final shove at the cost of his barrier shattering.
"I underestimated this girls strength... t-this isn't a girl... she's a ******* monster!" He couldn't help but collapse to his knees and grunt as he looked up at Sofia already preparing another attack to finish him off

"You woulda been better off running away, bud..." She gave him a sinister stare. Right before she could initiate the finishing blow with but a single gesture, she stopped herself as Adom spoke.

"You win! I surrender.. I can't beat you as I am..." He breathed heavily as blood dripped from his nose onto the desert floor. With that, round 1 went to Sofia, much to Adom's dismay. He was unbelievably upset with himself, though also curious on what they could accomplish if they were to recruit Sofia.
Nuntius watches on as he sees Sofia fight Adom.

"Usage of her Contraband are very powerful; that, and her strength makes her a very powerful opponent. The barriers are strong yet they carry little weight, a simple thump is all it needs to crush it in one blow...."

Nuntius watches on as he sees Sofia fight Adom.

"Usage of her Contraband are very powerful; that, and her strength makes her a very powerful opponent. The barriers are strong yet they carry little weight, a simple thump is all it needs to crush it in one blow...."

Adom was utterly humiliated to have lost in front of his father figure. He punched the ground and groveled to his master
"I'm sorry master. I couldn't win. I underestimated this devil and let my prowess get to my head. Perhaps if I hadn't made that mistake I would've won..." That was a huge lie, but unable to accept the truth his brain made up this lie as a way to cope with his loss

Adom was utterly humiliated to have lost in front of his father figure. He punched the ground and groveled to his master
"I'm sorry master. I couldn't win. I underestimated this devil and let my prowess get to my head. Perhaps if I hadn't made that mistake I would've won..." That was a huge lie, but unable to accept the truth his brain made up this lie as a way to cope with his loss
"Lying will get you no more than you are right now.... But alas..."

Nuntius floats as he begins to take Adom and Viviaan with him.

"I'll be leaving you two here alone... What you do with this encounter is up to you..."

"Lying will get you no more than you are right now.... But alas..."

Nuntius floats as he begins to take Adom and Viviaan with him.

"I'll be leaving you two here alone... What you do with this encounter is up to you..."

"Where do you think you're going? Our bets not off. You still owe me a fight." They grinned as a wall of ink blocked off the path behind him.
"Afraid you'll lose?"

"Where do you think you're going? Our bets not off. You still owe me a fight." They grinned as a wall of ink blocked off the path behind him.
"Afraid you'll lose?"
Nuntius takes a sigh, before activating at least 10 of his Contrabands.

"Stand back."

In an instant, the ink was dispersed by a sudden gravitational force. Sofia's body contorted as she's knocked away, except for Villum.

"I do not consider you as a threat."

Nuntius takes a sigh, before activating at least 10 of his Contrabands.

"Stand back."

In an instant, the ink was dispersed by a sudden gravitational force. Sofia's body contorted as she's knocked away, except for Villum.

"I do not consider you as a threat."

After being knocked back, she was very shocked but able to get back up.

"Master, if you'd be willing to accept my pardon, I think you should let her live. If she comes with us, your plan will flow more smoothly. Not to mention she could make a fine asset..."

"We'll see if that's what you think after I figure out how this technique works." Foolishly believing he had only one technique she had the dispersed oil close in on the two of them as large spikes.

After being knocked back, she was very shocked but able to get back up.

"Master, if you'd be willing to accept my pardon, I think you should let her live. If she comes with us, your plan will flow more smoothly. Not to mention she could make a fine asset..."
"I see... Proceed with the plan from earlier and take Viviaan to him..."

With a flick of his wrists, a pool of black smudge transports them back to the arena.
"We'll see if that's what you think after I figure out how this technique works." Foolishly believing he had only one technique she had the dispersed oil close in on the two of them as large spikes.
Nuntius puts his hands on a praying position before summoning a Water-based Contraband to counteract the oil.

"I see... Proceed with the plan from earlier and take Viviaan to him..."

With a flick of his wrists, a pool of black smudge transports them back to the arena.

Nuntius puts his hands on a praying position before summoning a Water-based Contraband to counteract the oil.

"Diluting the oil in water to try to remove my control over it. You're clever. Makes sense given your appearance. But not clever enough, anything that mixes with my oil I'm given full reign over!" Maybe it's not best to explain her capabilities, but she's arrogant as Adom addressed. The mounds of water formed into large pillars on each side attempting to crush him between the two.

"Diluting the oil in water to try to remove my control over it. You're clever. Makes sense given your appearance. But not clever enough, anything that mixes with my oil I'm given full reign over!" Maybe it's not best to explain her capabilities, but she's arrogant as Adom addressed. The mounds of water formed into large pillars on each side attempting to crush him between the two.
"Indeed, you're powers do reign over things that are liquid..."

In a snap, he switched places with Sofia, the same black smudge appearing behind him.

"But can you survive your own attacks?"

Instead of him, it's Sofia being crushed by her own attack, a taste of her own medicine if you will.

"Indeed, you're powers do reign over things that are liquid..."

In a snap, he switched places with Sofia, the same black smudge appearing behind him.

"But can you survive your own attacks?"

Instead of him, it's Sofia being crushed by her own attack, a taste of her own medicine if you will.

Her eyes widened as she was crushed between the two pillars of Ink, it all falling onto the ground as a murky puddle afterwards. She panted, dripping ink from all over her body.
"I've deduced your technique. Reign over the three states of mater pertaining to H20? You pushed all my ink away earlier, that must have been air. Then you summoned water. And then made that comment about my technique giving me control over liquid. My guess is you're going to freeze the water over to disable my access to oil... Am I right?"

Her eyes widened as she was crushed between the two pillars of Ink, it all falling onto the ground as a murky puddle afterwards. She panted, dripping ink from all over her body.
"I've deduced your technique. Reign over the three states of mater pertaining to H20? You pushed all my ink away earlier, that must have been air. Then you summoned water. And then made that comment about my technique giving me control over liquid. My guess is you're going to freeze the water over to disable my access to oil... Am I right?"
"It's quite funny you should say that... I mean, you aren't wrong about me having that power... But they are simply a small fragment to the library that I own..."

Nuntius begins to approach to her.

"My power, to put it simply, is to create and control Waterboarders... I can possess multiple powers at once, that's all..."

"It's quite funny you should say that... I mean, you aren't wrong about me having that power... But they are simply a small fragment to the library that I own..."

Nuntius begins to approach to her.

"My power, to put it simply, is to create and control Waterboarders... I can possess multiple powers at once, that's all..."

"Well shit, that's an issue." She grinned. She should be terrified, but she's more pumped to have come across such a strong foe. Though much to Nuntius surprise she puts her hands up.
"I surrender. I would've kept the fun going a little longer, but I know Viviaan would hack my ear off if I got hurt."

"Well shit, that's an issue." She grinned. She should be terrified, but she's more pumped to have come across such a strong foe. Though much to Nuntius surprise she puts her hands up.
"I surrender. I would've kept the fun going a little longer, but I know Viviaan would hack my ear off if I got hurt."
Nuntius remained silent and levitated as he turned around and brought Sofia to Adom's location.

Nuntius stood on the round table, some light illuminating behind him, as if Xavier has entered heaven.

With him, Adom was there, kneeling down.

"It's quite a pleasure to meet you. Please, take a seat..."
Xavier walks towards the seat closest to him, pulling it out and taking a seat directly opposite from Nuntius.

"Nice lighting," Xavier said simply, looking at Nuntius behind his suit.

Xavier walks towards the seat closest to him, pulling it out and taking a seat directly opposite from Nuntius.

"Nice lighting," Xavier said simply, looking at Nuntius behind his suit.
"I- no, perhaps we would like you to join us in our worldwide mission. A mission that... perhaps could pique your greatest interests..."

Nuntius sat down as he crosses his legs to another.

"Continue."

"Worldwide?" Xavier thought. "Does he mean something to do with Waterboarders?"
"Our world is... plagued with these monsters that you know as Waterboarders.... They are the source of everything bad that has happened to human history: the lost of their loved ones, destruction of property, and the breakdown of society as we know it... You clearly have bear witnessed to the destruction they could and will bring... But we aren't here to simply stop them.. We are here to ascend, to transcend past our humanity, free of any concepts binding us, unshackled by fate and destiny...

Join us, Xavier...

Everything is worth the risk...."

"Our world is... plagued with these monsters that you know as Waterboarders.... They are the source of everything bad that has happened to human history: the lost of their loved ones, destruction of property, and the breakdown of society as we know it... You clearly have bear witnessed to the destruction they could and will bring... But we aren't here to simply stop them.. We are here to ascend, to transcend past our humanity, free of any concepts binding us, unshackled by fate and destiny...

Join us, Xavier...

Everything is worth the risk...."
"Transcend past humanity? Waterboarders being the source of everything bad? This bloke has some screws loose."

"A lot of words to say nothing at all. What is your plan exactly?"

"Transcend past humanity? Waterboarders being the source of everything bad? This bloke has some screws loose."

"A lot of words to say nothing at all. What is your plan exactly?"
"My plan? My plan is simple... Unlock the dimension where Waterboarders come from and use it as a medium for humanity to 'evolve'...

Aren't you a man of biology? This would help you in understanding life, creation, death and destruction. By learning the truth, you can expound your studies, grow as a person and achieve whatever it is you desire....

Isn't that what you wanted?"

"My plan? My plan is simple... Unlock the dimension where Waterboarders come from and use it as a medium for humanity to 'evolve'...

Aren't you a man of biology? This would help you in understanding life, creation, death and destruction. By learning the truth, you can expound your studies, grow as a person and achieve whatever it is you desire....

Isn't that what you wanted?"
Xavier was silent for a long time as he pondered the question.

"And do you truly believe that you can do it?"

"We have Sergio, our key to unlocking the Nexus... We have Paige, their information gatherer... And soon, we will seal the Strongest Contraband User..."
Xavier sighed at the lack of a clear answer and a deflection away from it.

"And what exactly does Sergio do? And for that matter, how is this supposed "strongest Contraband user" relevant?"

"Sergio's detachment from reality is our key to entering The Nexus... And for the Strongest Contraband User, he is a man of absolute power, one that neither you or I can or will ever match. In about a couple of weeks, he will arrive here and wreck chaos and havoc.... Killing him or subduing him is ineffective, but...."

Nuntius orders Adom to bring Viviaan...

"She and the seal, will help us pin him down long enough to achieve our goal."
(isn't this a flashback)

Back