• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

When she saw Dene fall, she instinctively went to him, she had him wrapped with her lower two arms, but in a way that wasn't uncomfortable for anyone, she tried to move him a little to see if he would react
As Noah looks to see him, tears run down his face.

Robbed at a mother's love at birth, left by his father to die. Abused by people on the street, meant to starve in the sidewalk. Tricked by people over and over, manipulated for his gullibility. Now having a girl be the monster that ripped his chances of getting any comfort?

His heart was already tattered and broken. But now... It's all gone.
"Sure, old man." said Rizzuto who began heading over but no matter what he did he couldn't shake off the bad feeling he then said to himself, "Well whatever it is I hope dene and Noah are ok."
Efrain nods, before walking away and going to buy some snacks.

As Noah looks to see him, tears run down his face.

Robbed at a mother's love at birth, left by his father to die. Abused by people on the street, meant to starve in the sidewalk. Tricked by people over and over, manipulated for his gullibility. Now having a girl be the monster that ripped his chances of getting any comfort?

His heart was already tattered and broken. But now... It's all gone.
Noah for her part, began to cry, there was nothing to do in this situation, this was worse than facing all the waterboarders combined.

Sam had finally a moment to rest after finishing his duties, deciding to simply sit down in the forest's gleam, looking up at the cloudy sky as he swore the breeze blew through his armour. After closing his eyes for a long while, he sighed and decided to study the disc he obtained last night.

It appeared to be a CD with the cover art and title of "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. It appeared relatively normal, however Sam could feel it was more than it's exterior appeared. Studying it for a moment longer, he stood up and began the trek to Theresa's laboratory to get it studied.

Noah for her part, began to cry, there was nothing to do in this situation, this was worse than facing all the waterboarders combined.
The two wept in silence as Efrain walks down to the headquarters, hearing the two cry.

He didn't bother it at first, but sensed it could be a Waterboarder.

The two wept in silence as Efrain walks down to the headquarters, hearing the two cry.

He didn't bother it at first, but sensed it could be a Waterboarder.
Noah stayed there, next to Dene her breathing was slow and soft, her skin and muscles were more relaxed but her mind was a mess.

She looked at the boy without saying anything in complete silence.

Now she didn't care about Soma, she didn't care about her species, she didn't care about anyone, she just wanted to be there until the end.

Noah stayed there, next to Dene her breathing was slow and soft, her skin and muscles were more relaxed but her mind was a mess.

She looked at the boy without saying anything in complete silence.

Now she didn't care about Soma, she didn't care about her species, she didn't care about anyone, she just wanted to be there until the end.
Dene simply fell asleep in her arms.

In a distance they could Efrain and Soma's conversation.

"Efrain, stand back... I'll deal with this myself..." Soma said, creating an orb of nuclear fusion. He didn't want fire it in case Dene is still alive as he barges in the door.

"What is this??"

Efrain looked confused, but readied his staff nonetheless.

It was Dene and The Waterboarder— Noah— holding each other as they cry.

Dene simply fell asleep in her arms.

In a distance they could Efrain and Soma's conversation.

"Efrain, stand back... I'll deal with this myself..." Soma said, creating a nuclear fission on standby. He didn't fire it incase Dene is still alive as he barges in the door.

"What is this??"

Efrain looked confused, but readied his staff nonetheless.
Noah stayed there with Dene, she saw him sleep peacefully there, she felt like garbage, a good boy who suffered a lot because of her race.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here for you." she managed to murmur, still with tears streaming down her face, she leaned over and kissed him on the forehead.

Noah stayed there with Dene, she saw him sleep peacefully there, she felt like garbage, a good boy who suffered a lot because of her race.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here for you." she managed to murmur, still with tears streaming down her face, she leaned over and kissed him on the forehead.
Dene was surprised, instinctively shielding her as Soma aims his "Macho ya Jua", holding out his right hand.

"Don't you ******* dare hurt her!!" he yelled, summoning thousands of flowers to shield him and Noah.

But, it was pointless. Soma and Dene's difference in power was like heaven and earth. It simply dissipated, leaving his own body to defend the Waterboarder.

Soma tried to aim it, but his fingers began shaking.... He knows that this person loves her and vice versa, he also knows how to love someone, and how one will do anything to make that love last forever.

"Don't do it, Soma! This isn't what you wa-"

"Kchhh!!!" Soma grunts, closing his eyes as he tries forcing himself to attack them.

"This will only make things worse! This isn't what Paige want!" Efrian said, holding Soma's right hand tightly.

"Keep my fiancee's name out your damn ******* mouth!" Soma pushes him away, still holding back to prevent accidentally killing Efrain.

He then looks at the two and tries to aim it again. He really wanted to kill them, just like how they did his uncle— his own family...

But is this what they want? Is this what she would want?

Soma mustered the courage to rid himself of his grudge towards them, slowly but surely dissipating the technique.

"Explain..."

Noah was surprised, in all her miserable years she never expected someone to protect her knowing what she really was, not even those of the same species had such quality, if a Waterboarder protects another it is mostly because they seek mutual benefit, but now there is Dene, who is protecting her because he loves her.

A couple of tears streamed down her face, but she concentrated on this

"Dene and me like each other, as you can see, I know this violates any knowledge or law that exists about my kind, but I don't care, if I have to die to protect him, that's what I'll do!!." Forcing her voice and words out of her mind in an attempt to make the Strongest contraband user not target Dene, her determination pierced through her own self causing her to subconsciously stand up, dwarfing Soma by sheer size and though their strengths were widely uneven, Noah's will was rivaling Soma's killing instinct.

Noah was surprised, in all her miserable years she never expected someone to protect her knowing what she really was, not even those of the same species had such quality, if a Waterboarder protects another it is mostly because they seek mutual benefit, but now there is Dene, who is protecting her because he loves her.

A couple of tears streamed down her face, but she concentrated on this

"Dene and me like each other, as you can see, I know this violates any knowledge or law that exists about my kind, but I don't care, if I have to die to protect him, that's what I'll do!!."
Dene was surprised. To see someone protect him, to... care for him. It felt, inspiring all the sudden.
Forcing her voice and words out of her mind in an attempt to make the Strongest contraband user not target Dene, her determination pierced through her own self causing her to subconsciously stand up, dwarfing Soma by sheer size and though their strengths were widely uneven, Noah's will was rivaling Soma's killing instinct.
Soma paused as he saw her will seemingly reach his aura. However, should he raise his a little higher, it would kill both Dene and Noah that easily. He didn't bother wanting to, and toned his killing instinct. He simply remained silent, prompting Efrain to do something.

"Noah... Stand down..." he said. Unlike Soma's overwhelming aura and Noah's will to protect her lover, his was simply a calm voice taming a wolf... He holds his metal hand to try and befriend Noah.

"I... had been fighting Waterboarders for so... so long... I have killed many of your kind... But to see someone make love to a human... It seems we've misjudged all of you..." Efrain said, his calmness overwhelming her will.

After few seconds, Noah changed into her human form in a blink, still being next to Dene, she wasn't sure but something inside her told her to listen to the old man.

"I... I... I really don't know what to say, Efrain" she finally said, still worried about the heavy presence that was Soma's Aura in the room.

After few seconds, Noah changed into her human form in a blink, still being next to Dene, she wasn't sure but something inside her told her to listen to the old man.

"I... I... I really don't know what to say, Efrain" she finally said, still worried about the heavy presence that was Soma's Aura in the room.
"You... and that boy... Do you solemnly believe that it is you who truly feels love toward him... or is it that human body that convey those feelings?" Efrain questions Noah.

Dene was still too stunned to speak, only hugging Noah close to him.

"I-"

"No, Soma. Let them have their piece... I had enough of your indecisiveness... We can't simply remain vigilant to them and simply judge for what they are... Though these monsters may feel emotions or fake them... We wouldn't know until we see... But from what my eyes can still view, there is not a single Waterboarder who had done this to a human."

"You... and that boy... Do you solemnly believe that it is you who truly feels love toward him... or is it that human body that convey those feelings?" Efrain questions Noah.

Dene was still too stunned to speak, only hugging Noah close to him.

"I-"

"No, Soma. Let them have their piece... I had enough of your indecisiveness... We can't simply remain vigilant to them and simply judge for what they are... Though these monsters may feel emotions or fake them... We wouldn't know until we see... But from what my eyes can still view, there is not a single Waterboarder who had done this to a human."
Noah accepted Dene's hug, helping her body relax.

"Yes, I really love him for my own will, and well, thanks, Efrain for at least giving me this little opportunity" she said with a smile, although she was still very nervous

Rizzuto who was waiting for Soma at the jewelry store for a while now decided to sing, "Row, row, row your boat Treasures down the stream Up, down, up, down Let's all row and sing Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream."

Soma approached the two, squatting up to look at Noah. His eyes weren't filled with anger nor was it to do with his aura. It was just him being him.

He took a sigh of disappointment before finally saying something.

"Y'know...
(You don't have to squat, Noah is smaller in her human form, about 5'6")

"What's going on?" She asked curiously, already ceasing to feel that tension on her body.

Damian smiles as his speaker plays stayin' alive his favorite song it has been about a week since he was sent to scout the area and it wasn't entirely for nothing he took out a good number of Waterboarders, and found some points of interest and took a look around Yhulens. That part wasn't intentional he forgot to make it so Chopper stopped flying forward when he went to sleep one night but they didn't have to know it was because of a mistake.

Damian starts singing along,
"Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin' and everybody sha-"
Home is within sight but it looks wrong concerned he pulls out his binoculars and what he sees causes him to worry, something he is not known for.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." Damian says as he tries to deny what he sees but reality doesn't change the city was attacked and buildings destroyed.

He considers turning the music off it no longer seems appropriate but right now he doesn't want to be alone with his thoughts as he searches for a spot to land.

Noah accepted Dene's hug, helping her body relax.

"Yes, I really love him for my own will, and well, thanks, Efrain for at least giving me this little opportunity" she said with a smile, although she was still very nervous
Soma approached the two, squatting up to look at Noah. His eyes weren't filled with anger nor was it to do with his aura. It was just him being him.

He took a sigh of disappointment before finally saying something.

"Y'know... I... didn't really expect anything to happen like this, but... What the old man says is true... I can see it with my own eyes... You do love him..."

Soma slowly stood up.

"But enough with this depressing romance crap... Let's all go to the gymnasium for the training... Up you two go," he says, helping the two go up as he teleports them to the training area.

Rizzuto who was waiting for Soma at the jewelry store for a while now decided to sing, "Row, row, row your boat Treasures down the stream Up, down, up, down Let's all row and sing Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream."
"Trying to catch a fish now, are you?" he murmured as be warps to his location and teleports him to the training grounds as well.

Noah listened carefully to everything.

When everyone was transported, she noticed the place and commented

"I don't think I can ever get used to being teleported" the Waterboarder said as she blinked several times, before glancing briefly at Dene.

Noah listened carefully to everything.

When everyone was transported, she noticed the place and commented

"I don't think I can ever get used to being teleported" the Waterboarder said as she blinked several times, before glancing briefly at Dene.
Dene was shocked, feeling sad and all of the sudden going for a training. It felt all too quick for him.

"I'm... I'm okay... I'm good I'm good..." Dene stands up by himself as he nearly pukes due to being teleported instantly.

"Who knows maybe I'll start a business." replied Rizzuto he then turned to Soma and asked him, "What took you so long."
"Guess I'mma have to tell you about this secret huh?" he said, crossing his arms.

Dene was shocked, feeling sad and all of the sudden going for a training. It felt all too quick for him.

"I'm... I'm okay... I'm good I'm good..." Dene stands up by himself as he nearly pukes due to being teleported instantly.

"Guess I'mma have to tell you about this secret huh?" he said, crossing his arms.
Seeing how depressed Dene and Noah where Rizzuto in a serious tone Asked Soma, "What are you talking about?!"

"I'm... I'm okay... I'm good I'm good..." Dene stands up by himself as he nearly pukes due to being teleported instantly
Noah was just there, she had a hand on his shoulder in case Dene release what they eat before

Hearing that they talk about her while having one of her hand still on Dene's shoulder, Noah turns her head and smiles at Rizzuto, while waving at him with her other 3 hands.
"Funny thing is... Dene can confirm it for you!"

Soma said as he happily presents Dene grabbing Noah and kissing her again.
Rizzuto seeing this was deeply confused a little disturbed and kind of happy for Dene he wasn't quite sure what to think he then asked, "So are Ya just cool with that I'm not sure how to take this I mean normally Waterboarders would just manipulate and kill you, but Noah doesn't appear that way." Gesturing to Noah and Dene making out he then said, "I...I just don't know how to take this I'm at a loss for words."

Back