• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Their sudden appearance causes them to shiver from head to toe before turning around to look at them.
"Y-Yea, it seems that way.. maybe don't sneak up on me like that though? I nearly had a heart attack..."
"I... was here the whole time. I was observing you. I trust you since you placed your trust on me... And also, pardon me for giving you a fright... I didn't know intend to do it." Efrain said.
Noah laughed while same time she accepted his hand, both walking to their new destination.
"Where do you wanna go now?"

"I... was here the whole time. I was observing you. I trust you since you placed your trust on me... And also, pardon me for giving you a fright... I didn't know intend to do it." Efrain said.
"Guess I was in such a rush I didn't notice you. Apology accepted anyway. So uhhh, what's there to do around here? I was just about to go out."

"Guess I was in such a rush I didn't notice you. Apology accepted anyway. So uhhh, what's there to do around here? I was just about to go out."
"Well.. Soma proposed to me of him training all of you. I'll personally confront Sam and try to convince him to train... Of course, if don't feel comfortable doing it, you can tell me otherwise..."

"Well.. Soma proposed to me of him training all of you. I'll personally confront Sam and try to convince him to train... Of course, if don't feel comfortable doing it, you can tell me otherwise..."
"I'm fine with it if they've got not problem with me. Them being upset with me is fine since I didn't have the best first introduction with them, but I don't want them taking it out on me again."

"I'm fine with it if they've got not problem with me. Them being upset with me is fine since I didn't have the best first introduction with them, but I don't want them taking it out on me again."
"I... doubt it would. Soma and I will debrief them of it..." Efrain said, patting Caleb's head as he walks over to hallway.
The girl thought, searching in her memories to see which was the best option.

"Maybe there is a park here?, from what I remember most of them are destroyed or in a bad state, so if there is one in this city we can see what it have" the girl proposed
The two walked along, eventually arriving to a park. There were multiple food stands, selling ice cream, cotton candy, donuts, and the sorts.

"Which one do you like?" Dene asked.

Noah looked, discarding the ice cream because we were in post-nuclear winter so it didn't make much sense, so she wanted to try something more exotic and surely Dene should too.

"That" She said as She pointed at the cotton candy

"Of course if you want too"

Noah looked, discarding the ice cream because we were in post-nuclear winter so it didn't make much sense, so she wanted to try something more exotic and surely Dene should too.

"That" She said as She pointed at the cotton candy

"Of course if you want too"
"Yeah... let's get some of that.." Dene said, as they approach the cotton candy maker.

"What would you like to have, mate?" said the man, speaking in a British accent as he welcomes the two to his stand.

"We'd like two cotton candies please..." he said.

"Oh a couple innit? It should be made for after a couple of minutes..."

Dene nods.

"Alright. See you then I guess." He starts making his way for the exit
"See you too, as well..."

"This place feels nice." Noah said feeling comfortable with the environment, loneliness probably affected her more than she thought, being here with so many life, made her feel good.

"Oddly specific contraband, friend doesn't use one, both have guns, Damian is chasing something nearby, that creepy place is important again, Viviaan important?" Villum says seemingly just thinking out loud before pausing.

Last edited:
"This place feels nice." Noah said feeling comfortable with the environment, loneliness probably affected her more than she thought, being here with so many life, made her feel good.

Dene placed his other hand on her shoulder as he offered her a seat to a bench, watching the sun as it hits noon.

"Efrain... Where are the others?" Soma asked, walking to him as Caleb leaves.

"Well, I've told the kid about our plans to train them... You think we should do it now??"

"We can save it up for later... For now, let's just relax I guess..." Soma sat down on a chair, facing Efrain.

His face expressed sadness, guilt, and anger for not doing his job well. Sure, he can just straight up destroy the enemies, but he may end up just falling in to their trap.

His thoughts overload his mind, as if he's sinking deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of doubt. But before he goes rock-bottom, Efrain stared at him.

Even without words, he knows what Soma is thinking. He too has been on the same boat as the kid: having to beat the weight of responsibility and expectation, the risk of losing, and the title as the "Strongest".

"I know... you failed..."

Soma's eyes darted towards Efrain.

"It's ironic to see being viewed as the strongest, yet is unable to do even a single thing... Fixing problems with sheer strength, but creating more in the process... You said to me once before, that you'd do whatever it takes to kill those Waterboarders... And back then, your determination grew ever so high... But now... Look at you, all grumpy and lazy.... Simply waiting for the moment where the enemy can get a hold of you..."

Soma's eyes wandered the table as he tries to look for answers. He glanced at his hands— imagining what he could've done should he arrived earlier, he looked at his feet— how fast could he had been if he didn't play with those monsters, and then darted back at Efrain— a man even he looked up to.

But seeing him in this state. In a sorry state where he is the only one capable of helping everyone, of ending all of this.

"Sir Efrain... you think I could do it?"

"Yes... yes you can..."

"Oddly specific contraband, friend doesn't use one, both have guns, Damian is chasing something nearby, that creepy place is important again, Viviaan important?" Villum says seemingly just thinking out loud before pausing.
She stops when she hears Viviaan's name and sets down the food she had snatched. Slowly approaching behind Villum with her broken metal bat which she smacked against her hand

Dene looked at her, his fingers caressing her hand.
"Y'know... this all started with a bet... r-right?" he joked.
"I know, but I really want to spend time with you, after all you were one of the few people I like, besides I don't know how long we will have here, so I think we should make this bet not exist and enjoy this "she answered him happily

"I know, but I really want to spend time with you, after all you were one of the few people I like, besides I don't know how long we will have here, so I think we should make this bet not exist and enjoy this "she answered him happily
"You... really.. l-like me? As in like me? Like, 100%" he asked, his voice shaking as he blushes.

No one has ever told him that ever, not even from his parents, not even from anyone else. But hearing it from someone who he spends the most time with brought him pure happiness and mostly.... love.

"You... really.. l-like me? As in like me? Like, 100%" he asked, his voice shaking as he blushes.

No one has ever told him that ever, not even from his parents, not even from anyone else. But hearing it from someone who he spends the most time with brought him pure happiness and mostly.... love.
"I...yes, but-" She stopped for a second.

"You probably don't feel the same, right?" She said downcast, she felt horrible for not telling him the truth of who she was, what she is a part of and what she did.

"You probably don't feel the same, right?" She said downcast, she felt horrible for not telling him the truth of who she was, what she is a part of and what she did.
"The f8ck you're sayin', of course, I like you! I- I love you, Noah... Like, "for real" real... No kiddin'...: Dene said, holding her face to bring her closer.

"The f8ck you're sayin', of course, I like you! I- I love you, Noah... Like, "for real" real... No kiddin'...: Dene said, holding her face to bring her closer.
"un, m, i-m" Tears came out, it wasn't just an added impulse that put her human form, no, its were real tears, both for happy and sad.

"I- D, Dene" her face was immersed in a lot of emotions

"I Hh-ave to sh-show y-ou something, later," she managed to said, but she told herself that she should tell him the truth, not now and not here, when both has privacy.

But now it was time to enjoy this moment, perhaps this is the last of her existence

her red face together with her look of sadness and joy at same time was the only thing present

"un, m, i-m" Tears came out, it wasn't just an added impulse that put her human form, no, its were real tears, both for happy and sad.

"I- D, Dene" her face was immersed in a lot of emotions

"I Hh-ave to sh-show y-ou something, later," she managed to said, but she told herself that she should tell him the truth, not now and not here, when both has privacy.

But now it was time to enjoy this moment, perhaps this is the last of her existence

her red face together with her look of sadness and joy at same time was the only thing present
Dene simply hugged her, holding Noah close as he embraced the girl.

"Don't worry about it..." he said.

Noah's heart was about to explode if it weren't for her different biological, it would have already exploded, she leaned closer and kissed him.

She felt the heat of his lips and the taste of them, soft and Gentle, she feeling her body fail.
Dene and Noah went to do this for a few seconds before finally letting go, the look on both each other's eyes as he blushes, still holding her close.

Back