• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"He's agreed. I've only revealed the best sides of you to him. If we're lucky, that's just what this 'Nuntius' guy requires" Monica replied.
Xavier leaned back and laid down upon the grassy hill, staring up at the sky.

"I'd say I'm a lucky man."

Xavier paused for a moment before continuing. "Have they requested another animal?"

Xavier paused for a moment before continuing. "Have they requested another animal?"
"A few white-tailed deer" Monica replied before pointing at the caged raccoons

"Here are the raccoons you requested. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda miss seeing them. They used to be so common..."

"A few white-tailed deer" Monica replied before pointing at the caged raccoons

"Here are the raccoons you requested. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda miss seeing them. They used to be so common..."
"I'll get those situated for you." Xavier says as he grabs the Raccoon cages.

Xavier paused for a second before continuing.

"Normalcy has certainly changed... but I definitely don't miss them rummaging through my garbage."

"I'll get those situated for you." Xavier says as he grabs the Raccoon cages.

Xavier paused for a second before continuing.

"Normalcy has certainly changed... but I definitely don't miss them rummaging through my garbage."
"I had the luck not to notice it, at least until that thing attacked" Monica replied before noticing the flying organisms above them, thinking back at the last batch of organisms Xavier had made.

"Would you like to monitor Mr. Hunters and ensure this goes well?".

Back in the real world, black fur was noticeably scattered all over the white snow and on the fur of the wolves. George himself was brushing some of that fur off his coat, the cat responsible for this currently on his shoulder.

"Alright, I'm bringing Blake with me until I figure out where to put her. Stay put and only come at my signal, got it?" he said to the wolves before walking away, trudging through the forest for a few minutes until eventually finding the entrance, and the one guarding it.

"Hey, Adom! I got the water and ammunition you all requested" George greeted before noticing another black cat on the snow rubbing its body on Adom's legs.

"That's one of Blake's clones. She's with me" the hunter added, the black cat on his shoulder meowing in response.

Last edited:
"Hey, Adom! I got the water and ammunition you all requested" George greeted before noticing another black cat on the snow rubbing its body on Adom's legs.

"That's one of Blake's clones. She's with me" the hunter added, the black cat on his shoulder meowing in response.
"Good. Leave it in Mark's office. They'll make better use of it than me." They said as they looked down at the cat

"Good. Leave it in Mark's office. They'll make better use of it than me." They said as they looked down at the cat
The cat on the ground suddenly disappeared into a puff of fur.

"They're temporary by the way. Still figuring out if they have a time limit or are just willed by the original" George explained.

Xavier looked up once again at the mechanical contraptions that had been above them since he got here. He still wondered who created and sent these, regardless of their relatively low-tech nature to Xavier's standards. Materials were hard to come by after all.
(Uh, @InfiniteDay? This is one of Xavier's. It's why I asked that question at Discord)

"Strange. As long as they don't bother me they're in the clear."
Entering the base, George passed by the few guards before eventually finding the office marked for inspection. The person manning it changes by time to time yet this time, it's someone he recognized

"Oh, hi Mark"

"Pretty cool, huh?" Xavier said, noticing Monica look up at the birds.

"Kind of like a dove, no?"
"It would be hard to believe that they were once cameras. But I didn't believe in mankind, I didn't believe the apocalypse would be caused by something not human, and I didn't believe we could make life out of objects. At this point, I'm open to anything" Monica replied, picking up her hatchet and map.

"So, you want me to send them?".

"It would be hard to believe that they were once cameras. But I didn't believe in mankind, I didn't believe the apocalypse would be caused by something not human, and I didn't believe we could make life out of objects. At this point, I'm open to anything" Monica replied, picking up her hatchet and map.

"So, you want me to send them?".
Xavier doubted the bird would last long without the safety of this environment, but he could always make more if he felt the urge.

"Wherever is fine."

Entering the base, George passed by the few guards before eventually finding the office marked for inspection. The person manning it changes by time to time yet this time, it's someone he recognized

"Oh, hi Mark"
Mark gave a sluggish wave to George, not taking his eyes off the computer he was working on.

Mark gave a sluggish wave to George, not taking his eyes off the computer he was working on.
"I'm here with the usual rations of water and ammunition" George replied while putting down the things he had been bringing, quickly noticing another black cat stretching on Mark's desk before laying down on his keyboard and purring

(Okay, I'm ready...)
In the church, Nuntius was experimenting with new Contrabands, combining some of them to create new and powerful ones.

It was silent, dark, and eerie, filled with such mystery as his figure. The mask— as if a part of his face— covered his flesh in shadow.

"Right now.... they must be training... Training to get more powerful... Training to face harder adversaries.."

Nuntius was fiddling with a bowl of apples, grabbing them with his right hand.

"Adam and Eve, they ate the fruit of knowledge to become like Gods, but ended up being tricked by the Devil and cast away from the land of Eden... I, however, does not strive for such goals...All I want is nothing more than to save humanity from the threat that is the Waterboarders. Those who say otherwise are all but... lost souls who need only guidance in life... It comes to a shame that I had shed blood for the cost of Salvation... But death is not what I've granted them, no no no... The afterlife is their final destination, a way for them to reform their lives as they too await their calling..."

He gets closer towards a man, trapped by a thousand black hands, each one held at a specific joint.

"The time is near, Sergio.... Become our gate you will, serve your purpose you will...

The new world will be born..."

(Okay, I'm ready...)
In the church, Nuntius was experimenting with new Contrabands, combining some of them to create new and powerful ones.

It was silent, dark, and eerie, filled with such mystery as his figure. The mask— as if a part of his face— covered his flesh in shadow.

"Right now.... they must be training... Training to get more powerful... Training to face harder adversaries.."

Nuntius was fiddling with a bowl of apples, grabbing them with his right hand.

"Adam and Eve, they ate the fruit of knowledge to become like Gods, but ended up being tricked by the Devil and cast away from the land of Eden... I, however, does not strive for such goals...All I want is nothing more than to save humanity from the threat that is the Waterboarders. Those who say otherwise are all but... lost souls who need only guidance in life... It comes to a shame that I had shed blood for the cost of Salvation... But death is not what I've granted them, no no no... The afterlife is their final destination, a way for them to reform their lives as they too await their calling..."

He gets closer towards a man, trapped by a thousand black hands, each one held at a specific joint.

"The time is near, Sergio.... Become our gate you will, serve your purpose you will...

The new world will be born..."
Sergio squirmed in their grasp, staring at the man with terror in his eyes.
"W-What the **** are you rambling on about?!"

Sergio squirmed in their grasp, staring at the man with terror in his eyes.
"W-What the **** are you rambling on about?!"
"Oh, poor poor Sergio... It seems that confusion has clouded your mind...."

Nuntius walked near him, turning his back, before suddenly facing him instantly. His pale white eyes showing pure nothingness as he inches away closer.

"...I'm merely talking about the near future, and you shall be our first step... Just like how the gates of heaven will be opened, you shall be our key..."

"Oh, poor poor Sergio... It seems that confusion has clouded your mind...."

Nuntius walked near him, turning his back, before suddenly facing him instantly. His pale white eyes showing pure nothingness as he inches away closer.

"...I'm merely talking about the near future, and you shall be our first step... Just like how the gates of heaven will be opened, you shall be our key..."
He couldn't help but profusely sweat in their presence.
"I-I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at... but you wanna help the people, right? You wanna get rid of those damned creatures?"

He couldn't help but profusely sweat in their presence.
"I-I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at... but you wanna help the people, right? You wanna get rid of those damned creatures?"
"Yes... Yes, indeed...", he whispered to his ear, burning his back on him once again.

"The state of this world, is pretty much that of pointlessness. Filled with nonsense justice, human rights, and gender equality... Yet none of them have ever bear witness to the glory of The Lord... The Lord whom will save us, whom will guide us!"

Nuntius begins to form an aura as he continues his speech.

"...And as His Messenger, I shall lead all of humanity towards True Salvation. One without wars, without guilt... without suffering... An elysium for all to live their own dreams, to create their own fate, to write their very own story...

Freedom..."

"Yes... Yes, indeed...", he whispered to his ear, burning his back on him once again.

"The state of this world, is pretty much that of pointlessness. Filled with nonsense justice, human rights, and gender equality... Yet none of them have ever bear witness to the glory of The Lord... The Lord whom will save us, whom will guide us!"

Nuntius begins to form an aura as he continues his speech.

"...And as His Messenger, I shall lead all of humanity towards True Salvation. One without wars, without guilt... without suffering... An elysium for all to live their own dreams, to create their own fate, to write their very own story...

Freedom..."
"All that "nonsense" you listed comes with freedom, does it not? Anyway, I guess I'm on your side. If you're trying to get rid of those monsters, you can't be all that bad, even if your messages seem a bit cryptic.."

"All that "nonsense" you listed comes with freedom, does it not? Anyway, I guess I'm on your side. If you're trying to get rid of those monsters, you can't be all that bad, even if your messages seem a bit cryptic.."
"Sssshhhhh...."
Nuntius silenced him with his finger.

"There is no nonsense to what I'm saying.... Understood?"

Suddenly, Sergio feels very sleepy as Nuntius touched his forehead.
While he felt the touch to be strange, he thought he was feeling weary as a result of his excessive training, as it was quite normal for him to pass out as a result of his unhealthy regime.
"Ah shit, I think I'm gonna... pass out.. really quick..."

"I'm here with the usual rations of water and ammunition" George replied while putting down the things he had been bringing, quickly noticing another black cat stretching on Mark's desk before laying down on his keyboard and purring
"What's the cat about..?" They pointed at the cat, finally turning their attention to George with only a blank stare.

"What's the cat about..?" They pointed at the cat, finally turning their attention to George with only a blank stare.
The sound of meowing could be heard though the cat on the keyboard was still silent. Checking his lap, he noticed another similar cat laying there, followed by something rubbing itself on his legs, and a feeling of heaviness on his shoulder.

"I'd cover your nose if I were you" George commented, followed by the cats popping into a cloud of fur.

The sound of meowing could be heard though the cat on the keyboard was still silent. Checking his lap, he noticed another similar cat laying there, followed by something rubbing itself on his legs, and a feeling of heaviness on his shoulder.

"I'd cover your nose if I were you" George commented, followed by the cats popping into a cloud of fur.
They pulled a mask from their coat pocket, placing it over their nose and mouth.

"So they aren't normal..."

They pulled a mask from their coat pocket, placing it over their nose and mouth.

"So they aren't normal..."
"Nope. She's been worked on by a contraband user. If you'd like, I can set up a meeting for you" George explained before looking out the window, noticing a dove perching by, a bird not native to this place "Or he'll come for directly and set it up himself. Whichever works better".

"Nope. She's been worked on by a contraband user. If you'd like, I can set up a meeting for you" George explained before looking out the window, noticing a dove perching by, a bird not native to this place "Or he'll come for directly and set it up himself. Whichever works better".
"Worked on by a Contraband user? I suppose I could make time for a meeting with them..."

"Worked on by a Contraband user? I suppose I could make time for a meeting with them..."
"Good! You're gonna like him, he's one hell of a researcher and with an ambition to boot. He should be available in the next 2 days" George replied before exiting the office and later the base.

On his way out, he did not forget to give a thumbs-up to the dove which had been watching him.

"Well that's settled. I'll meet up with him later to get a precise time" Monica said while looking at a screen, displaying the view of the dove "I'm sure this'll go well. It's been going well so far, hasn't it?".

"Hmmm...."

Nuntius can be seen, all alone as he exits the church.

"As of now, George is talking with this guess of his... That must mean that Adom should follow suit..."

"Mark has arranged a meeting with someone they believe could help lead to a leap in development of their Contraband production. On that topic, due to Mark's hard work, production of Contraband is expected to be up 370% this month. With a quality increase of about 93%. At this rate, I wouldn't doubt something big happening soon."

"Mark has arranged a meeting with someone they believe could help lead to a leap in development of their Contraband production. On that topic, due to Mark's hard work, production of Contraband is expected to be up 370% this month. With a quality increase of about 93%. At this rate, I wouldn't doubt something big happening soon."
"That's good... And plus, we shouldn't be forcing our members to work too harshly, the need for rest and proper training and guidance shall not only improve their morale in battle but also their faith towards The Lord..."

Back